Why would someone - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Why would someone

Why would someone pull over another persons bike? Why?!

Last weekend my 919 was parked in my apartment complex and I get back pretty late to it laying over on the right side. No real idea on how long it had been laying there, and I have even less idea who did it or why.

Broke my right bar-end mirror, bent the rear brake lever in a little bit, scratched the case.

Its one of the most pissed off Ive ever been in my life and I couldnt do anything about it. And the worst part about it is, with what little money I do make down here at school, I have to pay to fix it out of my pocket. Maybe it my fault for thinking I could park it in a college town?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 06:39 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Shit happens, even when it's done to you by shitheads. Don't rack your brain.

I ran over some kind of spike in my truck yesterday. It ruined my right front. I got about 5-7,000 miles left on the tires and like you can't afford a pot to piss in. Besides, that money for a new skin was going to my ZX10R that I haven't been able to ride for a month because the tire innards are showing. Now, I gotta buy a fucking truck tire. Shit happens amigo. Let's you and me laugh at it, OK?

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #3 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
Immune

What makes you think that someone intentionally pulled it over? I've had idiots back into the front of my bike while pulling out of their own parking spot and then just drive away. There's all kinds of weird unintentional events that could leave a bike on its side...

Now if it was an intentional knock-down, maybe you pissed someone off while riding, or maybe there is no explanation it was just some dick. People sometimes just do odd things to damage other people's property. In this area, there are periodically teens that drive around in a car with BB guns and blow out a dozen or two (or more) car windows in a night for no obvious reason...

post #4 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 07:43 AM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

I can see why you're so pissed. Since you parked in an apartment complex, it sounds like you probably had your own designated space. If that's the case, someone either pushed it over or maybe hit it with their car pulling into your space.

Take it easy, I'm sure your bike still looks good. Motosliders or crash bars will save the day, bend the brake lever back, and get a new bar end mirror. Replacing the case isn't worth it for a scratch. A loud alarm that trips when someone tilts the bike may help prevent this in the future.

post #5 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Send me a PM and I'll send you my stock brake lever plus one bar end mirror (round knock-offs from China, not crg) for the cost of the shipping.

post #6 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankly View Post
What makes you think that someone intentionally pulled it over? I've had idiots back into the front of my bike while pulling out of their own parking spot and then just drive away. There's all kinds of weird unintentional events that could leave a bike on its side...

Now if it was an intentional knock-down, maybe you pissed someone off while riding, or maybe there is no explanation it was just some dick. People sometimes just do odd things to damage other people's property. In this area, there are periodically teens that drive around in a car with BB guns and blow out a dozen or two (or more) car windows in a night for no obvious reason...
Im pretty sure its intentional because i double park behind my car so I dont take up two spaces, my bike is parked so that it is leaning toward the car and the forks are locked. its so close to my car that theres no way someone hit it with their car.

post #7 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:42 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
Send me a PM and I'll send you my stock brake lever plus one bar end mirror (round knock-offs from China, not crg) for the cost of the shipping.
i really appreciate it man, im gonna try to bend the lever back, and i only have the knockoffs too so theyre not crg expensive. i might just go with one mirror for a little while and put the stock bar-end back on. if something happens with the brake lever i'll PM you.

post #8 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:47 AM
Cornicen

There was a grouchy old woman (I'm going to guess she was close to 70 years old) that worked where I did many years ago, and she was so mad at a motorcycle parked in a close parking place, that she stopped and pushed it over. I bet she didn't weigh 100 lbs...so, it wasn't easy for her to do. She said "motorcycles shouldn't take up the entire parking spaces, especially when they are close to the entrance of the building!". I asked her how many people rode with her in her car to work....of course, the answer was: "just me." I said, "Well...as far as you know, there may have been two people on the motorcycle...and if there were only one person on it, it's the same as you in your car." Didn't faze the old bat...she was that PO'd at the gall of a motorcycle taking up an entire parking space.

So, some people are simply that thoughtless.....

post #9 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:52 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
There was a grouchy old woman (I'm going to guess she was close to 70 years old) that worked where I did many years ago, and she was so mad at a motorcycle parked in a close parking place, that she stopped and pushed it over. I bet she didn't weigh 100 lbs...so, it wasn't easy for her to do. She said "motorcycles shouldn't take up the entire parking spaces, especially when they are close to the entrance of the building!". I asked her how many people rode with her in her car to work....of course, the answer was: "just me." I said, "Well...as far as you know, there may have been two people on the motorcycle...and if there were only one person on it, it's the same as you in your car." Didn't faze the old bat...she was that PO'd at the gall of a motorcycle taking up an entire parking space.

When I get old, I'm going to use age as my excuse...nay, right to be cranky and get my way.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #10 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 09:32 AM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

I would not be surprised if someone tried to mount up, lost their balance, and with the fork being locked over they went. Then they either left or made an attempt to pick it up and couldn't with the front wheel not being straight.

People just don't care about anyone else or their property today.

Just a theory.

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
post #11 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 

Sorry, to hear that. I can say I would feel exactly the same way. Pissed and hell and nothing to do about it.

As for that old bitch in the parking lot, I can say 100% I would've called the police and reported her, about 50% I woulda grabbed the bitch's hair and held her for said police, and 25% she would have drove home that night with no G`damn windows!

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #12 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Bastards!

I completely understand how you feel, as its no different that the time I got back to my car when some form of pond scum key'd my bonnet. It really, really pissed me off. They have no idea who I am, what my circumstances are, how hard or long I saved to work to be able to afford the car, etc., etc. Just pure neanderthal, cave man like mentality. I can handle proper theft, like the time they stole the car radio, I can process that, but pure vandilism, just really gets me worked up.

post #13 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 01:16 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Bastards!

I completely understand how you feel, as its no different that the time I got back to my car when some form of pond scum key'd my bonnet. It really, really pissed me off. They have no idea who I am, what my circumstances are, how hard or long I saved to work to be able to afford the car, etc., etc. Just pure neanderthal, cave man like mentality. I can handle proper theft, like the time they stole the car radio, I can process that, but pure vandilism, just really gets me worked up.
We must be brothers. When I first got married I lived in an apartment complex. Wife's car got broken into and they stole the deck out of it. I took that one in stride.

About a month later I came out of a shopping center to find my bike, which was nowhere near any other vehicle, with a burning cigarette laying on the seat. That pissed me off.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #14 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 01:32 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

There are very few problems in thes world that can't be solved with the judicius application of 168 grains of lead and copper.

post #15 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
There are very few problems in thes world that can't be solved with the judicius application of 168 grains of lead and copper.
i have to say if i actually saw someone tip it over, my remington 870 would be sooooo tempting to grab

post #16 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 02:14 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

There are just too many a$$holes on this earth.

post #17 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Ok.. I admit it. It was me. I just got back.. took longer to get to Virgina and back than I thought it would.

Just trying to cheer ya up. I'd be pissed as fuck myself. I park my shit in an attached garage in a low crime neighborhood and I still check my shit all the time at night.. I'd go nuts leaving it in an apartment complex parking lot. Hard enough to walk into a store or gas station for a few minutes.

I hope you catch the bastard and break his shit! You tell him for me.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #18 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
Ok.. I admit it. It was me. I just got back.. took longer to get to Virgina and back than I thought it would.

Just trying to cheer ya up. I'd be pissed as fuck myself. I park my shit in an attached garage in a low crime neighborhood and I still check my shit all the time at night.. I'd go nuts leaving it in an apartment complex parking lot. Hard enough to walk into a store or gas station for a few minutes.

I hope you catch the bastard and break his shit! You tell him for me.
ok i'll admit you got a laugh out of me. i find myself checking it every like half hour now. oh and if i catch who it is... its over for them

post #19 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 02:54 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Vandalism pisses me off too, WHY?

By the way, if you have the stock levers, you won't be able to bend it back, it will most likely break.

post #20 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 03:12 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T81 View Post
By the way, if you have the stock levers, you won't be able to bend it back, it will most likely break.
Those cast aluminum levers do like to snap in an attempt to bend them back. I have about a 50/50 track record.

If you are gonna try it, remove them from the bike, of course. Then heat the levers up real good.. warm them in an oven or soak in hot water.. don't use a flame.. it's an uneven heating and they might actually break easier while you try and bend as a result. Get them about as hot as you can barely hold them for a few seconds without a burn.. like a hot potato.... 125F to 200ish give or take. You aren't trying to melt them.. just make the metal more friendly to being slowly coerced back into shape. It they are cold.. they will snap right off. Use a vice and blocks of wood. Try to distribute the pressure across the center point of the bend. Once you have them "good enough" stop and live with it. I have found that I always bust them once I try and get them perfect.. they cool down.. I get too aggressive, etc.

Good luck!

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #21 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 04:18 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciarrocc View Post
Why would someone .........

jerk offs, what can I say

post #22 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoCycho View Post
Those cast aluminum levers do like to snap in an attempt to bend them back. I have about a 50/50 track record.

If you are gonna try it, remove them from the bike, of course. Then heat the levers up real good.. warm them in an oven or soak in hot water.. don't use a flame.. it's an uneven heating and they might actually break easier while you try and bend as a result. Get them about as hot as you can barely hold them for a few seconds without a burn.. like a hot potato.... 125F to 200ish give or take. You aren't trying to melt them.. just make the metal more friendly to being slowly coerced back into shape. It they are cold.. they will snap right off. Use a vice and blocks of wood. Try to distribute the pressure across the center point of the bend. Once you have them "good enough" stop and live with it. I have found that I always bust them once I try and get them perfect.. they cool down.. I get too aggressive, etc.

Good luck!
thanks man, i realized that down here i have no tools whatsoever. anybody live around the radford/blacksburg/christiansburg area that has tools?

post #23 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Optio

Quote:
thanks man, i realized that down here i have no tools whatsoever. anybody live around the radford/blacksburg/christiansburg area that has tools?
Dude. Take the free lever and mirror for cost of shipping. USPS priority rate box is what, $5 or $7? Break off the old one and ride with a "shorty" for a couple days and then you'll be good as new. You're making this way too hard.

post #24 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:28 PM
Pilus Posterior

Sorry to hear. Have you asked around the complex? If you are lucky someone saw something and may point you in the right direction for a bit of 'pay-back'.

An 'eye-for-an-eye' when it comes to messing with a mans ride.

post #25 of 48 Old 09-16-2010, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Sorry to hear. Have you asked around the complex? If you are lucky someone saw something and may point you in the right direction for a bit of 'pay-back'.

An 'eye-for-an-eye' when it comes to messing with a mans ride.
yeah i asked everyone ive seen.
hmm eye for an eye, so broken right mirror=broken right hand?

post #26 of 48 Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Quote:
Match .308???????????

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #27 of 48 Old 09-17-2010, 07:17 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Bastards!

like this? lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg daisyromperfront.jpg (129.0 KB, 3 views)

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #28 of 48 Old 09-17-2010, 07:23 AM
yzarc mi os

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post

Why the hell didn't you stop her and call the police. Would have saved a fellow biker a lot of grief.

Quote:
Quote:
i have to say if i actually saw someone tip it over, my remington 870 would be sooooo tempting to grab
I was thinking the same thing MY mossy 500 and a coule boxes of 00 and slugs are right next to it. just what to use couple really big holes or lots of medium sized holes. SCr3ew it I got 8+1 capacity lot a big holes.

Common sense. So rare it's a god damn super power.
post #29 of 48 Old 09-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T81 View Post
Vandalism pisses me off too, WHY?

The stock rear brake lever is chromed steel. Is what not what he said he bent? The lever won't break, the chrome might crack.

post #30 of 48 Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 AM
STR-III

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingston View Post
The stock rear brake lever is chromed steel. Is what not what he said he bent? The lever won't break, the chrome might crack.
Hard chrome that is applied properly will not crack when bent. It will relieve itself by micro-cracking, but it should stay bonded to the base metal. Decorative chrome may be another story, but last time I checked, my lever wasn't shiny like a chrome on nickel job.

Press Any Key To Continue.
post #31 of 48 Old 09-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Bacon-powered

Quote:
My stock levers are not chromed steel. They are aluminum (aluminium). I know because I filed some road rash off mine this weekend and polished it up real good. No way I could have filed steel down that easily.

OH wait a minute. I'm thinking front brake "lever". His "rear" brake pedal got bent. which is steel yeah...should bend back okay...yeah..nevermind...ignore me.

Preschool - Kawasaki 100 enduro
Grade School - Honda CB 125
High School - Honda 400 Hawk
College - Honda VT500 Ascot
Real life - Honda 919
post #32 of 48 Old 09-22-2010, 03:30 PM
919 aka Hornet 900

Quote:
OH shit, reading too fast, thought he said front lever. You can bend back rear lever, done it before.

post #33 of 48 Old 09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

My Springer has a set of forks on it that came off of a 2000 Springer that hit a car.

I took them apart, and using a press and blocks of wood I straightend them out, I can point out the little wrinkles in the crome, but otherwise it is NOT noticable.

Rides OK, just a slight pull to the right, no wobble, but keep a hand on the handle bars and everything is just fine.....I got the forks for free, guy was just throwing them away!

Just thought I would throw in my usless 2 cent worth.

aciarrocc, I hope you get the ride back right!

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #34 of 48 Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMountaintop View Post
My Springer has a set of forks on it that came off of a 2000 Springer that hit a car.

I took them apart, and using a press and blocks of wood I straightend them out, I can point out the little wrinkles in the crome, but otherwise it is NOT noticable.

Rides OK, just a slight pull to the right, no wobble, but keep a hand on the handle bars and everything is just fine.....I got the forks for free, guy was just throwing them away!

Just thought I would throw in my usless 2 cent worth.

aciarrocc, I hope you get the ride back right!

no worries i always like to hear peoples 2 cents.

and thanks to all you guys for all your input i appreciate it

post #35 of 48 Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 PM
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Any recent road conflicts?

post #36 of 48 Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine1nine View Post
Any recent road conflicts?
nope, bikes stayed up recently, though some jerk merged with no signal about 5 feet in front of me on the highway and i put my hand up like what the hell was that and he started yellin and shit like it was my fault

post #37 of 48 Old 09-25-2010, 01:45 PM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

dude, we have the same plate
another WTer has it too, LOL!!!
[IMG][/IMG]

post #38 of 48 Old 09-25-2010, 01:48 PM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

shit thats big, oops

post #39 of 48 Old 09-25-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROKR View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Hell yeah! best plate ever

post #40 of 48 Old 09-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Red Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROKR View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Dude, I'm in your town today... Beautiful area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode