pics of my bike... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
xmatt2strokex

pics of my bike...

the project underway...

This is how it started, how it looked when I bought it from my mom. A '01 sportster 883 that she had kitted up w/the screaming eagle 1200 kit and straight drag pipes.

This is how it looks now, I've changed the bars, the mirrors, installed a hypercharger (that I'm right now taking a break from...modifying), and put the smoke colored lenses on the turn signals:

The hypercharger is desgined to be pulled closed from the vacuum air off the carb, the valves opening the faster you go, causing the rushing air to open them. I'm modifying them so that the throttle actually opens them.

I'm not doing too much more before I leave for Korea (on or around july 17th), but when I get back, the gloves come off. New rear shocks that are higher perfomance and longer, a Mikuni carb, finding someone to fabricate a different style tank (as no one I've found actually makes what I have in mind for harleys), finding someone to fabricate a new rear fender assembly, some nifty lighting, a tachometer set, and a few other things. But I'm pretty happy w/how it's turning out so far.

m.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

It's nice to see we have a diverse selection of bikes here at WristTwisters.
Thanks for sharing.

post #3 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 04:21 PM
xmatt2strokex

Anytime. I just got done modifying the hypercharger, but can't *really* test it out until this blasted rain stops (which doesn't look like THAT'S happening until Wednesday...), but I did pull it outside of the house to rev it up a little and it appears my mod worked. So, I'm pretty stoked about that.

m.

post #4 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 04:44 PM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Sooooooo like anyone thinking you have the baby motor is just gonna be really surprised. I like what you have done with the handlebar and headlight arangement. I think an additional mod down the line would be custom cables and lines. I bet you have given that thought, too, as you were routing the lines.
I like it.

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #5 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 07:48 PM
xmatt2strokex

yeah, I'm probably going to use some braided cables after I get back from korea, I need to put a new clutch cable on definately, as the one that's on there is a LONG one designed for the buckhorns that were on there, so that's why I've got it coiled the way it is.

lol...and yeah, it's pretty funny to pull up next to someone and let them get their little chuckles in...until the light turns green and I'm so far ahead of them that I can't see the chuckles anymore.

I can't wait to get the new carb on there! Trying to find a few other things I can do to up the speed some more.

m.

post #6 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Quitting is for Quitters!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

That's cool looking.

-Mercedes- or you can call me YaYa
post #7 of 13 Old 06-25-2006, 09:19 PM
I am BATMAN!!!

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Restoration Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Nice ride. Looks much better after your mods

post #8 of 13 Old 07-15-2006, 07:17 AM
05FZ1

Lookin' good! I have a real soft spot for sportsters (spent 6 years customizing mine). Have you considered buying your sheet metal from a place like J.P. cycles and saving a lot of money or do you really have an unlimited budget? Some catalog companies have large varieties of tanks and fenders, all of which are MUCH cheaper than custom. (just my two cents)
Good luck with the rest of the project!
Pete

post #9 of 13 Old 09-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Unbannable

I like it. I wouldn't put a new tank, just paint the one you got. I"d look into a more sporty looking seat. That one still reminds me of Zed from Pulp Fiction.

post #10 of 13 Old 11-11-2006, 08:44 PM
xmatt2strokex

Believe me, the seat's going...I just have to either find someone who can make me what I want, or make it myself. A buddy of mine on another forum is doing exactly that w/fiberglass and chickenwire, and I'm holding out to see how it turns out.

Budget is definitely not unlimited, hence the suspension recently of any new additions. Hopefully I'll be able to start back up very soon.

m.

post #11 of 13 Old 08-02-2007, 11:09 PM

I love Sportster chops. I don't like the Hypercharger (to gimmicky) but the 1200 sporty is an awesome project bike. I would either buy a hardtail frame or weld on
section and some spoked rims then use as many stock parts as possible.
Then fab up a few really nice custom pieces yourself.

I think that no matter how many things you bolt on it is still just a stock bike with some boltons. A quality hardtail Sporty frame from Paghco is only about 800$ and it will totally change the feel of the bike. The stock Harly XL parts are really nice on a chopper and very well made anyway. I love the stock mid controls , tank and the stock front end is killer.

Actually I may be wrong about the hypercharger. On a stock bike I don't like it but on a cool hardtail sporty it would be cool.

The best thing about my plan is it is cheap and will be totally your bike not just a stocker with someone else's parts.

Good luck and remember the best bikes are made by creative people not chequebooks.

post #12 of 13 Old 09-06-2007, 03:04 PM
My Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsub View Post

The best thing about my plan is it is cheap and will be totally your bike not just a stocker with someone else's parts.
Except now, it would be your bike, your plan... not his!

Sweet ride man, was thinking about one of those, but I couldn't get the sportbike out of my blood.

post #13 of 13 Old 09-06-2007, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sneaky Steve View Post
I like it. I wouldn't put a new tank, just paint the one you got. I"d look into a more sporty looking seat. That one still reminds me of Zed from Pulp Fiction.
Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode