windscreen options - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 05-18-2015, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

windscreen options

Hey guys, just wanted to say that this site is amazing! i had to put some new tires on the 9er and you guys really helped me. anywho, ive been looking for a small windscreen for the hog and wanted to know whats around anymore. i really like the honda oem, but after a few calls and emails it seems thats not really an option. i know of the givi and national cycle stuff, but is there anything else im missing? also, im probably missing it, but are there any how-tos to change the oil in my front forks and how to stiffen them up a bit? im 200lbs and im pretty sure the bike is setup for somone without my love handles. thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 05-18-2015, 07:46 PM
Optio

Garage
That is a whole lot of questions in a small thread . Windscreens: There are a few options. OEM (still available if you search around), Givi (I have the a240 and like it quite a bit), Buell (my next one for grins and looks), National Cycle, ebay... The world of plexiglass is your oyster. As for the forks, I am not sure about that one. I am at 220 at the time and have noticed the same. You can go with race tech springs and call it a day. I am no expert though and will let the others chime in. They know more than me about this one....

post #3 of 8 Old 05-19-2015, 02:12 AM
Left of Centre

Others on here worry about the effect of heavy fork springs, but I'm 85kg in the morning right before a shower [=187lb, no bike gear obviously, coz that'd be weird] and I'm running .95 springs from Traxxion. They have a calculator, see what they recommend...

post #4 of 8 Old 05-19-2015, 03:50 AM
Left of Centre

PS I run an older model Givi screen, an A603 or 4 or such like.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3473.jpg (267.5 KB, 35 views)

post #5 of 8 Old 05-20-2015, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks guys! Sorry for all the questions, I don't post a lot and was trying to knock em all out. I feel like I've searched around a good bit for a oem windshield with no luck, if anyone could shed some light on who's got em; that'd be great. Other than oem, I was looking at the buell and national cycle f16. The buell looks sick but I'm afraid it's not going to do much to keep the wind off my chest. The f16 looks so-so and I've read that doesn't do all that much for wind either, so idk, I'll keep looking.

I'll look into the springs suggestion; I've been pushing the new tires pretty hard and the front doesn't seem to happy under hard braking and cornering. Thanks again!

post #6 of 8 Old 05-20-2015, 05:05 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I found a Givi Windscreen for a Honda 599 (A305) on eBay for $19 and fabbed up some brackets out of plexiglass. Moves the wind up to about shoulder level (I'm 6'3'). Keeps the bugs off the gages too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (81.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (109.1 KB, 22 views)

post #7 of 8 Old 05-20-2015, 06:12 PM
Tirone

There's generally two Buell screens; M2 and Blast. I have the Blast, which is a little longer. It does deflect wind up to around the helmet for me.

post #8 of 8 Old 05-21-2015, 05:33 AM
Immune

I love my National Cycle F-16. It is adjustable, so it all depends on how you set it up. Mine it s little more vertical than most, to make room for electronics and a bus bar behind it, attached to the back of the instrument cluster.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode