Sweeeeeeeet rides - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 08-19-2007, 09:09 AM Thread Starter
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

Sweeeeeeeet rides

I love my 9er, but every once in a while I think it might be nice to have a cruiser for more relaxed and comfortable riding. Here's some of my favorites.

A couple weeks ago at bike night here, I met a guy that had just bought a Suzuki Boulevard M109R Limited Edition. The first time that I saw a picture of the M109R, I wasn't that thrilled with the look of it. Whether it was seeing it in person, or whether it's the blue and white paint scheme, but that thing is baaaad a$$. I definitely wouldn't mind riding one. When I looked on the web site and saw that the limited edition was just $13k, I was surprised that it wasn't more. The guy that I met had the wheels powdercoated white, and it looked great. Don't know why Suzi doesn't do that from the factory with that paint scheme.

Yesterday, a motorcycle passed me on the highway, then I ended up riding with him for a while. He was riding a Yamaha Warrior. I actually looked at the midnight edition before buying the 9er, but just couldn't bear to not have the 9er. I hadn't seen one in motion before, and riding with it on the highway, it seemed pretty awesome...good acceleration, at least. I can't say that I love the large exhaust pipe on the right side, but actually seeing it on the road with a human on it, it didn't seem as bad.

Can't talk about cruisers w/o mentioning HD. I personally think that they're overpriced, but apparently they're rather popular I have always really liked the VRSC.

As far as Honda goes, I doubt highly that I'd buy a cruiser from them. They don't really have any models (in my opinion) that are edgy at all. Just all plain Jane.

Anywho, I'm just ramblin.

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

The Harley V-Rod and the Star (Yamaha) Warrior are both pretty sweet, even though the Harley is a bit over priced.

post #3 of 10 Old 08-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Mc 9er

i guess if i had to go cruiser for some silly reason,i think i would get a honda shadow spirit 1100 or for hd it would be the fxstc softtail, kinda similar style,pretty nice lookin bikes. thats just my

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour

post #4 of 10 Old 08-19-2007, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Crotchety Rocket

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald919 View Post
i guess if i had to go cruiser for some silly reason,i think i would get a honda shadow spirit 1100 or for hd it would be the fxstc softtail, kinda similar style,pretty nice lookin bikes. thats just my
That's cool...I guess, if you look at my motorcycle history, I lean towards the different and unique. I was in the Honda dealership looking at CBRs when I saw the 919 and was like "what is THAT?" just because it was different and unique. Same thing goes with cruisers, for me at least. If I'm on a bike, I want it to be different, something that you don't see a lot of. It's like, if every bike you see is the same basic layout and look, I'll pass. If I'm riding something that people stop and say WTF is that?, then I'm happy.

Same goes for my cage, which is a '91 Ford Exploder. People say "WTF, is that thing still running?"

My goal is simple. It is a complete understanding of the universe, why it is as it is and why it exists at all.
- Stephen Hawking
post #5 of 10 Old 08-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Lethal with Whiffle-Bats

Personally,, I'd go back to one of the 750 Magnas, the last style, hopefully since the engine was borrowed from the old VFR, which they stopped making,, and now,, they stopped the magna,, but brought back a better VFR, (V-4) so maybe they will revamp the magna, The thing was probably the best bike I've ever had, as far as comfort, great power band, a very low center of gravity, handled amazingly for a rather heavy bike, a bit more power would be good, along with getting rid of that awful rear drum brake... but loved it

post #6 of 10 Old 08-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I drooled on the warrior until discovering its airhead ruined it... The vstar with its efficient belt would be fun!

post #7 of 10 Old 08-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmelnick View Post
As far as Honda goes, I doubt highly that I'd buy a cruiser from them. They don't really have any models (in my opinion) that are edgy at all. Just all plain Jane.
If I ever had the urge to get a cruiser again, it'd be a late-90's Magna. Most fun power cruiser I've ever owned. I wish I hadn't gotten rid of it.

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #8 of 10 Old 11-04-2007, 07:10 PM

My second bike was a 1998 Honda Magna and my third bike was a 2002 Yamaha Warrior. Both were great bikes in their own right. I always thought of it as comparing a turbocharged import car and a V-8 muscle car. Both can be very fun and very cool and each were about as fast as the other. I have to say that I enjoyed the torque monster a little more though. Plus the Warrior was a little more noticeable, but they were both rarely seen on the road.

post #9 of 10 Old 02-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Discen

What's wrong with the VTXs? There are tons of aftermarket stuff for them, they can look like whatever you want them to.

post #10 of 10 Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 AM
Tirone Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwoso View Post
What's wrong with the VTXs? There are tons of aftermarket stuff for them, they can look like whatever you want them to.
PC3/K&N Dyno tuned Ran94.88 in the 1000'

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode