Trailer Rigs... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Trailer Rigs...

We took a road trip, I attempted to talk the SO into a minimalistic luggage 2up MC trip but lost out for the comfort of a rented convertible. On the road, I was surprised how many big MC (GW/HD) are lumbering down the road dragging trailers without wearing protective gear (they packed the kitchen sink!). Several HD rigs woke me up this morning (WARMING UP!) at the hotel. Everyone was disgusted by their parade "Look at Me!" noise, so when they pulled out and invited a wave... no one returned the favor!

Looking forward to a 9er minimalistic trip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Can't say pulling a trailer appeals to me at all. We can pack plenty of clothes on the FJR for a week long trip for two, really what more do you need? Even if you're going cross country you just take stuff that's easy to wash out and rewear it, just like going on an overseas trip.

post #3 of 6 Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Can't say pulling a trailer appeals to me at all. We can pack plenty of clothes on the FJR for a week long trip for two, really what more do you need? Even if you're going cross country you just take stuff that's easy to wash out and rewear it, just like going on an overseas trip.
+1! Exactly! Wear light synthetic cloths you can rinse and twist dry in your hotel's towel.

My 9er has ample storage with saddle bags, givi box and tank bag. I know two Big bikes that did yard sales due to their trailer's detrimental handling and a couple passed!

post #4 of 6 Old 09-30-2009, 09:02 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream View Post
+1! Exactly! Wear light synthetic cloths you can rinse and twist dry in your hotel's towel.
Smartwool socks and Underarmor underwear, the traveler's friends!

post #5 of 6 Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Lovin the Vanilla Ice

I guess it depends on the trip. I met a couple in Mt. Vernon Il two weekends ago on our way to Tennessee on a Goldwing with a trailer. They were on their way home from a Massachusetts -Alaska -Massachusetts trip. They had all kind of gear for every environment and emergency in there, it was unbelievable. The wished they had more room to bring back souvenirs as they had to fed-ex them home.

The bad part is an old neighbor lost his wife in a construction zone when the trailer hit the uneven pavement, swung up and struck her in the back, knocking her off.

Two wheelin for the feelin.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase

This is one of the three HD bastids who woke up the entire motel warming it up!
He spared no expense on his ride... but doesn't do anything for me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode