New Bike and friend!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

New Bike and friend!!

Well as most already know I've sold the beamer and purchased a wonderful Triumph Tiger!!

To start the story off I have to say it was a pretty awesome day, maybe a bit long. I took the family out to VA beach to pick up this Bike

Started the day at the beach with the kids playing, nice sun rise, forgot the camera. The gps fumbled the address so we are sitting at an address that matched hondaf4iguys' all except it was road not court....well the wife says to me he said it needed a little tlc but are you sure this is the house??? It looked like well called his cell, straight to voicemail so we mess around call some friends get them to google and an hour later we find out we were only 2 blocks away Looked at the ride it was exactly as he described no suprises! The white really suites the bike and I love white, color of choice on most of my cars!!

As we've stood and talked I finally deceide to take it for a ride after a 5min. coaching on how to climb aboard a talk bike I'm off. Of course being that I can't find myself out of a wet paper bag when it comes to directions I foul up 4 rights and a left We get back and I all but fall of the tall bike another laughter session on how to get on and off the bike from hondaf4iguy

Got it loaded on the trailer i've never hauled a bike and always make fun of those that do, but I guess it made since before getting back the misses had already made plans for a sitter because of a party we missed cause of the gps glitch so she decides we can leave the kids anyway and take the new bike for a ride ummm not a hard sale obiviously

We both had a great time on it on some nice country back roads. Well after a lot of fun playing with it!! The conclusion is this bike will be around a long time!! She likes it has a nice back rest for her, which doubles as a huge trunk for the work commute!! Got to say even 2-up its got plenty of power, one time she said "I was expecting you to take off like that but thank goodness it had the back rest as i would have been falling off any of the other bikes you've had " I don't think it was that bad but anyways it has plenty of pickup!!

Finally got to ride it by myself today and many turns and couple wheelies later i totally made the right choice!!! I LOVE this bike!!! Smooth machine!!

So all in all got to help a friend out and buy a great bike and a small mini vacation for the family!! It was great!!

I will have to get back to Virginia Beach and meet all the local guys, but on the bike this time, i'm sure i'll never ride it as hard as f4iguy has but it will leave me with plenty of smiles just the same!!

Sorry so winded!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Good deal aj...Had some eats with f4iguy and Simpson sat night when you text him about the bike Glad you like it and good to see it go to a good home. Enjoy

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
2005 Honda CBR 600rr-Track
post #3 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 

yeah i had to rib him a bit!! I hate i missed all you guys wished i could have made an entire weekend but had to get back and pick up some flooring that hondaf4iguy has some interesting ideas to get it put down, fill everyone in on that later maybe

post #4 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

LOL! I am game to lend a hand. Just let me know.

Glad you are enjoying the bike. I was pretty positive you would, but it is nice to be reassured you are happy. Dad has been insistant I get the Trophy from him and park it in my garage (the Rocket has all but rendered it useless). It seems to bother him more than me I am bikeless. Funny how that happens sometimes.

Thanks again!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #5 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 

that is soo cool bought the Trophy and the fact you dad wants you to ride!!!

Well i forgot to mention there is one problem with the bike!!

The chain is on the wrong side

post #6 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcombs View Post
yeah i had to rib him a bit!! I hate i missed all you guys wished i could have made an entire weekend but had to get back and pick up some flooring that hondaf4iguy has some interesting ideas to get it put down, fill everyone in on that later maybe

We need to get a group thing organized at some point. East coast shin dig, bbq or something

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
post #7 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 06:53 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

We have one..... two actually. One in Fl and one in Ct. If you actually ride (which I no longer do) then you can go to those!!! LOL.

Ridge's Place in NC would be a great place to host actually. But for one reason or another, it has just never materialized in the past.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #8 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 06:59 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Well I've never seen the planning of these

Just hear about / heard about em

2008 Yamaha FZ1-Street
post #9 of 10 Old 04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Congrats, AJ!

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #10 of 10 Old 04-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
We have one..... two actually. One in Fl and one in Ct. If you actually ride (which I no longer do) then you can go to those!!! LOL.

Ridge's Place in NC would be a great place to host actually. But for one reason or another, it has just never materialized in the past.
Yeah, WTF???

You plan/organize it and I'll host it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode