Back in the Honda fold! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Love my BIG BOY Toys!

Back in the Honda fold!

Well after 9 agonizing months, I'm back in the Holda fold. Sold the Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero with a whopping 994 miles on the clock. Not going to rehash but let say I'm sticking with the "H" manufacturers (Honda or Harley). We looked at the new Road Glide Ultra but I couldn't justify $26k. The RG Ultra is nice and it had the Harley quality but again, I had my eyes on two other Hondas that I've always loved. It was between an 07 Anniversary VFR Interceptor, R/W/B paint, 6k miles, for $6,500. I was close to pulling the trigger but I was thinking about the wife wanting to ride so I looked within 250 miles of the house for Valkyrie Interstates. Well, I came across one actually in the same town where the VFR was, listed on Craigslist. The add was a month and a half old and I thought, this bike will be gone. 2 owner 99 model with... 9k miles. Listed as "pristine" even had the Cobra 6 into. 6 drag pipes. So I send a message and nothing for a day and a half. Again I'm thinking, it's already sold, when I get a reply back that the bike is still for sale. Normal price that I've seen of $8,500. So I call this guy and we talk back and forth, he bought from the orginal owner 3 years ago with 4k miles on it and he's ridden it but he doesn't ride it enough and has too many bikes and has decided this one can go. He's enjoyed it but he's not enough to keep it. I've looked at 3 of these bikes over the past 3 years. Either over priced or POS... So I hook up the enclosed trailer and drive 160 miles to take a look at the V. This guy has 6 other bikes, BMW, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Hondas. Mostly On-off road or Sport Tour models. There under a cover on the Valky. He uncovers her and she's nice! Not perfect, I mean Honda clear coat is thin and she has scratches from cleaning got no deep scratches, dents or broken plastic. He fires her up and let me tell you, if you haven't heard a 6 cylinder Honda with drag pipes, it's awesome. A friend of mine had them on his 98 and I thought that sounds bad a$$. The seller asks if I want to ride and I say...SURE! He hops on the BMW, me on the Valky and we take off, for an hour test ride. Bike runs great, no hickups. We get back, agree on a price, loaded her up and head home. I'm pleased with the lucky find. Wife is very excited, she loves the Valkyrie as much as me and wanted us to find one. Cheaper than new and will give us many miles of service and now I can "sneak" in a VFR for me later.

ForumRunner_20130524_081406.jpg

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero*
2004 Honda 919 *
2005 Harley Davidson Road Glide *
2002 Honda VTX 1800C*

* SOLD *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 06:37 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Congrats!

post #3 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 06:49 AM
just send it.

Garage
Nice find. Those Valkyries are NICE. A guy at work here has one with 60k on it and he loves the crap out of it.

My SO and I saw one for sale at a local dealership and she fell in love with it. We had been having some problems with her Magna so she REALLy wanted to trade in the Magna for the Valkyrie... I was able to talk her out of it... but only because I hate carbs and the Valkyries have 6 carbs (2 more than the Magna). I'm glad I did since the Magna fits her really well and now that we have the carbs sorted out on the Magna it runs like a champ.

Anyways... CONGRATS!

[This space for rent]

post #4 of 5 Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Ian

Welcome back BBB2! You can't go wrong with that big H-6 engine, must be a torque monster.

The R/W/B 25th VFR is on my list as well, fingers crossed you get one someday!

post #5 of 5 Old 06-18-2013, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Love my BIG BOY Toys!

2 1/2 years without an oil change creates a "bonding" experience between oil filter and engine... and a shame to have to change tires with only 3500 mile on them that had been on the bile since 2008. At $380
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130618_052257.jpg (52.7 KB, 25 views)

1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate
2011 Kawasaki Vulcan Vaquero*
2004 Honda 919 *
2005 Harley Davidson Road Glide *
2002 Honda VTX 1800C*

* SOLD *

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode