Want to replace my LED brake/turn combo for something safer and brighter. Ideas? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Want to replace my LED brake/turn combo for something safer and brighter. Ideas?

Hey guys, long time no post. Still have the 9nr and not riding it as much. Still looks real pretty though. Back in 04/05 I was big into modding things on my bike. Now with less time I just like the simple fact of clean installs and stock setups. I sold my rear turn signals long ago when I bought the clear alternative brake & turn combo LED's w/ smoke cover. The wife was riding behind me the other day and was unhappy with the lack of noticeable brake lights. I would like to get something super strong and bright , maybe just go back to the stock bulbs with some good turn signals. With the new baby I need to be as safe as I can while riding so time for a upgrade to the clear alternative LED's.

I really like those real bright LED's that I see on some police bikes. The little super bright strobe affect. I had break light blinkers in the past but nothing that came close to the patrol bikes. Any ideas for me? Good strong / bright brake lights and very noticeable turn signals.

Glad to see so many here enjoying their 919's. I still get excited when I see one on the road. Noticed alot more naked bikes around, almost like the new squid bike around here. People riding with their spine protectors in shorts and a t-shirt.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM
The Cripple

jus revert back to the stock bulbs for brakes and use rizomas for turn signals.

post #3 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
jus revert back to the stock bulbs for brakes and use rizomas for turn signals.
stock bulbs for breaks / tail light.... n u can grab some nice LED blinkers on ebay from china for cheap.

And if you want... wire it like i did to where the tail light filiment is always on, but when you turn on the turn signal it blinks with the repective turn signal... simple mod, just uses 2 diodes and some extra wire ran from the front of the bike.

post #4 of 10 Old 07-10-2010, 05:57 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I have the red only LED panel from Clear Alternatives with the stock red lense, brake light modulator from Kissan Tech., along with the turn signal conversion from Electrical Connection and bright LED bulbs in my turn signals. The turn signal conversion kit fits in the OEM turn signals and lights them RED for running and brighter brakes. This, IMO, is the best combination for high visibility from the back.

post #5 of 10 Old 07-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
I have the red only LED panel from Clear Alternatives with the stock red lense, brake light modulator from Kissan Tech., along with the turn signal conversion from Electrical Connection and bright LED bulbs in my turn signals. The turn signal conversion kit fits in the OEM turn signals and lights them RED for running and brighter brakes. This, IMO, is the best combination for high visibility from the back.
how bright / visible is the CA LED only panel compared to the stock bulbs? Have you tried it with the clear lense? I'm curious because I like the instant on/off that LEDs can provide.

post #6 of 10 Old 07-11-2010, 03:09 AM
Pilus Posterior

Have a look at Fly-N-Cycle Motorsports - Motorcycle Parts and Gear Online for turn signals - they have a good selection including LED.

post #7 of 10 Old 07-11-2010, 03:52 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
how bright / visible is the CA LED only panel compared to the stock bulbs? Have you tried it with the clear lense? I'm curious because I like the instant on/off that LEDs can provide.
The difference in brightness is incredible, night & day. The stock bulbs are not very bright on a sunny day. I have not tried it through a clear lense but I'm sure it would be even brighter than through the red lense. Combined with the modulator it is hard to miss.

post #8 of 10 Old 07-11-2010, 04:09 AM
MuscleCar Nut

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

You want safe..... and be noticed..... then this is it.

Hyperlites Flashing LED Motorcycle brake lights, Running Lights and Turn Signal

I have had them on every one of my bikes..... I get tons of great comments on how bright they are....

Troy
67 Pontiac GTO
2003 Triumph Speedmaster
post #9 of 10 Old 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67GTONUT View Post
You want safe..... and be noticed..... then this is it.

Hyperlites Flashing LED Motorcycle brake lights, Running Lights and Turn Signal

I have had them on every one of my bikes..... I get tons of great comments on how bright they are....
Where do you have these mounted? I might wire one into my modulator, they look pretty bright, can't hurt...

post #10 of 10 Old 07-11-2010, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks for all the replies. Good stuff. I will look into those links and get back later when I start replacing stuff. Wish I would have left my bike stock at this point. Factory turn signals are fugly but effective.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode