Preparing to travel
This week I'll start assembling my "long distance travel preparedness kit" or LDTPK as I like to call it - here's what I have so far slated to go in the kit:
Crazy glue and JB Weld in a pill bottle
Build a PVC goodies tube the right size to double as a front wheel prop stand – carry the following in the tube:
- zip ties small & large
- night glow sticks
- wrap the tube with duct tape and electrical tape for use as necessary
- sewing kit
- dental floss
first aid kit
advil / tylenol
Emergency food – granola bars, sealed bag of tuna, etc.
update tool kit with various metric sockets, torx, 3/8ths driver & extension - other tools commonly used.
tire repair/inflation kit
spare quart of oil
2 pair surgical gloves
20' of rope
other tips include:
- always have cash and spare key on the passenger
- leave copy of itinerary with someone at home
- printed directions, travel atlas, gps
- get a lanyard & sheath for cash, DL, credit cards, insurance, etc. no wallet - wear it around your neck under the jacket.
- carry surgical gloves
I didn't list the obvious like cellphone and personal protection projectile accelerator if you choose - what else am I forgetting?