What dream may come..... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 12:37 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

What dream may come.....

Did some dreaming today when I was down at the local store picking up some chain lube. The VFR is a DCT with a price tag of US$18K and I don't care what any one says that bike is damn HUGE!!! There was an ST1300 behind it and while it might have been a little longer than the VFR it gave and overall smaller presence. Pictures where taken with an iPhone4 so the quality kind of sucks sorry.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0240.jpg (71.7 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0241.jpg (66.0 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0244.jpg (113.3 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0242.jpg (45.7 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0247.jpg (129.3 KB, 60 views)

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Carp Killer

Don't feel bad. Those bikes are 25% MORE expensive up here.

post #3 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 01:33 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

$18K? The Honda shop in Maysville, KY has one listed at $16. The owner, who I've known as a personal friend for a long time, said he would let it go at cost which is $12,999 and keep the holdback.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #4 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 01:41 PM
Ride Offensively

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Dang that VFR is HUGE looking!

I Can and will ride anything!
Bikes I own:
New addition 1978 CB750Four
2006 919
1994 home built springer
1984 KLR 600
1953 Servi-car (I gotta get this put back together)
1942 WLA (Gotta finish this one as well)
1985 Honda 200M ATC
1985 Honda ATC 70
1997 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4X4 ATV
Early 1984 Ironhead Sporty (Wife has laid claim to this bike)
1986 Sporty that I am putting a ironhead engine into
YEA BIGDAA I Gotta GUN!
It's not that I am punishing YOU, I am just taking YOUR money and giving it to LAZY Asses who refuse to get off the TIT of the Government...Obama to Joe the Plumber
post #5 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
"people know me"

Wow, that's a great deal. Usually there's only about a 10-12% markup on a motorcycle

post #6 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
$18K? The Honda shop in Maysville, KY has one listed at $16. The owner, who I've known as a personal friend for a long time, said he would let it go at cost which is $12,999 and keep the holdback.
You sure that one is a DCT??? Base on a standard is $15999 Base on a DCT is $17499 (Both quoted off of Honda's US website). So my dealer had a $500 mark up on it because the tag said MSRP $17999. Not sure Honda would allow a dealer to sell a DCT at cost so early in the game. Not even the Base model. Dealers have to report what they sold bikes at and how many for logistical purposes. I'm sure if Honda sees that a dealer is already selling them at cost, things won't bode to well for that dealer's future with Honda.

post #7 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

That Speed Triple will haunt my dreams. What a great looking bike all black out like that. Dare I say even better than the Asphalt 919? I like the entire look of the Z1000 to include the exhaust but the covers over the forks can go. I guess if there was an easy way to take them off I would if not than I wouldn't have a problem leaving them on

post #8 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 04:30 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
You sure that one is a DCT??? Base on a standard is $15999 Base on a DCT is $17499 (Both quoted off of Honda's US website). So my dealer had a $500 mark up on it because the tag said MSRP $17999. Not sure Honda would allow a dealer to sell a DCT at cost so early in the game. Not even the Base model. Dealers have to report what they sold bikes at and how many for logistical purposes. I'm sure if Honda sees that a dealer is already selling them at cost, things won't bode to well for that dealer's future with Honda.
I missed the DCT part in the original post, sorry. It wasn't a DCT. But he can sell at cost. He's done it before. He's got four stores so I think he's setting pretty well with Honda. He had #23 of 40 in the country of "Honda" stores. If you've ever seen one, they all look the same. Big box store image.

As long as Honda gets their cost they don't care what the dealer sells it for. The holdback money is the dealers profit if it sells at cost. Years ago I got my Superhawk at cost - holdback.

A little more about the "Honda" stores. He says with his three other stores they usually wait about 30 days for a restock. With his Honda store he has to have one of every make, in every color on the floor. When he sells a bike he gets another one of that color the next business day. Sell a black 1000RR on Monday, get one Tuesday. I'm not sure where they come from but that is quite a feat.

He and his brother own the stores in Maysville, Morehead and Richmond, KY and one in Fairfield, OH.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #9 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaJim View Post
As long as Honda gets their cost they don't care what the dealer sells it for. The holdback money is the dealers profit if it sells at cost. Years ago I got my Superhawk at cost - holdback.
I think its pretty controlled over here. I don't know if its true, just simply relaying what I heard: part of the reason why a dealer around these parts lost his agency to a particular brand, is that he was running his own little specials (lower sticker price) which apparently pissed the other dealers off.

post #10 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 06:15 PM
Pilus Posterior

VFR - huge, weird - I though it was surprisingly small for it's intended purpose - have a sit on it. Remember it is a sport tourer not a trail bike.

post #11 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 06:33 PM
"people know me"

I gotta say the viffer looks a million times better in person, that single sided swingarm makes the wheel look like a giant piece of candy.

post #12 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
I think its pretty controlled over here. I don't know if its true, just simply relaying what I heard: part of the reason why a dealer around these parts lost his agency to a particular brand, is that he was running his own little specials (lower sticker price) which apparently pissed the other dealers off.
BINGO! That's what I have always been told by dealer friends (Read salesmen). I've been told Honda is real particular about its pricing. But these are my friends in the car world (Honda dealership) not the motorcycle world. I'm just not sure how the number one motorcycle manufacture in the world would react to dealers messing with their pricing. But if this owner in KY says he can do it then I say DO IT!!! It only helps us customers out. We are all looking for a deal in this economy and that might be a reason why he can do it.

post #13 of 19 Old 08-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdealdave View Post
I gotta say the viffer looks a million times better in person, that single sided swingarm makes the wheel look like a giant piece of candy.
I agree. Online and pics on forums are not impressive. Under the lights in the showroom and that thing looks sweet.

post #14 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

OH NO!!! Don't get me wrong it was one hell of a BEAUTIFUL Bike, that’s why I took a picture of it. The integration of shaft drive/single side arm is pretty nice. I am just saying she is one hell of a BIG BERTHA!!! However, the fat lady is singing every time you take her out. I walked around a took a long hard look at it from every angle almost knocked the Fury over behind it just to get some really good looks at it and it is a really awesome bike, lots of though and attention to detail went in to it but she is just BIG. I didn’t get to throw a leg over it (reserved for only serious buyers seeing how it was a DCT I was told) but I know it would have been a stretch just to kick that right leg up and over, I’m only 5’8” by the way.

post #15 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Red Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
Pictures where taken with an iPhone4 so the quality kind of sucks sorry.
Dave, why you dissing your iPhone 4? I think they take great pictures compared to my 3G!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #16 of 19 Old 09-01-2010, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Not really dissing the iPhone. We all know cell phones take crappie photos but to call an iPhone a cell phone is a diss. So I had to mention it by name so people would understand it was taken with a shitty camera. And yes the 4's camera is WAY better than my old 3G but still not as good as my 12mp Sony. Before I get flamed for those of you that have not yet had the privilege and owning an iPhone have no idea what it really is capable of. Learn to be a "Power User" on it and it will floor you with what it can do there for I consider it a mobile computer that can make calls as a secondary function. I am NOT an Apple Fan boy either still love my windows vista desktop. A buddy and I traded phones he had an Android and my old 3G. I got to say while it was nice just not as polished as iOS so much so that my buddy switch to AT&T just to get a iPhone 4 he got one before I did. Sorry Rant over

post #17 of 19 Old 09-02-2010, 11:45 AM
The Cripple

interesting post 07919... i have a g1 unlocked and hacked for use on the att network. i love the android system and i feel att is giving android the boot by assigning it some pos crap phone. might consider switching to an iphone 4 if its really that good. i just like having a physical qwerty keyboard so much!

post #18 of 19 Old 09-02-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

LOL thats why my wife wont get one she has the need to feel the keys under her finger tips. She still uses a Blackberry doesn't want to go to Android either. I tend to fat finger alot more on the iPhone but I flip the screen into Landscape mode and it goes away.

post #19 of 19 Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 PM
The Cripple

so tell me dave... how IS the iphone 4?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode