You meet the nicest people on a Honda - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Honda Addict

You meet the nicest people on a Honda

Yup - it's true.

Of course, I've known this already for lotsa years.

Went riding with my new friends Andy and Linda (on a LARGE Harley cruiser) this morning. Left LR and did a loop thru Conway. Most enjoyable ride.

Came back into town and cruised thru the River Market. There's a March of Dimes biker event going on down there all day and night. As I'm following Andy on his Harley thru the crowd - come to an intersection - and what to I see, but a gleaming red '07 919 waiting to turn. Make the left turn across him and we exchange waves. We parked the bikes and shortly the '07 919 comes riding up and immediately we're talking 9ers. Andy's suddenly at a loss for words because he's a hard core Harley guy.

Turns out to be a really cool guy and we went on an on about how much we love our 919s.

Suffice to say - you meet the nicest people on a Honda. I was wearing one of our WT shirts and encouraged him to check us out and join in the fun.

It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I have found this as well. Not just 9ers but Hondas in general.

post #3 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

hey razor my mary is from rose bud.. up near conway.. she said hi and hope you had a great ride..

post #4 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Honda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by barton664 View Post
hey razor my mary is from rose bud.. up near conway.. she said hi and hope you had a great ride..
Sweet! Tell Mary I said howdy. Been thru Rosebud many times on the way to catch many trout on the Little Red River not far from there. Beautiful area!

The ride was most memorable and had a great time.

Ahhh...

Honda!

post #5 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 PM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

some day Razor

post #6 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

she used to fish there as a kid.. i would love to take my 9er there and run the hills.. we are supposed to fly in for christmas go see my family in louisiana and then her family there in rose bud.. made her a little home sick..lol..

post #7 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Honda Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROKR View Post
some day Razor
I hear ya Red-

Actually, when I saw and met the '07 earlier - at first I thought it was you.

Don't get up round Harrison very often these days. Looking forward to when we can meet and ride!

Fall is my favorite time to ride in AR!

post #8 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Red Rider

I agree, you do meet the nicest people on a Honda!!

I met and took a ride with a local guy last night for the first time! What an awesome individual he turns out to be! Very nice good rider and inteligent as well!! He is a very interesting dude and I look forward to more rides and good times with him in the future!

Pretty funny how I met up with him, he had a seat for sale on eBay since he had just installed a Corbin, I noticed he was listed in my town so I called and spoke with his girlfriend and learned he was in Kuwait on work and after two months of communication we finnaly hooked up and ride!!! Even funnier is that in a town of around 350,000 he lives within like two miles of me!!!!

Anyway, I talked to him about the forum and I believe we now have another 9'er aboard!! Welcome to Mic68 (?)!!

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #9 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 07:40 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

A few days ago I made the trip down to the remains of the Old Sheldon Church built in 1745, it was burned by the British in 1779, rebuilt in 1826, and burned by the US Army in the war of Northern aggression in 1865. I was just about to ride away when this car pulled up and a man came over to me. He just wanted to talk about my 9er and told me he and his wife were into bikes too. Turned out his name was Blackie Collins, the same Blackie Collins who is best known as a knife maker. A real nice fellow, that I was pleased to meet. Just so happens I had my Blackie Collins designed switchblade knife with me that day and he was excited to learn that I carried one of his knifes. He invited me to ride up to his house in North, SC for a visit sometime.
I believe I just might as I am into throwing knives and can always use some personal instruction from a master.

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA
post #10 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked/SS View Post
A few days ago I made the trip down to the remains of the Old Sheldon Church built in 1745, it was burned by the British in 1779, rebuilt in 1826, and burned by the US Army in the war of Northern aggression in 1865. I was just about to ride away when this car pulled up and a man came over to me. He just wanted to talk about my 9er and told me he and his wife were into bikes too. Turned out his name was Blackie Collins, the same Blackie Collins who is best known as a knife maker. A real nice fellow, that I was pleased to meet. Just so happens I had my Blackie Collins designed switchblade knife with me that day and he was excited to learn that I carried one of his knifes. He invited me to ride up to his house in North, SC for a visit sometime.
I believe I just might as I am into throwing knives and can always use some personal instruction from a master.
Very cool i got to admit. and what a small world.

post #11 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody469 View Post
I met and took a ride with a local guy last night for the first time! What an awesome individual he turns out to be! Very nice good rider and inteligent as well!! He is a very interesting dude and I look forward to more rides and good times with him in the future!

Pretty funny how I met up with him, he had a seat for sale on eBay since he had just installed a Corbin, I noticed he was listed in my town so I called and spoke with his girlfriend and learned he was in Kuwait on work and after two months of communication we finnaly hooked up and ride!!! Even funnier is that in a town of around 350,000 he lives within like two miles of me!!!!

Anyway, I talked to him about the forum and I believe we now have another 9'er aboard!! Welcome to Mic68 (?)!!
i see how you are woody

post #12 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Red Rider

Part 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelbiz View Post
i see how you are woody
Ouch!! I suppose I had that coming didn't I? I appologize Bro, meant no disrespect! I was just trying to say a few nice things to a new member here on our board who left again yesterday to go back to Beruit I believe?

Let me back up a tad and say I found myself to be doubly lucky as I found fellow member Nelbiz recently also lives in town and he lives even closer, like 2 blocks away!!!!! We took an excellent ride a few weeks back and most certainly will ride again soon! Nelbiz is also an intelligent and skilled rider who by the way has taken on if you look here on the forum recently, mounting up an Acewell instrument cluster which in my mind is an admirable challenge!!! Now if I could just get all 3 of us together for ride it would be awesome! Anyway, again this just goes to show you that you really do meet the nicest people on Honda's!!!!

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #13 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 08:00 PM
Milites Gregarius

haha, just busting your chops woody, and i will chime in as well woody is a very nice guy and nows his stuff, hope to learn from his years of experience!

post #14 of 20 Old 09-22-2008, 05:25 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

the niceness in here is thick as pea soup

post #15 of 20 Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 AM
The man

I'd have to agree with the thread title. I ride a honda and I think i'm a pretty nice guy.

Joe
07 919
post #16 of 20 Old 09-22-2008, 07:36 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

War of Northern Aggression? You're not still pissed about the time we had to show you ol boys how to shoot are ya?

post #17 of 20 Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 AM
I Love Parallel Twins

I was wondering if anyone would notice the comment about our little tussle back in 1861.

JDubya
Harleyville, South Carolina
USA
post #18 of 20 Old 09-25-2008, 11:02 PM
BrokeRecord

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Redrokr and Razor

I just gotta get back up there. That's 3-4 of us likes Rainbows and goggle eyes on flys and ultra lite rigs.

[
post #19 of 20 Old 09-27-2008, 01:34 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

oh yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerecord View Post
I just gotta get back up there. That's 3-4 of us likes Rainbows and goggle eyes on flys and ultra lite rigs.
oh yeah man, white river is teeming with rainbows, and the lil, and big buffalo have goggle-eye up the wazzu

post #20 of 20 Old 09-27-2008, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Honda Addict

Red, Broke, and Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerecord View Post
+2 on that guys. I went and ripped some lip on the Lil Red a month ago. It was hot as hell but we did pretty good. My favorite time to go is in the fall or winter. The trout are more active then and there's less people. Ultra lite is my weapon of choice but I have a couple of friends wanting to convert me to the fly rig. Maybe - they did out-fish me last time!

My FAVORITE place to trout fish tho is on the White River usually at Allison.

Would be cool if we could somehow manage our own small 919 convention and maybe stay at one of the trout resorts for a weekend.

Barton - whenever you know when you'll be in the area, would like to meet you and Mary.

Would be a challenge, but just maybe all of this proposed plan could coincide.

Hmmm....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode