Wrist Twisters

Wrist Twisters (https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/forums.php)
-   Sportbikes (https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/f90/)
-   -   well i have narrowed down my (https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/f90/well-i-have-narrowed-down-my-27277.html)

godzuki 06-15-2011 07:09 AM

well i have narrowed down my

next bike to replace my recently crashed 03 1k gsxr

1. 07/ 08 gsxr 1000 benifits cheaper to mod lots of mod parts out there, should be the cheapest bike on the list which leaves more mod money lol

2. 1098/ 1198 i may or may not have enough for one but they already come with all the high end goodies on them. they will be a bit down on power from the rest though, but they have the best sound esspecially if it comes with aftermarket pipes lol.

3. gen 1 or gen 2 busa's nice all day bikes, great power

4. zx 14 pretty much same as a busa

anybody have these that can give a opinio

Asraiil 06-15-2011 07:23 AM

I can give you my wife's opinions on the Ducatis: Gorgeous, fast bikes, great sound out of the box, huge pain in the ass (mostly around the wallet region) to maintain. She'd probably say to go with the GSXR since they're pretty reliable and cheap.

crakerjac 06-15-2011 07:29 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I never quite understood the busa... I understand they are fast, but they are a beast.

Ferris Bueller 06-15-2011 07:39 AM

Id probably get a gsxr and make it a street fighter.

07919Dave 06-15-2011 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asraiil (Post 452029)
I can give you my wife's opinions on the Ducatis: Gorgeous, fast bikes, great sound out of the box, huge pain in the ass (mostly around the wallet region) to maintain. She'd probably say to go with the GSXR since they're pretty reliable and cheap.

+1 If you have the time and money go for the Duc. Buddy of mine just replaced the clutch on his 1098....$1200 poorer it is a smooth runner again. He was using it as a track only bike but now wants it for his commuter.

stiflers mom 06-15-2011 08:15 PM

In my opinion, the gixxer. Couldn't live without mine. Busa and 14 are just too heavy and why would you give up the handling? That's why I ride. And who doesn't love the Duck, but the difference in cash just doesn't justify it in my opinion. Now both would be nice..........just a dream.

Shaughnessy 06-15-2011 09:15 PM

Buy your dream bike and you won't care about how much you spend... Won't care as much...

curiousmike 06-15-2011 09:43 PM

You've owned sportbiles --- do you want another sportbile?
If so, then get a GSXR1YZFZX1016RR.

For a streetbike, the Busa/ZX14 would be hard to beat.
Talk to riders of Busas or ZX14's and you'll hear that they make a great streetbike that can rail.

Railing
http://coustier.com/jpg/t2.jpg
Touring
http://coustier.com/motorcycles/shasta.jpg

I owned a Busa for 30k miles and regret selling it.

godzuki 06-16-2011 05:03 AM

i know ive rode both a zx 14 and both 1st and 2nd gen busa's you can hustle them pretty quickly through the corners. i still have my old 92 gsxr 1100ish which while lighter than both zx and the busa is still alittle porky at 484lbs full tank.

i think i have found a bike but ill have get it street legal lol its a ex ama super stock bike, lots of high end stuff on it for wayyy cheaper than a duck. but ill have to get another set of body work and head light tail lights blinker mirrors that kinda stuff.

Stutz 06-16-2011 05:09 AM

KTM SM990r

Triumph 675 street triple r

Asraiil 06-16-2011 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godzuki (Post 452207)
i think i have found a bike but ill have get it street legal lol its a ex ama super stock bike, lots of high end stuff on it for wayyy cheaper than a duck. but ill have to get another set of body work and head light tail lights blinker mirrors that kinda stuff.

Working on it while you heal will give you time to get to know your new bike a bit better before hopping back on. :):motorcycle:

godzuki 06-16-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asraiil (Post 452209)
Working on it while you heal will give you time to get to know your new bike a bit better before hopping back on. :):motorcycle:

yes exactly what i was thinking. so far the bike didnt sell i have to get intouch with the guy though.

sbeau1960 06-16-2011 08:01 PM

Quite the poserific list there. Plans for a stretched chrome swingarm in the works?

Sorry, just hard to take 'Busas and Gixxers seriously when every single one around here is ridden by a squid with a helmet strapped to the side and has square tires. The Ducati is a completely different beast than that, but definitely not as problem free. ZX14's are nice bikes, but huge and heavy. How about a CBR1000RR, better sportbike than all of those?

Shaughnessy 06-16-2011 08:07 PM

BMW S1000r

jehicks87 06-16-2011 08:52 PM

Out of all of those, I'd go with the gixxer for price/performance. How big a boy are you, though? A 750 isn't a bad scoot, either.

godzuki 06-16-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeau1960 (Post 452341)
Quite the poserific list there. Plans for a stretched chrome swingarm in the works?

Sorry, just hard to take 'Busas and Gixxers seriously when every single one around here is ridden by a squid with a helmet strapped to the side and has square tires. The Ducati is a completely different beast than that, but definitely not as problem free. ZX14's are nice bikes, but huge and heavy. How about a CBR1000RR, better sportbike than all of those?

lol i know what you mean with the no helmet wearing squids, im very opposite, i am a ATGATT i dont care if it is hot you will still see me in a full suit helmet gloves spine protector and boots. as for the cbr i look at bikes for thier hop up easyness and with a gsxr i have 3 modles i can source parts from (normally i know not all parts interchange) the 600/ 750 and 1k. the 1000rr does not have that option, also im more of a its the guy on the bike that makes the bike good the bike is the base.

godzuki 06-16-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaughnessy (Post 452343)
BMW S1000r

ive kinda looked at it but after having a buddy with one im not likeing them much, from what he says all the power is top end located, with little to no mid range so you have to ride it like a 600 and keep it on the boil to take advantage of it. that and the price i look at what it costs and if i buy a used 07-08 stick the difference into that gsxr ill have a better bike.

godzuki 06-16-2011 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jehicks87 (Post 452351)
Out of all of those, I'd go with the gixxer for price/performance. How big a boy are you, though? A 750 isn't a bad scoot, either.

ive thougt about a 750 for a track only bike but they just have never interested me. geared up now ill be around 220, i was 220 pre crash but holy crap have i lost weight im under 200 easy.

plus i prefer the extra grunt of the bike bikes.

stiflers mom 06-18-2011 05:22 PM

Always said I didn't need a 1000, but now that I have one, there is no going back. The people that still say that, have probably never had one. And I am another that defies the Gixxer/squid deal. I built my bike from a $800 crashed 2001. I have put more blood, sweat and money into this bike than 10 posers put together. And I had the same reasons for selecting the GSX-R. Lots of parts to choose from. Though we all dislike the squids, they do serve a purpose. They provide a plentiful parts depot. By the time I got a full set of plastics, tank, rear assembly and rear wheel, I had just under $2800 in a custom bike, just like you see her now. You gave any thought to finding a good buy on a 03/04? Got to be some good buys on bikes and parts, I would think. Just another curve ball to through your way.......

jehicks87 06-18-2011 10:30 PM

f- the whole "squids ride gixxers" thing. Squids ride all kinds of bikes. Eventually, they will mature, get smart, or die off. No skin off my nose either way. The gixxer is a fantastic bike. As are Ninjas, R1's, and CBR-RR's.

If I were you, and you want a liter bike, I still say the gixxer is my top pick of the group.

godzuki 06-19-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiflers mom (Post 452676)
Always said I didn't need a 1000, but now that I have one, there is no going back. The people that still say that, have probably never had one. And I am another that defies the Gixxer/squid deal. I built my bike from a $800 crashed 2001. I have put more blood, sweat and money into this bike than 10 posers put together. And I had the same reasons for selecting the GSX-R. Lots of parts to choose from. Though we all dislike the squids, they do serve a purpose. They provide a plentiful parts depot. By the time I got a full set of plastics, tank, rear assembly and rear wheel, I had just under $2800 in a custom bike, just like you see her now. You gave any thought to finding a good buy on a 03/04? Got to be some good buys on bikes and parts, I would think. Just another curve ball to through your way.......

yea i have thought about getting another mainly just due to the look of that year i love the body style and they are the last years of the roomy trunks lol but im running outa aftermarket stuff that i want for it IE full carbon fiber body work and ill have to get another magnesium front rim, and nice rotors. thats why im looking at the 07/ 08 the aftermarket is still there, and they where the best handling of the 1k gsxrs, plus i have found 2 ex ama super stock race bikes that are ohhhh boy loaded down with goodies, i would only have to get street body work for the better of the 2 the other one still has a second set of all the street stuff, plus i found a wera superbike which oddly enough looks to be about the same as these 2 ama superstock bikes. if i can get the adjuster rolling on this soon ill be the best of the 3 which is rolling on ohilns suspension a ttx shock and cartridge kit in the forks plus a butt load of spares.

godzuki 06-19-2011 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jehicks87 (Post 452699)
f- the whole "squids ride gixxers" thing. Squids ride all kinds of bikes. Eventually, they will mature, get smart, or die off. No skin off my nose either way. The gixxer is a fantastic bike. As are Ninjas, R1's, and CBR-RR's.

If I were you, and you want a liter bike, I still say the gixxer is my top pick of the group.

you know your right on the liter bikes they are all pretty = just pick your favorite color.

sbeau1960 06-19-2011 07:12 AM

My personal liter bike list, in order of desirability...

S1000RR
RC8
CBR100RR
ZX10R

Your opinions may vary.

godzuki 06-19-2011 07:32 PM

now i do like the 04/ 05 zx10's looks the bmw no midrange, the rc8 i like but i dont know if i can afford it yet. never realy liked the honda, dont know why though its just not for me.

arctic954 06-19-2011 08:05 PM

Ya know Godzuki.....with your riding skills......you need a bike to make you work a little.....last thing you need is a bike that you can ride faster. Lol.

......why not get a track prepped 600.....and a mid horsepower classic for the street?

The 1st Busa was an awesome bike......yep, she'd corner just fine in the tight stuff. The key there was running the 190-55 to get the bike more on it's nose. It was ALL day comfy, and very docile putting around town.

godzuki 06-20-2011 10:01 AM

if the bike ive found doesnt sell before the insurance guy and i work it out ive found the bike, and as long as it looks good and runs good, ill be on another liter bike, just a slightly newer way better equiped and higher hp, so i will have to work harder for awhile learning the new monster lol

FXS 07-04-2011 06:04 PM

Go test ride a K1300S BMW. She's not a lightweight but it'll hustle the corners pretty [email protected] good. Very usable power from 2500 on up. Plus riding AGATT you would fit right in !!:riding:

Farab 07-04-2011 06:43 PM

I'd go for the GSXR1000. Lovely bikes, a pity that they are tainted by posers, etc., but I'd still have one regardless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by curiousmike (Post 452182)
I owned a Busa for 30k miles and regret selling it.

Then buy another!:)

curiousmike 07-04-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farab (Post 455408)
Then buy another!:)

It's on my ever growing list of bikes to buy when the kids leave the nest.
:whistling:

Farab 07-04-2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by curiousmike (Post 455416)
It's on my ever growing list of bikes to buy when the kids leave the nest.
:whistling:

I could have bought a friend's gen 2 Busa about a year ago, with twin yoshi's, pazzo levers, excellent condition for a good price....sort of regretting not going for it.

Just a side note: this bike is about the best sounding bike I have heard. The twin yoshi's gave it a deep, powerfull rumble. Not too loud, just right.

godzuki 07-07-2011 08:45 AM

well im concentrating on the gsxr 1k, then a busa gen 1 or 2, the only realy problem with them is at least half of them have been lowered and stretched and hood rat bling blinged out (wait wait i just threw up alittle), i have seen a few though but as of right now my top 5 that im looking at that are still for sale are all gsxr 1000's, 3 are ex race bikes, 1 is a ex ama super stock and ohhhh baby did they throw the cashola at this thing. the draw back with this one and 1 other race bike is ill need to get street body work headlights tail lights blinkers kickstand all the other stuff needed for street legalness.

Bigdaa 07-07-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godzuki (Post 455805)
well im concentrating on the gsxr 1k, then a busa gen 1 or 2, the only realy problem with them is at least half of them have been lowered and stretched and hood rat bling blinged out (wait wait i just threw up alittle), i have seen a few though but as of right now my................................................ .................................................. ....................................

Ya...that's funny right there!:clap::yes:

jay313 07-08-2011 03:47 PM

Just saw a big fat ass on a stretched Busa yesterday. He didn't even have to worry about wrist fatigue, cuz his fat belly propped him up on the tank just fine. Swing arm looked to be almost a foot too long. Grossness all the way around!