Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

How much?

1K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  brian 
#1 ·
2004 Honda 919

OK, I thought I would come to the experts. I've had it listed for a month and have only gotten a couple of reply emails. I don't need the money but at the same time there is no use in it just sitting in the garage and only seeing 500 miles a year while I still pay for insurance.

How much do you think I should sell the bike for?

#4 ·
Why is your 04 silver? 04 in the US only came in Uranium Green! Not that there is anything wrong with Silver, it'd just make me suspect (as a somewhat knowledgeable "buyer" anyway)

I'll give you $3.50 for it right now (if I needed a 3rd 9er, I'd probably lowball you at $3200 and hope to meet you closer to $3600)

#5 · (Edited)
Why is your 04 silver? 04 in the US only came in Uranium Green! Not that there is anything wrong with Silver, it'd just make me suspect (as a somewhat knowledgeable "buyer" anyway)

I'll give you $3.50 for it right now (if I needed a 3rd 9er, I'd probably lowball you at $3200 and hope to meet you closer to $3600)
Hey beef... look at the 919 helpful topics, check out the US 2004 colors.:smart:

Side note: It's sad to see the how low the 919 retails prices are these days. Its the old story of 'supply and demand.'

#6 ·
919's are slow sellers. Just a fact of life. Honda doesn't discontinue models for no reason. Then again, every bike I've sold on CL took a while. Motorcycles are a slow sell in this economy. If you want to stick to your guns on price, it will take a while. If you want to move it quickly, drop the price until someone feels they can't pass it up. The new tires are nice, but not something that adds to the value of the bike. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably drop the price to $4000 and wait another month before considering another drop.

#15 ·
Honda doesn't discontinue models for no reason.
hope that was sarcasm lol! sad to say but that statement is false. look at the shadow 600 vlx... outsold their much bigger bikes by a large margin and they still gave it the ax. just before giving it the ax though, the 750 shadows were dumb down to the point where it put out the exact same hp as the 600 vlx, but got mopped by the vlx because it was 100 lbs lighter and just looked better.

hondas have been idiots in the motorcycle market these last couple decades, very sad.

#9 ·
approx 6 mos ago, I gave 3500 for a 03 919 with Renthal bars, 04 forks, 15k miles and was glad to get it... that being said, i tried to sell a immaculate 03 Honda Nighthawk 750 w Corbin saddle, etc, listed on CL for months at 3000, no serious nibbles, just a bunch of goobers wanting to talk bikes, wanting additional pictures, etc... It just isn't a good time to sell any bike, especially a naked one...

#11 ·
It's funny, I bet if you go back to 1984-85, there's select group of guys sitting around talking about buying and selling CB900's and how the market's no good for them even though they were great bikes and Honda only sold them for a couple years.

:idunno:

#21 ·
I'm with you. I used to trade every year, but the soul destroying depreciation on this bike has broken that cycle! I'm ok with this. Still love the bike. I still have the money that would have spent on two or three trades. The way I see it, this '07 919 is paying me to keep it. It's proven to be cheap to run, easy to work on and so much fun to ride. Plus, at this point, it can't depreciate too much more so the worst of this financial drubbing is over. So instead of a new bike, I'm considering a couple of nice ocean cruises.

#18 ·
Lemonhead

That may be but, did you buy it as an investment or to ride? Vehicles as investments aren't meant to be used as that depreciates them. Buy guns as investments, get good stuff and it will appreciate almost a certainty. In 07 I paid $3900 for my 03 with 9K on it. Still love it.

Rich

#19 ·
I would think 4k for that bike would be a STRONG buy, for someone that wants a 9er. but as previously stated our bikes aren't pulling retail KBB at all..... Everyone wants plastics.

People don't buy 9er's cause they want a bike they buy 'em cause they want a 9er, make sense? So you really nneed to find the right buyer, it's funny how a bike that does it all fairly well appeals to a relativly small number of riders??? i get compliments eveywhere I go from older guys to freshies the whole scope.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.