Craigslist is Killing Me! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Immune

Craigslist is Killing Me!

I've been looking on CL for a while trying to find a deal on a project bike. Had a few bikes in mind but nothing set in stone. Thinking maybe 70's Honda CB, 80's Interceptor, or some other older bike. I was looking to pick something around $1500 or less. Really just looking for something cheap that struck my fancy that I could tinker with and get running well enough to ride to work and back.

Well I have always really liked the looks of the older BMW's and today I found a 1984 R65, one owner, 18K miles, black in mint condition with no price listed. So I'm thinking how much can I justify spending right now? I think about and decide I can maybe scape up about $2,500 max without having to get a divorce. So I reply to the ad hoping to get a reply back that the guy just wants to see it ridden and he'll let it for $2,000. No such luck, $3,400 firm.

I want this bike in a bad way but can't justify spending the money right now with the economy the way it is. I wish I'd never seen that bike!
Somebody please talk me into selling a kidney or something to buy this bike. This reasonable thinking is out of character for me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Dude..... Priorities in life.
If you have to scrape to get this... then that means you do not have the spare cash for an emergency. Think smart!
Bikes will always be around!

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06
post #3 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaf4iguy View Post
Dude..... Priorities in life.
If you have to scrape to get this... then that means you do not have the spare cash for an emergency. Think smart!
Bikes will always be around!
+1.....

i was gonna suggest male prostitution... but who would pay him....

maybe be a stripper and people will give ya money to put your clothes back on...

post #4 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Immune

Yeah, I don't really need to spend to the money. I only have $2k in my "play money" fund. It stinks that I can't go buy it guilt free.

Oh wait, I forgot about the daughters college fund. Nah, that would be just plain wrong. Maybe next time.

post #5 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

i got a cb450 cafe for sale i would do 1500 for it

post #6 of 9 Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

thats with you paying for me to get it to you, and me spending the night at you house(to ride deals gap on the way home)

well that might be pushing it

post #7 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
Immune

I'm about 3 hours from Deals Gap. I need to get up there and ride it. I've never been through there on a bike. There are just too many good roads between here and there so I can't ever seem to make it that far.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan919 View Post
I'm about 3 hours from Deals Gap. I need to get up there and ride it. I've never been through there on a bike. There are just too many good roads between here and there so I can't ever seem to make it that far.
u suck.

post #9 of 9 Old 06-17-2009, 05:41 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan919 View Post
Yep, loads of good stuff over that way - Keep looking, youll find something - IM just glad yo ustill have a play fund , mine, she is done for a while, or at least untill I move this ZX7 -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode