General Lee Custom - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

General Lee Custom

This is a little something we threw together a couple years ago.

Stock HD motor, six speed transmission, custom paint.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg general lee 014.jpg (103.2 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg general lee 008.jpg (145.4 KB, 53 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Ballaholic

i saw a general lee R6 a while back that was pretty bad ass. i guess the whole concept works better on an american bike though

post #3 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornet919 View Post
i saw a general lee R6 a while back that was pretty bad ass. i guess the whole concept works better on an american bike though
A little history, my wifes grandfather owned the junkyard where the first 5 episodes were shot for the Dukes of Hazzard in Conyers Ga.

She remembers seeing them drive the car up and down the road shoot scenes.

post #4 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Ballaholic

lol thats awesome! the dukes of hazzard is a legend in its own. you southerners got all the good stuff. good weather, good roads, the dukes lol

post #5 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Le So Cal Troll

*cough* still a pos harley *cough*

Well someone had to say it :P

post #6 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 06:45 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post

Only said by people who have never owned or rode one. Ignorance must be a wonderful thing ...

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #7 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:

Have to learn how to respect tham all. It's us against them. We don't turn away anyone at our shop. They have their problems like anyone else.

The one thing I dislike is people being close minded on either side.

I try and educated the HD riders just like the metric riders.

It's funny I get snubbed if I ride my HONDA ST1300 by HD guys and I get snubbed by the metric guys when I ride my Electra Glide.

Dang I can't win for nothing.
post #8 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Here's a little Panhead we built about 3 years ago.

1955 motor, HD rigid frame, 4 speed transmission, kick start, beer keg oil tank, spring front end, custom pipes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Panhead2.jpg (45.5 KB, 69 views)
post #9 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51_CBRXX View Post
Only said by people who have never owned or rode one. Ignorance must be a wonderful thing ...
Went and test road a vrod... bought a VTX1800 for half the price... way more power and torque and a more comfortable ride.... went and test road a buell XB12Scg was SEVERELY let down by its lack of power ... bought a honda 919 for half the price and got a more comfortable better performing ride.

But hey to each his own.... just dont say im ignorant, i respect all motorcycle riders... but the ones who think HD's are better than anything else are by far the most ignorant.

EDIT - My original post was nothing against the bike... i think its pretty sweet, love the general and the dukes.. i was just continuing a tradition of pointing out the POS harleys haha.

post #10 of 40 Old 02-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Pilus Posterior

Nice ride.

Pictures could be improved with a young Catherine Batch look-alike in them!!!!!

Hey I was going to make a Enos joke but thought better of it!

post #11 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 04:55 AM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Brothers View Post
... It's funny I get snubbed if I ride my HONDA ST1300 by HD guys and I get snubbed by the metric guys when I ride my Electra Glide.

I know the feeling. The ST in parted between a Springer and Custom War Eagle in the stable right now ...

Quote:
Went and test road a vrod... bought a VTX1800 for half the price... way more power and torque and a more comfortable ride.... went and test road a buell XB12Scg was SEVERELY let down by its lack of power ... bought a honda 919 for half the price and got a more comfortable better performing ride.

But hey to each his own.... just dont say im ignorant, i respect all motorcycle riders... but the ones who think HD's are better than anything else are by far the most ignorant.

EDIT - My original post was nothing against the bike... i think its pretty sweet, love the general and the dukes.. i was just continuing a tradition of pointing out the POS harleys haha.
You have made the same ignorant remark in more than one thread over the past few weeks. And, now you are attempting to defned yourself with I rode one or two and then bought something better for half the price. Congratulations, you rode a V-Rod and one Buell. Now you are an expert!

The RC is half the price of a 998, therefore, the Duc is a POS in your arguement? I think the Speed Triple is a far superior bike than the 919 for only a few dollars more, but I don't think the 919 is POS ...

post #12 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
I know the feeling. The ST in parted between a Springer and Custom War Eagle in the stable right now ...

You have made the same ignorant remark in more than one thread over the past few weeks. And, now you are attempting to defned yourself with I rode one or two and then bought something better for half the price. Congratulations, you rode a V-Rod and one Buell. Now you are an expert!

The RC is half the price of a 998, therefore, the Duc is a POS in your arguement? I think the Speed Triple is a far superior bike than the 919 for only a few dollars more, but I don't think the 919 is POS ...
i yi yi... dude its called A JOKE! chill out... im not saying that because the vtx and 919 were less than the harley equivalent that they are now better and stems into every other bike comparison... im just saying thats one of the reasons why i bought them less money for a better product... god damn someone must have a harley in their garage and is trying to justify it being there even though it leaks oil all over his perfect garage floor

post #13 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 10:19 AM
Power 2 the pedal

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
i respect all motorcycle riders... i was just continuing a tradition of pointing out the POS harleys haha.
If you truly respected them, you would not have made the comment in the first place. If you want to continue a trend of putting others down for the bike they ride, how do you expect them to ever hold you up if/when the time comes for it?

We've all done it to get a rise or laugh from others but I, for one, am trying to get past all that petty nonsense. We're all riders sharing the same joys of freedom that piloting a motorcycle provides. Scroll to the top of this page and take a gander... That you ride is more important than WHAT you ride.

post #14 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

He pooped on Hondastreetfigh's bike too. Kinda his deal.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #15 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Nice work, I don't think anyone would argue the fact that you did good on that one!

Its a shame when a thread gets hi-jacked and turned into a metric vs. HD debate and at the top of the screen, it says:

"That you ride is more important than what you ride"

post #16 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Le So Cal Troll

you guys have no sense of humor do you?

post #17 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Remember it's us against them!

Wanna see more.

1973 FLH original paint, double white wall tires, just sit back and cruise.

Runs like a top. My brother rode it on two trips last year round trip on each about 800 miles. We call it Barney.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA060005[2].jpg (138.4 KB, 19 views)
post #18 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Le So Cal Troll

now that is an interesting lookin machine haha. Barney suits it well !

post #19 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 10:22 PM
919>food>beer

I want to see more, better, and closer pics of the panhead... that bike looks wicked

post #20 of 40 Old 03-01-2010, 10:38 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
I want to see more, better, and closer pics of the panhead... that bike looks wicked
Try this

YouTube - Panhead
post #21 of 40 Old 03-02-2010, 07:30 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Remember it's us against them!

Wanna see more.

1973 FLH original paint, double white wall tires, just sit back and cruise.

Runs like a top. My brother rode it on two trips last year round trip on each about 800 miles. We call it Barney.
You have my ST in the corner.

We should talk. I've had an interesting project in mind for years now. I want to make a 1940's copy of my modern day Springer, but using new parts from V-Twin or other sources. Same color scheme, look, etc. But, traditional retro look using reliable parts.

A fairly simple project with minimal to no fabrication, more of a fit and build.

post #22 of 40 Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 AM
I WANNA RIDE!

Nice job!
Does it have the Rebel musical horn?!

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #23 of 40 Old 03-02-2010, 08:31 AM
Unbannable

Quote:
Here's a little Panhead we built about 3 years ago.

1955 motor, HD rigid frame, 4 speed transmission, kick start, beer keg oil tank, spring front end, custom pipes.
Someone please tell her she's riding it the wrong way.

post #24 of 40 Old 03-02-2010, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
You have my ST in the corner.

We should talk. I've had an interesting project in mind for years now. I want to make a 1940's copy of my modern day Springer, but using new parts from V-Twin or other sources. Same color scheme, look, etc. But, traditional retro look using reliable parts.

A fairly simple project with minimal to no fabrication, more of a fit and build.
It's all there. Drag just came out with thier old book this year lots of good parts in it also. Real easy to get parts it's just making sure everything fits.

They do it on TV in 30 minutes heck how hard can it be.
post #25 of 40 Old 03-02-2010, 02:49 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
... They do it on TV in 30 minutes heck how hard can it be.
Exactly ...

I've done a few projects with Dee Smith (the original Paulie Jr. from OCC). And, one with WarEagle. You may be familiar with them. Worked with R&R on the first 147ci engine and prior to them H&L.

post #26 of 40 Old 03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Me, I like all motorcycles.......

post #27 of 40 Old 03-03-2010, 05:03 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Exactly ...

I've done a few projects with Dee Smith (the original Paulie Jr. from OCC). And, one with WarEagle. You may be familiar with them. Worked with R&R on the first 147ci engine and prior to them H&L.

I don't know Dee but I know R&R they build some wicked stuff. We have a friend that built a monster last year and sent some thnigs to them. I remember when first come out with that motor. People could not believe that they built one that big.

It's funny I used to sell rollers on ebay when it was hot and the TV thing was jumping. People think heck I can build a bike...duh. It's not hard but you have to have certain things and skills/tools to make it happen.

V-twin has some really good looking OEM style frames. We have a friend that builds some shovel and pan stuff out of those. You almost can't tell the difference except the welds are better.

We may be selling the 01 bike and moving to something else. We already have another set of pan cases and a set of flathead cases. The next one is going to be real cool and different for sure.
post #28 of 40 Old 03-03-2010, 06:20 AM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
... It's funny I used to sell rollers on ebay when it was hot and the TV thing was jumping. People think heck I can build a bike...duh. It's not hard but you have to have certain things and skills/tools to make it happen.
What do you mean? It doesn't just bolt together?

It is funny when every guy that has a socket set thinks they are a builder. I think it is more the male ego or testosterone. I'm feeling a bit more old school and mellow these days. Did the monster engines, 300 back tire, single-side, juice, etc. Almost did a W, but lack of time killed that. Now, I'm heading toward classic panheads and knuckles with modern tech and reliability. Maybe a Ural 2-wheel sidecar. A CBX. Time is a constraint these days, therefore, either I buy something in great shape for a small fortune or build to my specs for not much more.

post #29 of 40 Old 03-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Knucklehead Fabricator

Quote:

It's funny I get snubbed if I ride my HONDA ST1300 by HD guys and I get snubbed by the metric guys when I ride my Electra Glide.

I get no respect from metric or harley riders when Im on my scooter, and I get no respect from scooter riders when Im on my Warrior. I just cant win either.

look at the top of the page...

"wrist Twisters That you ride is more important than what you ride"

nuff said, move along now.

winter sucks.

Opinions are like assholes... and you're an opinion.
post #30 of 40 Old 03-03-2010, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
What do you mean? It doesn't just bolt together?

It is funny when every guy that has a socket set thinks they are a builder. I think it is more the male ego or testosterone. I'm feeling a bit more old school and mellow these days. Did the monster engines, 300 back tire, single-side, juice, etc. Almost did a W, but lack of time killed that. Now, I'm heading toward classic panheads and knuckles with modern tech and reliability. Maybe a Ural 2-wheel sidecar. A CBX. Time is a constraint these days, therefore, either I buy something in great shape for a small fortune or build to my specs for not much more.
Panheads and Flatside shovels are hot. They have been picking up steam.

Knucks are just thru the roof. We were looking for a Knuck for a while but settled on a 1964 Pan almost all original. Has been painted but real original.

We keep an ear out for all of these because they make the most money.. We always buy a good one and sell one thats not so good. Just gotta keep upgrading. Here is a shot of the 1964.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PA060001[1].jpg (128.7 KB, 18 views)
post #31 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 06:27 AM

Awards Showcase

That's beautiful. Hopefully your just doing a decent clean and not a complete resto and polish?

post #32 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 07:46 AM
Brain stolen again?

Quote:
Have to learn how to respect tham all. It's us against them. We don't turn away anyone at our shop. They have their problems like anyone else.

The one thing I dislike is people being close minded on either side.

I try and educated the HD riders just like the metric riders.

Never met a bike I didn't like. Bike rider? Now that's a different story.
I just dig that orange pipe wrap.

I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
post #33 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 03:48 PM

Awards Showcase

Quote:
... It's funny I get snubbed if I ride my HONDA ST1300 by HD guys and I get snubbed by the metric guys when I ride my Electra Glide.

I always find it hilarious when a metric rider removes all their badges, name plates, etc. Why? Be happy with what you have ...

post #34 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Tirone

As a born and raised Southerner, always have a soft spot for the General. As for the backwards you lady, she is probably looking for a vanity mirror. Were in Lawrenceville are you at? I live in Marietta and would like to come by and talk to you about a 84 Shadow I would like to make a project bike.

post #35 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
I always find it hilarious when a metric rider removes all their badges, name plates, etc. Why?

Pretty sure they do it so it looks like a really really quick Harley!

It's a poor mans Screaming Eagle kit - just remove labels and ride.

post #36 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
That's beautiful. Hopefully your just doing a decent clean and not a complete resto and polish?

Heck no leave it the way it is. I'm going to do a Youtube on it soon and post it. I'll let you know when I get it up.

We believe in stock, original and dirty.
post #37 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwm440 View Post
As a born and raised Southerner, always have a soft spot for the General. As for the backwards you lady, she is probably looking for a vanity mirror. Were in Lawrenceville are you at? I live in Marietta and would like to come by and talk to you about a 84 Shadow I would like to make a project bike.

165 Maddox Street

Drop by and check us out. Always working on something.
post #38 of 40 Old 03-04-2010, 08:38 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
I always find it hilarious when a metric rider removes all their badges, name plates, etc. Why? Be happy with what you have ...
i find it hilarious that harley owners have to put the brand name all over everything they own...... including tattooing it on their bodies... the skank that rides on the back of their above said harley... their jacket... their trucks... their cars... coffee cups....

they are keeping that p.o.s company in business just from the merchandising alone.....

what tragic fashion victims.... *(or total leather queens who have not completely come out the closet)....not that there is anything wrong with that...

post #39 of 40 Old 03-05-2010, 05:19 AM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
I removed the badges from my wifes Windstar because it made a huge difference in how it looked.

No more Windstar or model designation on the back, it looks 1000% better.

And I've done the same to many other vehicles, for me, it is not the brand, but the asthetics.

Left them all on the 944, seems like someone actually spend some time making sure they looked right -

On a similar note, it did not used to be totally uncommon to swap badges - GS/KZ1000/1100 and GS/KZ750/650 side cover emblems were many times direct replacements for each other - more than one incredibly quick 750's roaming around in the olden days.

What I really think is fun are the "turbo" and other emblems added to vehicles that are not "turbo" or "R" models, but hey, whatever!

Back on topic, a lot of people used to paint over the Harley emblem, custom personalized paint jobs, back in the day when it was more about the rider than the brand.......

post #40 of 40 Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 AM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 

From the sound of it, the motorcycling brotherhood is divided, broken, and not what it once was.

At least for some.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode