Hooligan - I'm gonna steal your plate! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Hooligan - I'm gonna steal your plate!

75 & sunny today. Perfect! I had an hour to kill before an evening appointment so I fire up the Kwak & head out on my favorite 45 min loop through the sticks. I'm cruising along nicely at about 70-75 & I notice a headlight rapidly approaching from behind. He wings up next to me. It's a bright yellow Suzuki with D&D's and a nice throaty sound so it must've been a TL. Anywho, he gooses it a bit and off we go. Nothing crazy. 85 or so through some nice smooth sweepers but every time I felt I wanted to overtake him, he guns it as if to toy with me. I should've mentioned the rider was just as pretty as the bike. Jacket & helmet nice bright shiny yellow to match the bike, reflective face shield. I'm guessing this guy wanted to go back home to his mom & dad's, fire up the playstation, and brag to his buddies on his headset about how he schooled some twit on an old 80's bike. Welllll, what he did not know is that 1. last time I was out, I made it back on reserve, 2. I am a complete speed freak probably in need of professional help, and 3. not wanting to go out of my way today for pump gas, I filled up from my drum of 100LL avgas (that's 100 octane low lead airplane gas in case you didn't know - I didn't until I bought some) which means one thing,
2ND STAGE! This is a road I know well and as we're coming up on the last curve before a 1.5 mile straight. I go down to third and as we come out of the curve I make like I'm going to overtake him like before and he guns it. I stay part throttle and hang with him to about 115 then I tuck & hit the button. Now I don't know what happened to the guy but I think he must've dropped an anchor or something but I can tell you this: for the first time since I've owned the bike (17 yrs?) I buried the speedo at 160.
Next stop Maxton! http://www.ecta-lsr.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Thanks for the good story. You are wild!
You should go back tomorrow and pick up anything that fell off.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

must have a custom tank cut out for those massive Nuts

post #4 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM

Sounds like fun! Long Live the Turbos!

post #5 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 09:32 PM
Shiraz

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Donation 
Total Awards: 7

I think the gas tanks actually are his nuts. Left is stage one , right is stage two.

post #6 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Corner speed sets u free

Garage

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Awesome story indeed.

My cousin used to drive a '69 camaro (this was in the early 80s). The car was in primer didn't look all that great until you flipped the hood and was blinded by that big block 350 painted and chromed with a Holly 4 barrel and customer headers and no telling what else.

Now there was this one time some poser on one of those new Trans-Ams, you know the one with the big chicken sticker on the hood, was making fun of the old Go-maro. So the banter leads up to a drag challenge. Pat says, "ok you're on, let me get in her and warm her up." He fires it up does a couple low speed passes in the parking lot then rips out a couple smoking donuts... The poser backs down and says. "no way man, i'm not racing that monster."

post #7 of 8 Old 03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Shiraz

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Donation 
Total Awards: 7

Forgot to mention it was a great story after my sarcasm. Thanks for sharing!

post #8 of 8 Old 03-28-2007, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

I was nearly humiliated Sunday when I got my a$$ kicked participating in my first enduro. I guess this was my comeback.
My bike's old and certainly doesn't handle as well as newer bikes but on a scale of 10 it's got a thrill factor of 30. I just love it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode