Fuel pump problem solved - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 09-04-2007, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Fuel pump problem solved

I got reminded of this recently and thought you might find it funny -
When I was 19 & bought my first streetbike (the 750 turbo) it did not run. I didn't know anything & the dealer admitted he'd never worked on one. After 3 months of him not fixing it I took it home & figured out the fuel pump wasn't.
Kaw wanted $400 for a new one (they're over 500 now) and the breakers wanted half that.
I took my bad pump to the auto parts store (Pep Boys), asked the guy if he had anything close to which he scratched his head and said here as he handed me a BorgWarner fuel pump catalog. The first half of the catalog was photo's & part #'s, the second half was part #'s with specs. I'd find a pic that looked close then see if the specs matched what I needed (50psi).
I still have that bike and for the last 17 yrs it's been running just fine on a '79 Cadillac Eldorado fuel pump that cost me a whopping $100 and was made in the good ole USA. Direct bolt in.
I bought one last year for my other bike too. They're still just over a hundred bucks but it looks like they come from China now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-04-2007, 09:58 PM
pew pew pew

better make sure you dont get lead or food poisoning from that new fuel pump from China.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode