Wrecked the 9er, time to build it... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Wrecked the 9er, time to build it...

So i've had my 9er for a little less than a month, and had someone stop in my lane instead of the median while trying to cross the road in front of me. I tried to dodge the car, but ended up bouncing off of the bumper and breaking my tibia and fibula. The bike never hit the ground, I just parked it and got off to realize that my leg was broken in half. Then I called 911 on myself as several caged idiots passed by, apparently thinking nothing of the guy laying on the shoulder with the wrecked motorcycle.
The other driver admits fault for the wreck and I'm out of the hospital, but i haven't been able to see my bike since the wreck. I know that there is a cover or two missing on the left side and there was antifreeze everywhere when I wrecked it.
This is my first bike to buy on my own and its been very upsetting knowing that my beautiful, perfect, baby is no longer so perfect... Looks like from here I'll have some time to customize it before I climb on again in 6-8 weeks. So far, I'm looking at a pair of Satos, PC-III, and a fender eliminator/integrated tail light to start things off (obviously once it is back in running condition.) I'll be trying to keep a build thread throughout the next few weeks as everything comes together. I'll start by posting pics of the wrecked bike as soon as I get to see it. Wish me luck...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 09:13 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Ouch! Hope your leg is healing well and good luck putting the 9'er back together.

post #3 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Wow buddy, so sorry to hear about the accident. Don't worry about the bike. Just get you leg better before anything. And be thankful, it could have been so much worse.

There's your plan and then there's God's plan.........
Your's doesn't matter.
post #4 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 09:52 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Heal soon brother. Way to be alert to minimize the damage on yourself!!

post #5 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 10:00 AM
MAM Customs

At least you didn't broadside the car. Sorry about your leg though, I shattered my tibia and broke my fibula in two places playing soccer in May and ended up having nails and a rod put in. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to ride since (I'm still not walking yet) and it looks like I probably have over a month to go. Here's to a speedy recovery and putting the bike back together better than it was before.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. -Frank Sinatra
post #6 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 10:19 AM
When in doubt.....GAS IT!

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Sorry to hear about your accident Austin, here's to a speedy recovery!

On another note, you might have a hard time finding Sato's for the 919 as they have stopped production. It's my understanding that whatever is in the pipeline is all thats left. Leo Vince carbons are very nice, I think thats what I'm going to get.

Good luck!

post #7 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 AM
lusting over something...

hey man... from one bikeless rider to another, I feel your pain. Glad to hear you weren't more seriously injured. get well soon. and if you have the same ambitions as me, eventually I'll have the RC-51 forks up front and a SSSA out back...

post #8 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 12:17 PM

Hope you heal quick. Attitude seems good, which is a great sign. Got a slightly scuffed alternator cover willing to donate to the rebuild.

post #9 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all of your support guys. I'll be back on the bike soon enough I'm sure. I'm searching all over for some Carbon Sato's, but I've also looked into a couple of other brands in case I can't find them. Its all up in the air at the moment and depends more on when I can start working again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishfilet300 View Post
Wow buddy, so sorry to hear about the accident. Don't worry about the bike. Just get you leg better before anything. And be thankful, it could have been so much worse.
I'm focused on the leg first off, but there is no way not to worry about the bike! Also, since the wreck I've decided that I won't be back on the bike without proper boots and jacket at least. Whatever broke my leg sliced through my thick leather boots and my skin, so I feel pretty safe saying that without the boots, I would have lost my foot. Also, if I had gone down, I would have been in much worse shape with the road rash and all.

post #10 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 03:25 PM
9-5-4, 9-2-9, means 9-1-9

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 3

Glad to hear that you weren't any worse off and the driver admitted fault. Hope you heal fast and get to do all the mods you want.

2005 Honda 919
If you bite the hand that feeds you, it won't taste as good as the food you were fed.
PGR #120827

Xbox Live: Nine19CnynCrvr / www.facebook.com/bdong625
post #11 of 11 Old 07-05-2008, 03:43 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Bummer. Glad you're OK for the most part and the bike can be fixed. Here's to a quick recovery!

'02 Honda 919 - She's the only one for me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode