What is this part called and where can i get one? - Wrist Twisters
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Makar919's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hemet
Posts: 28
Rep Power: 1
What is this part called and where can i get one?

What is the silver expanding contraption called? where can i get some cheap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mirrors.JPG (49.9 KB, 32 views)

Makar919 is offline  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 6 Old 04-27-2015, 10:59 PM
Community Moderator
g00gl3it's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,622
Rep Power: 1

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

It's a 22mm (standard metric inside handlebar diameter, I believe) expanding collet...

You might have to contact the mirror manufacturer to get one specific for the mirror you are trying to mount.

The different sizes pictured above are probably for different sizes of bars (1" vs 7/8th's(22mm)).

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #3 of 6 Old 04-28-2015, 08:36 AM
SGKukov's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Manchester
Posts: 286
Rep Power: 1
it is a called a gizmo, it goes in the whoozywhatzit, it is torqued down to correct specs using the thingamajig, if you neglect to follow proper installation you will suffer a catastrophic failure of the contraption

SGKukov is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 04-28-2015, 10:57 AM
Riding Naked All The Time
lococnc's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Conroe
Posts: 414
Rep Power: 1
Barkbusters Bar End Mounting Kit 10mm Alloy Insert - RevZilla

Need to figure out what diameter you need inside the bar though...

2004 919 Uranium

lococnc is offline  
post #5 of 6 Old 04-28-2015, 01:07 PM
The Cripple
Pvster's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,772
Rep Power: 1
Any cheap bar end mirror will use that very thing. You can get em at cycle gear, eBay, etc. Might have a few myself. Just an fyi they don't work very well. The rubber ones are much better.

Pvster is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 04-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Test Rider
LDH's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: by the ocean
Posts: 4,456
Rep Power: 1

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

We sell the version made by CRG. They work exceptionally well, sometimes too well

CRG Mirror Mount Kit - you will need one kit per mirror

LDH is offline  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome