Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Catskill Mountains Swarm, 6/16/13

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ST-DocLizard1 
#1 · (Edited)
Half the crew met at the Pilot and departed on time heading for a morning meal in Colesville. Enroute to breakfast, we made a stop at Advanced Auto Parts in Washington for a low beam bulb which we changed roadside. Our first check point was in Branchville to pick up two more riders while the sixth was waiting at the restaurant. After arriving, we sat down for spell and caught up on what was happening with everyone all while feeding our faces for the ride to come.

The way up was all backroads via multiple county routes. Our first stop was at the overlook on the west side of the Shawanagunk Mountain Range on US44/SR55. Even Booda(the travel monkey) got out of my top trunk for a photo op and to stretch his legs.

After refueling at the bottom the grade in Kerhonkson, we cut a path on CR 3 up to/through Catskill Park. Due to some time constraints, we decided to forgo Phoencia and detour down through Sundown Wild Forest and Peekamoose Valley. The scenery was oustanding and the road surface was not bad either.

A quick trip on the north edge of Roundout Reservoir courtesy of 55A delivered us back on to US209 where we waited for EMS crews to clear a serious MVA. A dash through the town of Ellenville and up onto SR 52 got us back into the Garden State without incident.

We had planned to eat at Pub 517 in Green Township around 5pm so we spared no speed in getting to our intended target within a few minutes of the appointed hour. The restaurant is known for its seafood as we have eaten there many times in the past. We settled for a lobster dinner preceded by a bowl of lobster bisque soup. Good conversation, delicious grub, and an attractive server made the day complete.

Interstate 80 was just 2 miles down the road where we split up and headed for our respective abodes. I covered 276 miles for day and arrived at my nest by 7:40 pm.

In attendance:

zaq123
deandeib
JohnB
bmw
rmb
STDocLizard1

& BOODA

All aboard 919's with one Bavarian creme for some European flavor.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.