ZRX 1100 or 1200? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 05-30-2006, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

ZRX 1100 or 1200?

Just curious if anyone owns or has owned one. That bike gave me warm tingles every time I saw it, in grasshopper green with the purple and silver stripes...

But I digress, I just was curious as I was unable to find one since they stopped making em and I never got any personal feedback about the ride because I just don't know anyone who has one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-03-2006, 10:18 PM
jgrhoades

Ortonomics,
I have recently purchased a 2003 Green ZRX1200. My buddy found it on the ZRX owners club site. That bike gave me the same feelings you mentioned and still does after I have put 3500 miles in the saddle. I do proudly own a 2004 919 and still love to ride it. I plan to keep both bikes and use the 919 for scratching and the ZRX for touring or for when I feel like riding an old school rocket ship!

post #3 of 7 Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 AM

zrx's are an awesome drag bike... there used to be a guy at the track every weekend with a bottle fed heavily modified monstrosity of a machine. low 7's all day long... man that thing was SWEET. same lines as my old cb900f supersport. very cool love the style.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

there are a couple differences between the 1100 and 1200r, can't remember the details, swingarm and some other stuff

in a nutshell, the 1100 is the more comfortable out of the box for everyday use...

best bet is to check over on zrxoa.org for the specifics

bottom line, it's a great bike (even considering it's assembled in 90mins at the factory)...

15 seconds from talkin sh!t...
panhandling for gas money to CMP
the Project
H87 No Guts No Glory
post #5 of 7 Old 06-04-2006, 05:20 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Dale Walker gets some big gains out of those bikes with proper jetting and a can.

post #6 of 7 Old 06-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Lumpy

I happen to love my ZRX 1100. I bought it after riding a KZ 1000 for about 2 years, and this thing is a honkin beast. Gobs of torque and fairly comftorable as well.

post #7 of 7 Old 06-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Legatus Legionis

Awards Showcase
Community Leadership Donation Donation Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumpy
I happen to love my ZRX 1100. I bought it after riding a KZ 1000 for about 2 years, and this thing is a honkin beast. Gobs of torque and fairly comftorable as well.
I'm so pissed at myself for not putting the digi. camera in the tank bag last Sunday. There was a 1200ZRex at the local meeting place tricked out to the max. The big ticket items were Ohlins front and rear, Brembo radial brakes, Marchesini wheels, wave rotors, full Ti exhaust. Rough guess would put these and other mods. around 12k. All it takes is $$$$.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode