MZ Baghira Enduro - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

MZ Baghira Enduro

Ok, iceman posted up this beautiful bike and I'm in love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
I was vaguely aware of the Baghira but had never read anything about them. Germany's oldest motorcycle manufacturer, built like a tank and powered by a Yamaha 660 Raptor motor.

2005 MZ660 Baghira - Other Dirt Bike Motorcycle Review - Motorcycle USA

I think I want one!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Imaginifer

Thanks,this is my third summer with this bike and it's a blast on class four roads and the interstate.
660 single that can get close to 100mph.It's a very tall bike.i have a 33 inseam and tip toe it at lights,I like it underway cause you sit so high up.
A lot of people are afraid of the parts for this bike but everything is available.The oil is in the frame.

post #3 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 09:36 AM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Love that color, badass looking bike!

Not many for sale, a few on both coasts, only ones halfway close are in Detroit and St. Louis.

post #4 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Alaska bound

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Love that color, badass looking bike!

Not many for sale, a few on both coasts, only ones halfway close are in Detroit and St. Louis.
Fly and ride guy!

After many years and many dreams I have realized my goal of riding in all 50 states!

Now the rest of the world!

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. --Leonardo Da Vinci
post #5 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 12:24 PM
Imaginifer

Mine came black like the posted picture but the guy I got the bike from had it painted.
Here is a good forum for MZ MZ/MuZ Riders • Portal

It has a lot of owners pictures/for sale section,..just click on board index

for sale MZ/MuZ Riders • View topic - Baghira Enduro For Sale, Cincinnati, $2800

post #6 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Mine came black like the posted picture but the guy I got the bike from had it painted.
Here is a good forum for MZ MZ/MuZ Riders • Portal

It has a lot of owners pictures/for sale section,..just click on board index

for sale MZ/MuZ Riders • View topic - Baghira Enduro For Sale, Cincinnati, $2800
Thanks for the forum link, I called that guy in Cincinnati and talked to him for like half an hour. His is a 1998, all adjustable suspension and several off road mods. Not a beautiful color, purple and yellow, but the body would not appear to have changed over the years. He actually lives about an hour away from here in Indiana, think I'll take a drive this week and check it out.

I also mentioned I was looking for a trailer and he said his buddy has an almost new 6x10 aluminum v-nose with ramp door and side door for sale, pretty much exactly what I've been looking for. Sounds worth a trip to check it out the bike and trailer, you just never know.

post #7 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 04:47 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

That is one bad azz lookin' dual sport!

post #8 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

I like this one! Why so freak'n far away! The price is great and it has street tires!

MZ/MuZ Riders • View topic - 05 MZ Baghira $3000

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #9 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

It's my obsession of the day. Joined the MZ forum, have been researching everything about the Baghira. I'm smitten with this funky German dual sport, more power than a KLR and certainly not as common. Drivetrain parts readily available through Yamaha and tons of aftermarket go fast stuff made for quads that bolts right on. Other parts are available online and everyone says not much breaks anyway because they're built so tough.

Saw yours in the Baghira thread on ADVrider iceman, love that color. Also like this yellow one and bedliner sprayed one from that thread. Think it would look cool in flat army green as well, would be fun to paint it myself and see what I could do with it.

post #10 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
I like this one! Why so freak'n far away! The price is great and it has street tires!

MZ/MuZ Riders • View topic - 05 MZ Baghira $3000
That is a great price. Here's one a bit closer to you 2003 MZ Baghira 660 Supermoto motorcycle-trade

post #11 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 05:31 PM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
That is a great price. Here's one a bit closer to you 2003 MZ Baghira 660 Supermoto motorcycle-trade
Saw that one and it costs more with a bit of work. Big question mark?

Iceman ... do you know this guy in Southern Maine?

post #12 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

He's got an enduro for sale also 2003 MZ Baghira 660 on/off road motorcycle-dirtbike

Good deal in St. Louis on a Supermoto 2003 MZ Baghira

Too much money on this one in Detroit MZ Bahgaira 660

post #13 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 05:39 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
He's got an enduro for sale also 2003 MZ Baghira 660 on/off road motorcycle-dirtbike

Good deal in St. Louis on a Supermoto 2003 MZ Baghira

Too much money on this one in Detroit MZ Bahgaira 660
Saw the one in St. Louis also. The one is Cali is a bargain for a '05 ... I even like the color.

post #14 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 06:28 PM
Imaginifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Saw that one and it costs more with a bit of work. Big question mark?

Iceman ... do you know this guy in Southern Maine?
I don't know him but he has been trying to sell that bike for over a year now and still no added miles.He states 2 miles on rebuilt motor,I'd pass.

I think he's afraid if he rides it he will break the new motor,just my guess.
he has another also I believe.

$2,500 to $3,500 is about what they go for I got mine off of the adv.riders site for $3,500 with 1,500 miles 2003 and lots of upgrades
Added lights,crash plate brush guards,i will warn you the seat if stock has to have something done to it.if you look at what I use on mine ,I got it off ebay for $50 problem solved.I actually use it on the 919 also.Interchangeable :-) Oh an one of those loud ass stebel horns and the new paint.

post #15 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
$2,500 to $3,500 is about what they go for I got mine off of the adv.riders site for $3,500 with 1,500 miles 2003 and lots of upgrades
Added lights,crash plate brush guards,i will warn you the seat if stock has to have something done to it.if you look at what I use on mine ,I got it off ebay for $50 problem solved.I actually use it on the 919 also.Interchangeable :-) Oh an one of those loud ass stebel horns and the new paint.
The Cincinnati one from the MZ forum seems pricy at $2800 for a 1998. He's had it for sale over a year though, started at $3500, might come down a bit more. It has a kilometer speedo, has 14K showing, like 8700 miles.

post #16 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Imaginifer

Quote:
The Cincinnati one from the MZ forum seems pricy at $2800 for a 1998. He's had it for sale over a year though, started at $3500, might come down a bit more. It has a kilometer speedo, has 14K showing, like 8700 miles.
Ya,I think with all those airplanes in the background that he's through with bikes.
I bet you could get that for a lot less and like the 919, year doesn't matter really,nothing changed.They MZ use ktm/white power shock Acerbis <sp> plastics,tank also plastic from Italy.
that site has a cross referance thread lots of stuff match up front rotor same as an R6 front.Stuff like that.

That site is not as active but has tons of stored info.and if you post a problem someone gets back to you.They also have a dog bone that lowers the bike which his appears to have.That stock exhaust is solid stainless steel and VERY heavy for how small it is.

Mine is also kilo's and the best part the DMV doesn't list them.At least not up here.
and I've seen how you can clean up a bike,in no time it would be cleaner than mine !! :-) Me thinks his $3500 last year was overly optimistic and now with the economy and all I wouldn't go past $2,000 but that's just me. Maybe less,no ones knocking his door down.

post #17 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

He said it had lowering links when he bought it, he put it back to stock. Think the pics are old, he said he'd also removed the decals and added a comfort seat. Seems like $2000 would be top dollar for the year.

What exhaust to you have on yours iceman?

post #18 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
Imaginifer

Quote:
He said it had lowering links when he bought it, he put it back to stock. Think the pics are old, he said he'd also removed the decals and added a comfort seat. Seems like $2000 would be top dollar for the year.

What exhaust to you have on yours iceman?
The exhaust is a stock TI off a sport bike,I forget what bike it came from though.
I found the post that the original owner posted on the mz board,I saw it on the adv site and that went on for pages.I had to give him all the money.The one thing though he listed as a 2002 and it was a 2003 per the title.upstate NY that seat looks stock,nothing comfort about it.Unless he stuffed more foam under the cover.

MZ/MuZ Riders &bull; View topic - Baghira 660 Enduro FOR SALE

post #19 of 19 Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

I seem to be drawn to offbeat German dual sports, this caught my eye today as well ****2001 KTM LC4 ENDURO****

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode