wow.. $$ - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

wow.. $$

I cant see why a speedometer for the 919 could cost $481.00 Omg thats more then the tank for 440.00 i have gone threw all the parts that im gona need to get my bike back to normal.. wow.. Im like stuck with ,do i realy want to spend all the time to fine each part for cheaper or just get it all from one place..

19113-MB1-870 RUBBER $1.90 4 $7.60

33100-MAZ-003 HDLT (12V 60/55W) $148.73 1 $148.73

61301-MCC-010 CASE, HEADLIGHT $47.33 1 $47.33

61311-MCZ-650 STAY, HEADLIGHT $71.33 1 $71.33

61312-MCZ-640 PLATE, R. HEADLIGHT $41.69 1 $41.69

61313-MCZ-640 PLATE, L. HEADLIGHT $41.69 1 $41.69

90113-MM5-000 SCREW, PAN (6X14) $1.78 4 $7.12

90155-MBR-000 BOLT, SOCKET (8X26) $1.38 2 $2.76

37100-MCZ-A10 METER, COMBINATION $481.34 1 $481.34

17500-MCZ-A30ZA TANK, FUEL (TYPE1) $440.12 1 $440.12

61100-MCZ-020ZD FENDER, FR. *R101CU* $58.92 1 $58.92

53100-MCZ-000 HANDLEBAR $70.33 1 $70.33

35200-MCZ-A31 SWITCH, TURN SIGNAL $54.56 1 $54.56

77210-MCZ-A30ZB COWL, RR. (TYPE1) $197.90 1 $197.90

17910-MCZ-000 CABLE A, THROTTLE $16.19 1 $16.19

17920-MCZ-000 CABLE B, THROTTLE $16.19 1 $16.19

22870-MCZ-000 CABLE, CLUTCH $17.03 1 $17.03

Im looking at $1720 with out tax or shiping all ready . let me know if any of these jump out at you as being crazy prices.. i looked around there not bad from what i have seen.. like bike bandit would want 600+ for a speedo.. crazy..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 6

i'd feel negligent if i didn't bring this up...

we know you've been through a helluva time with the wreck and recovering, and am so very pleased you're among us in ever improving health. Your wife mentioned a couple of times that you didn't have medical insurance and are the sole provider for a great family of many. If you're repairing the bike to get it sold and redistribute priorities that's great, ebay is your friend. If not, then I'd encourage you to sit on it a little while longer and be sure you and your family are well protected.

I write this with nothing but the best intentions.

post #3 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

+1

post #4 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblast10 View Post
i'd feel negligent if i didn't bring this up...

we know you've been through a helluva time with the wreck and recovering, and am so very pleased you're among us in ever improving health. Your wife mentioned a couple of times that you didn't have medical insurance and are the sole provider for a great family of many. If you're repairing the bike to get it sold and redistribute priorities that's great, ebay is your friend. If not, then I'd encourage you to sit on it a little while longer and be sure you and your family are well protected.

I write this with nothing but the best intentions.
That being said.. Just let me tell you some good news... medacare that i applied for is paying for the whole thing.. all my med bills and that's close to 250,000 + as fare as my bills go at home. Friends and church's have donated enough money to us that we dont have to worry about any thing. All of our bills have been pain and thousands of dollors are there waiting in acounts for us when we need it.. I give all credit to GOD and the people that helped us.. ................... Now all i want to do is get better ,and start living my life again... And riding is part of my life.. Im in no rush but i am bord so thats why im online looking at parts and chating with you fine fellows.... so if I could have my post be as it is.. and For people to stop fealing sorry for me I would be happer.. Thx...

post #5 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Site Founder

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Trackday Recognition Extraordinary Ride 

Absolutely - that's an excellent update for something that concerned us all, so glad to read it. Rock on.

A quick search on eBay didn't provide anything you're looking for right now. Have you checked www.partsfish.com

disregard partsfish, I couldn't find anything for a 919.

post #6 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 10:59 AM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

I've found RideNow.com to have the best OEM parts prices online, followed by BikeBandit.com. Both have great microfische parts identifiers on their sites.

post #7 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 11:02 AM

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition 
Total Awards: 1

www.ronayers.com is pretty good too. usually 20-25% over cost

post #8 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

used body work will get you going...a tail section will be under $50, a tank...less than half of ron ayers...

there is at least one totalled 919 being parted out now w/ all switches, cables (don't skimp on cables, they are cheap, buy new)...

a number of folks have converted from a bucket headlamp to dual lamps and likely could make you a deal

point being, your cost will be nowhere near $1700

lastly, don't confuse geniune concern w/ feeling sorry for you....and if you want to be treated like normal, then expect to get your freakin bell rung about riding w/o proper ins in the first place...take it w/ due humility and move on, cause boy, u done screwed up and u r gettin a 2nd chance, know that to be true and expect a friendly reminder from time to time...cause apparently u need it and you earned it

hey, fwiw, consider the streetfighter route, no stock clocks, just some digi readout...

post #9 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 12:04 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk919 View Post
That being said.. Just let me tell you some good news... medacare that i applied for is paying for the whole thing.. all my med bills and that's close to 250,000 + as fare as my bills go at home. Friends and church's have donated enough money to us that we dont have to worry about any thing. All of our bills have been pain and thousands of dollors are there waiting in acounts for us when we need it.. I give all credit to GOD and the people that helped us.. ................... Now all i want to do is get better ,and start living my life again... And riding is part of my life.. Im in no rush but i am bord so thats why im online looking at parts and chating with you fine fellows.... so if I could have my post be as it is.. and For people to stop fealing sorry for me I would be happer.. Thx...

It sounds like you're coming out of this terrible accident with the best possible scenario; no medical bills thanks to Medicare, recovering health, and the goodwill of your fellow man supporting you financially. You've been given a second chance, please for the sake of your family do it right this time around and if you ride again, only do so with the proper insurance in place.

You and your wife are obviously very religious. Faith in God can guide your life, but it's your responsibility as a man to to make the right choices for your family. You've chosen to have a very large family, that's your right, but relying on God to bail you out is a risky insurance policy.

I don't mean for my comments to be offensive, everyone on this forum was greatly concerned for you and your family when we heard of your accident. Just sharing my opinion and hoping that it's received with an open mind, along with those comments of all the other well meaning people on this forum.

post #10 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdog View Post

lastly, don't confuse geniune concern w/ feeling sorry for you....and if you want to be treated like normal, then expect to get your freakin bell rung about riding w/o proper ins in the first place...take it w/ due humility and move on, cause boy, u done screwed up and u r gettin a 2nd chance, know that to be true and expect a friendly reminder from time to time...cause apparently u need it and you earned it

hey, fwiw, consider the streetfighter route, no stock clocks, just some digi readout...
LOL.. That's more like it...

post #11 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
It sounds like you're coming out of this terrible accident with the best possible scenario; no medical bills thanks to Medicare, recovering health, and the goodwill of your fellow man supporting you financially. You've been given a second chance, please for the sake of your family do it right this time around and if you ride again, only do so with the proper insurance in place.

You and your wife are obviously very religious. Faith in God can guide your life, but it's your responsibility as a man to to make the right choices for your family. You've chosen to have a very large family, that's your right, but relying on God to bail you out is a risky insurance policy.

I don't mean for my comments to be offensive, everyone on this forum was greatly concerned for you and your family when we heard of your accident. Just sharing my opinion and hoping that it's received with an open mind, along with those comments of all the other well meaning people on this forum.

0o00o0o trust me I will have a new insurance policy on that bike before it hits the road again. And your right in saying we as people should not just say o well God will take care of it for me. I dont believe that its right to put GoD to the test.. I can only say he has allways been there for me when I realy needed it, and for that Im truly greatful.. thx

post #12 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Very glad you are well on the mend. I hope your pain quickly subsides. You've been given a second chance, so make the most of it.

Contrary to your healing, the $250K medicare bailout is not a gift from God. Stating so violates the separation of church and state. Thank your fellow Tax Payer.

post #13 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream247919 View Post
Contrary to your healing, the $250K medicare bailout is not a gift from God. Stating so violates the separation of church and state. Thank your fellow Tax Payer.
LoL ......... Im gona thank Him any way... being they dont usually pay retro .. (from before covrage started) but they did it any way.. But just so I dont leave any one out THX fellow tax payers..

post #14 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Slow=Smooth=Fast

Try http://www.hondapeninsula.com/fiche_select.asp
Some of the best Honda OEM pricing I've found (ie: $444 instead of $481 for speedo).
Best to ya in getting back in the saddle!

post #15 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 02:47 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Glad to find you in good spirits and wanting to get your bike back together. Make SURE all your expenses are covered before you do so. Sounds like you've still got a lot of rehab to go.

Are you going to have to find a new line of work? Job training? I would put that money first, along with the insurance you spoke of.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #16 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
Glad to find you in good spirits and wanting to get your bike back together. Make SURE all your expenses are covered before you do so. Sounds like you've still got a lot of rehab to go.

Are you going to have to find a new line of work? Job training? I would put that money first, along with the insurance you spoke of.
My jobs there if I want it.. by the way I feel now days.. I could allmost walk with out the walker but I dont want to push it to much.. It fealt like I was 400 pounds when i first started walking with the walker but im trying to spend 3-4 hrs a day on my feet.. and im fealing lighter every day say 300 pounds( feal's like) actual weight(205) so in another month I should be doing great..as far as my job goes .. From what my bosses tell me I would have it pretty easy when I come back.. I was more of a supervisor then a worker even when i Did work.I have been with that one company for over 10yrs so .. they kinda love me there..it all depends on my sholder. It kinda pokes out on top when i move it. the joint is messed up not the rotorcup ..(forgive my spelling plz) I just Tape it down and it stays in place dosnt realy hurt to bad. can move it all around..Friends of mine have has simuler probs.. it just looks strange not something that gona stop me from using it...

post #17 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Helping a Member in Need 
Total Awards: 1

http://www.servicehonda.com/

http://www.veypor.com

The internet is such a lovely place to cure boredom!

post #18 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Not Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

http://www.powersedge.net/pages/part...d/7/Honda.aspx

Ya know most of the part pages I have been to ,are such a pain in the a$$ to use other then this one..

post #19 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
Duuuuuuurp.....

When I laid my Shadow down, www.mrcycles.com had some of the cheapest prices I could find.

Spoiler:

Apparently I need to hit a few more states
post #20 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Glad to see your health is improving and your spirits are great! It's good to have something to look forward. Your bike has become the carrot!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #21 of 21 Old 10-10-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
I've found RideNow.com to have the best OEM parts prices online, followed by BikeBandit.com. Both have great microfische parts identifiers on their sites.
+1

and the guys i've dealt with @ RideNow.com have been very helpful.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode