Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Vento? Huh?

3K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  blueblur 
#1 ·
Anyone heard of Vento motorcycles? I haven't heard of them before, but I have a friend who's interested in a low-CC, high MPG, first time ownership motorcycle, and there's one for sale local with the right price.

http://www.vento.com/

Anyone?

#3 ·
Maybe I should have been more specific. The one she's looking at is the Vento Colt. I actually think it looks pretty good for an inexpensive, low powered cruiser, AKA beginner bike. I wouldn't ride it, but then, I'm not a 125 lb girl looking at her first bike :)

#5 ·
No biggy, holmes...I personally think something similar size and older is better for a 1st time vehicle (early 2k Rebel 250 or sumptin'), but my interest got piqued with a brand I've never heard of.

#9 ·
They need to learn a little more English first...

One bike states the braking system is "Disco" the second "disk". Also there is the "lenght" of the bike not "length". And one more before I quit looking is that their engines are not air cooled but "air cooling". Maybe there's one near me causing all of the unseasonably cold air?

#13 ·
dude tell her to run away fast!!! we sold the Vento pit bikes and 100cc atv's in the shop for about 6 months... serious finish issues! i still have a pit bike in my garage that won't run. i've seen their 250 cruisers and they are junk. get her on a rebel 250, a virago 250 or a ninja and she won't think twice. a bit more money but frickin worth it in the long run! trust a dealer on this one
+3 getting replacement parts would have to be a problem! First bike she needs a good experience and having to worry about the bike is not a good experience.

#11 ·
dude tell her to run away fast!!! we sold the Vento pit bikes and 100cc atv's in the shop for about 6 months... serious finish issues! i still have a pit bike in my garage that won't run. i've seen their 250 cruisers and they are junk. get her on a rebel 250, a virago 250 or a ninja and she won't think twice. a bit more money but frickin worth it in the long run! trust a dealer on this one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.