Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Wrecked it.

2K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  chevy5seven 
#1 · (Edited)
:( :(

A 19 year old girl (her birthday none the less) pulled away from a stop sign to the right, realized that she had gone the wrong way, and backed in to me. By that point I had pulled up to the stop. It needs some fixing but it is rideable. She has Farmers insurance. I have already filed the claim. :banghead: It was my girlfriend's second time on the back of the bike. We had just gotten back from the dealership where I bought her a sweet new jacket and gloves. She wasn't to messed up over it.

RC

#2 ·
:( :(

A 19 year old girl (her birthday none the less) pulled away from a stop sign to the right, realized that she had gone the wrong way, and backed in to me. By that point I had puled up to the stop. It needs some fixing but it is rideable. She has Farmers insurance. I have already filed the claim. :banghead: It was my girlfriend's second time on the back of the bike. We had just gotten back from the dealership where I bought her a sweet new jacket and gloves. She wasn't to messed up over it.

RC
AH, DANG!!! Why people do crap like that, is beyond me... glad you're safe!

And even though I work for said insurance crappomy, make sure they pay! :laugh:

#5 ·
I asked my insurance agent at Allstate how he thought it was going to go. He said "Ever heard of farmers insurance sucks dot com?".

I am glad we are OK but it just reminds you how little people pay attention. I mean come on, we were wearing a half a dozen square yards of hi-viz green. If they don't look to go in reverse on a public road they sure aren't looking forwards.

RC

#16 ·
I no longer try to be bright it makes no difference IMO....
Funny, I started thinking that way after being cut off on the Bay Bridge in SF resulting in a totaled bike (and broken toe).

Now I dress in black and ride as though I'm invisible, which I may as well be.

Maybe an app will come out that'll display a motorcyclist and their relative position while near by texting drivers.

#7 ·
SUCKS! Glad you guys came away un-harmed, the bike can be fixed. Hopefully she won't be too scared to get back on. teehee

#20 ·
The GF has a couple of bruises. She wants to ride to our friends' place about an hour away tomorrow. I took the busted up front fender off. It looks kind of cool. I might rock it like that for a while. It really isn't that bad, just a lot of parts scuffed and scratched. Might change some things up on it with the fix money and leave some of the scratch and dent stuff alone.

#24 ·
So how do you guys think it is going to go? All of the parts that are scuffed and scrubbed get replaced right? The rearset is scrubbed, the tank just kissed the cam cover leaving a line on the cam cover and a spot where the paint is broken off, The rear brake lever dug into that aluminum frame part behind it. My Shoei got some scuffs and scratches, going to try to hit em up for a new helmet.

#26 ·
The last time I dropped the bike, anything that touched the ground was replaced, even if only a very minor scratch. And all my gear... Helmet, jacket, knee armour, boots, gloves ect was paid for.The adjuster took all the damaged gear too, I guess so I wouldn't be tempted to reuse it. The carrier was USAA. Demand they pay for everything. If you don't push the issue they will try to lowball you.

#31 ·
Very true...avoid letting them pay you for "cosmetic damage"....
Had a scum bag roll into my three-day-old 06' Tacoma (6 years ago) and put a small dimple in the bumper...The tried to give me $100...TRIED. I got $550 (dimple looks fine some 6 years later).

#27 ·
The helmet will of course be replaced. Anytime gear is involved, it should usually all be replaced.

Of course we are all cheap jacks, too, so we'll try and re-use anything salvageable. :clap:

#29 ·
I just went through this last year. Dealt with Farm Buraeu insurance. They paid for a new helmet, gloves and jacket. Pretty much everything I was wearing. I got the money but ended up keeping the jacket because it wasn't scratched up that bad. They may tell you if they pay you for the items they want you to send them in, but they offered me a price that was about 15 bucks less to keep them, so I did since nothing was completely destroyed, and I got the stuff on sale anyways :).

They should pay for everything that even has the smallest scuff on it. I'm sure you already know this, but take pictures of everything. I took about 100 pics before the ambulance even got there, of my gear too.

#30 ·
How much repair do you guys think this bike will take before it is totaled out? It has 7,500 miles on it. Damned near every part of it has been scuffed or scratched but nothing just jumps out at you (aside from the missing front fender). I have been happily riding since the accident. The repair estimate sits at $3,347.29. :eek: Bout took a dump when they told me.

RC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.