Which is better, Givi or SW-Motech Toprack - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2008, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Which is better, Givi or SW-Motech Toprack

I am planning to buy a Givi topcase (looking at the E370 Monolock) I will need a toprack to mount the case to. I am considering the Givi toprack
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/807/487/
and the SW-Motech toprack
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade...tview/158/197/
Does anybody have any opinions on the differences? I like the looks of the SW-Motech better but I wonder if the Givi would be more solid due to more attachment points. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Tom
Immune

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I have a lot of experience with the GIVI stuff, and no direct experience with the SW-Motech items...although I researched both before going with GIVI.

I think SW-Motech can't beat GIVI for strength...but how strong does the set-up need to be top accomplish what you want? Overall solidness may be a false issue, as the SW-Motech will probably be plenty solid.

Both allow use of side case racks if/when you want/need to go there

Price of the GIVI E370 monolock case with the SW-Motech top rack is very similar to the price of the GIVI box and GIVI FZ256 top rack, so that's not much of a decision-maker.

Some people say they like the SW-Motech racks because they can be attached/removed quickly. I can get all my GIVI racks on or off in less than 15 minutes. When they are on, they stay on for a good length of time. I haven't found a need to switch them on and off multiple times within a short span...so I've learned "easy-on/easy-off'' was a false issue in my case.

If I were you, I think I'd go with the SW-Motech rack(s) because you already prefer that look and you will probably be spending a lot of time with it after your purchase.

Those are all the issues that occur to me...I'd be interested in what your final decision is.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Bitten

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Community Leadership Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Simpson uses the Givi rack on his bike. I think it looks quite nice.
I have no experience with the SW-Motech, so I cannot say one is better than the other, but I will say from a third party point of view, the Givi rig looks good on the 919.

And as mush as I thought I would only use my top box on the Tiger when I needed it... I have found it almost never comes off my bike now. Wind is not an issue, not is weight. And the convinience of fitting 2 helmets in the box is great for a day out.

Virginia Beach Remodeling
Spoiler:
Ride In Peace Marcus Randolph (Kahuna) 12/17/06

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode