Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Wierd Things

2K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  cmurphy84 
#1 ·
I've noticed lately that many avatars are not appearing. It will say 'cmurphy84's avatar' then when I mouse over the text the image appears. The alt text also appears on the rep bar.

Anybody else experience this?

#3 ·
it doesn't matter if it is animated or not. Heck, even the buttons on the WYSIWYG editor do it. Just now, the Quote button at the top said 'Wrap
tags around selected text'. As soon as I moused over it, the button appeared and the text went away.

This is in Firefox 3.0.12

I've attached a screen shot of (oddly enough) my avatar missing in action...

Attachments

#20 ·
This is in Firefox 3.0.12
If it helps, I did notice that once 3.0.12 came out, your avatar was missing. This was last week or so.. Maybe ten days max.

Since I am running 3.0.12 and things are working ok in Mac OS 10.5.7 and Vista, I might suggest resizing the avatar to a slightly "off" or smaller number. Don't push the avatar limit size. I believe that it's a mutual translation issue with VBulletin or the board software.

Mozilla isn't always right on top of things, but they are definitely the best in the arena.

Good Luck..

#8 ·
+10

I hate IE8. I only use it for getting on the Sharepoint HelpDesk and checking OWA from time to time.

I'll try IE just to see if it works, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna' like it.:crying:

...and Doug...that must be one tight budget if you can't do a FREE upgrade!

#16 ·
Alright. I switched over and used IE for almost an hour, and didn't see the problem there. I had other issues with IE. Mostly the speed and everything looked kinda fuzzy. I'll just live with it or wait for Lash to pop in and fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.