Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Cut! Cut! Who's that moron on the bike?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  marylandmike 
#1 ·
Well, I made the long ride from Lex back to home in western, IL the other day. A 'long trip/ride review' will be upcoming once I get back to Lex.

Anyway, My parents live just outside the Quad Cities IA/IL and there are plenty of little river towns along the Mississippi. One such in LeClaire, IA is home to a company called Antique Archaeology and the base for the History Channel show 'American Pickers.' Having never been by; my dad, mom, and myself hopped on our respective rides and made the short country drive across the river into Iowa and along one of the Great River Roads to LeClaire. It was a comfortably mild late May evening as the breezes brought the distinct smell of water to the road paralleling it for miles.

Pulling into the little shop; I went up a little further ahead amidst some trailers, suburbans, lights, and cameras. As I was backing into a parking space a guy came running out as I shut off my bike, informing me that they were filming and their audio equipment inside was picking up my motorcycle. I looked into the picture window on the side of the shop and saw everybody inside starting at me, distinctly seeing that Danielle chick from the show as she was being lit by some bright lights. Anyway, I apologized and explained I was in from KY and just wanted to take some pictures. The guy was cool and friendly enough, though I'm sure annoyed that I had just cause them to do another countless 'take' I'm sure. He welcome me to take as many pics as I wanted but asked to please push my bike out to the street before starting it up.

Nothing more than a random incident, but kind of fun. You don't interrupt a film set just every day...

[video=youtube;qZC2AWNwftk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZC2AWNwftk[/video]

Some pics:

Oh wait....I meant some of my pics

See less See more
#6 ·
Well, you should have burnt the place to the ground and did as jeffie inquired.

Just joshin!

What a great bit of flair for the site!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You done good, brother.

BTW, my son just loves that show!

#7 ·
Great Story! That Danielle chick is Amazingly HOT!!!! Never knew I could dig that type of girl till I watched the show. Her tattoos are very sexy and she seems to have a great personality. But who knows she could be a real bitch off camera.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.