Dirty Fun in the City - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 04-11-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Dirty Fun in the City

Took a little ride off the beaten path this afternoon. Posted an urban dual sport thread last summer, here is part deux...

Found a dirt construction road behind Butler University

Rode through the Indianapolis Museum of Art

Explored a construction project around a lake behind the museum, they're building a structure using large gravel encased in wire

Not sure what the white thing in the lake is, looked like a floating shelter of some sort

Ship replica in the background

On top of a retaining dam next to Fall Creek. Several spots around town where you can ride for a mile or two and never know you're in the city

What, doesn't everybody pose their bike in the front yard? Redbud in full bloom, beautiful time of year!

I know the bike still looks clean evidently mud just doesn't stick to it, here's proof I got at least a little dirty today

It was hot this afternoon, wore my new Veloce armored safety jacket over a tshirt and was very comfortable, thanks Michael! Enjoyed walking into the grocery store in full armor carrying my helmet, geez, hasn't anyone ever seen a guy on a dirt bike buying hamburger before?

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Nice pics Scott. Seems the weather has finally broke.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #3 of 6 Old 04-11-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Nice pics Scott. Seems the weather has finally broke.
Hope so, we had to turn on the a/c earlier this week to sleep comfortably, then it frosted a couple of nights later and we had to turn the heat back on.

This was an outstanding weekend though, sunny and warm. Got our yard whipped into shape and still had time for some two wheeled fun!

post #4 of 6 Old 04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
(oYo)

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Man what a great mate a KLR/XR would make for my Wrangler. Thanks for sharing the pics Scott.

post #5 of 6 Old 04-12-2010, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
orange

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000TJ View Post
Man what a great mate a KLR/XR would make for my Wrangler. Thanks for sharing the pics Scott.
You can pick one up cheap TJ, especially an older KLR. I highly recommend getting a dual sport, opens up a whole new world, even just riding around town. I hoped a few curbs and rode places yesterday that I would never have been able to go on a street bike. My XR has quickly become my favorite ride, the rest of the stable is getting jeaous!

Superduke
R1200GS
XR650L
post #6 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Tirone

I have those same knee guards! best 12 bucks ever spent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode