Well, thanks to Parts Unlimited dragging their heels on shipping my rear tire, I won't get to test ride until Thursday. I ordered the tires on Monday, they decided not to ship the rear until Thursday.
Other than that, everything else is slow, but making progress.
RC51, ride yours down here w/ all parts and we'll have it done in a day or so.
It would be nice to get it done soon. I won't be working on it until Friday this week. I'm still missing:
- Windscreen: not certain what to do? Hopefully Cee Bailey will have one or I need to fab a spoiler of some type?
- Center stand: Wanted the SW, but will most likely get Arrowhead's version with skid plate
- Suspension is going to be tight! Rick at Cogent will most like be able to provide front stuff, but the rear will have to be Progressive. Another option will be to hit up my buddy Pete at Computrack this week and see if he can rebuild the rear and modify the fronts for me ASAP. He's a friend, but not cheap?! Ughhh!
- Need to Jet-coat headers
- Need to see if I can overnight the head to get the Stage II head work done ASAP this week and get the cylinder bored
- The powder coater is behind as is the anodizer
- Seat needs to be modified also
- Doo-hickey stuff is out-of-stock
- The raising links are out-of-stock
The darn holiday tomorrow is a hamper. Besides the above issues the rest is a cake walk. The most time consuming issue will be prepping plastic to paint, stencil, and clearcoat.
On a positive, Gander Mtn is my new favorite place! Lots of freeze dried foods and got a sweet machette/ax for $29.99! How's bringing the BEAR SPRAY? I made a new friend named Larry.
A first class trip to Nürburgring would have been cheaper!
I'll put 7k miles on this thing in the next few weeks then it will sit as a museum piece for the remainder of time.