Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Spotted! 1948 Vincent!

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  rb550four 
#1 ·
I saw this beautiful machine at the coffee shop today, first Vincent I've ever seen in real life. The plate indicated that it's a '48 but my Vincent knowledge isn't so broad that I know thw particular model. If it was restored, it had to have been at least 20 years ago because it had clear signs of use which made it that much better! So if anyone knows what it is do tell because I'm dying to know!

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Very cool. I wonder how many still survive?

#8 ·
Those bikes are really marvelous, Lucky you for being able to spot one like that!

I have a secret fantasy of finding one of those an old barn or a garage sale for cheap someday but I know it will never happen...

#9 ·
A couple of weeks ago I saw a Vincent outside my local Pizza Parlor, It was a heavy rain day, as I was walking in the rider was walking out with his buddy that was on a bmw, I waited to see how this would start in the downpour, and it didn't. I offered up my theater lobby space and a reverse run shopvac (on blow) to dry up his equiptment which by the way is located behind the front wheel just under the front engine mount.... It did eventually dry with the vac and fire up but in the meantime the owner was telling me about the Vincent online club ,in which he is a member , and told me that the club knows where and who owns 85 percent of all Vincents ever produced! The club also has use of a machine shop so at some point when there is a need , they make a bunch of the same parts , stockpile them and sell them to a member when needed. They don't run out of parts! Incredible isn't it!
These riders were cross country riding buddies for the past 50 years, each year they go someplace different. One guy lives in Utah and the other in Hoboken NJ , and the one rider always rides that Vincent. Well , I'm glad I found them ,got an instant education , and met some nice , nice guys and was happy that I could help out.That always feels good.

#10 ·
A couple of weeks ago I saw a Vincent outside my local Pizza Parlor, It was a heavy rain day, as I was walking in the rider was walking out with his buddy that was on a bmw, I waited to see how this would start in the downpour, and it didn't. I offered up my theater lobby space and a reverse run shopvac (on blow) to dry up his equiptment which by the way is located behind the front wheel just under the front engine mount.... It did eventually dry with the vac and fire up but in the meantime the owner was telling me about the Vincent online club ,in which he is a member , and told me that the club knows where and who owns 85 percent of all Vincents ever produced! The club also has use of a machine shop so at some point when there is a need , they make a bunch of the same parts , stockpile them and sell them to a member when needed. They don't run out of parts! Incredible isn't it!
These riders were cross country riding buddies for the past 50 years, each year they go someplace different. One guy lives in Utah and the other in Hoboken NJ , and the one rider always rides that Vincent. Well , I'm glad I found them ,got an instant education , and met some nice , nice guys and was happy that I could help out.That always feels good.
All that time and no pics?!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.