Want some new brake discs, are these any good for my 919? - Wrist Twisters
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By voodooridr
  • 1 Post By redline919
  • 1 Post By HeliMech

Old 11-26-2015, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Ayatolla of RoknRolla

Garage
Question Want some new brake discs, are these any good for my 919?

Casual rider here, I get the bike out once or twice a week when I'm lucky. The brake rotors on it are mismatched and looking not so great so I want to replace them with new ones and some EBC pads.

I spotted these on ebay. What's your thoughts?

Front Brake Disc Rotors SET FOR Honda CBR600F4I CB900F 919 Wave Rotors | eBay

- 2004 Honda 919
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2015, 12:19 PM
Princeps Prior

Honestly you're better of picking up another used set in good condition with oem pads. As many will tell you , Ebc is garbage and you get what you pay for. If you do choose those rotors buy Honda oem pads. Then you will avoid terrible braking and horrible noise

Old 11-26-2015, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Ayatolla of RoknRolla

Garage
that's the gamble, good used OEM rotors are hard to find here locally. You don't know if they're going to be straight or not.

Old 11-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rch View Post
that's the gamble, good used OEM rotors are hard to find here locally. You don't know if they're going to be straight or not.
You're in NS, talk to helimech. I believe he did the 6 spoke conversion and would have a set sitting around. I'm not sure he'd be willing to sell but it's worth a shot.

Spoiler:

Old 11-26-2015, 07:23 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Widen your search to include CBR600F4i They're the same as the 9er just with aluminum carriers instead of steel
Sc0rch likes this.

Dan
Old 11-27-2015, 06:25 AM
Dead Wrong

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post
Honestly you're better of picking up another used set in good condition with oem pads. As many will tell you , Ebc is garbage and you get what you pay for. If you do choose those rotors buy Honda oem pads. Then you will avoid terrible braking and horrible noise
Its not even EBC. Chinese... Dont buy...

Dead wrong
Old 11-27-2015, 08:25 AM
Princeps Prior

Not sure how much shipping would be. http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...383571&alt=web
Sc0rch likes this.

Old 11-27-2015, 03:03 PM
Ian

I currently don't have any 919 rotors in the parts hoarde. I would check with Barry @ RPM cycle or keep an eye on Kijiji for used F4/F4i rotors.

Quick question .... how bad are your stock rotors? I wonder if during the previous owners accident or the rebuild something was assembled a little bit off? Just an idea to look into before dumping $$$ into replacements.
Sc0rch likes this.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Ayatolla of RoknRolla

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMech View Post
I currently don't have any 919 rotors in the parts hoarde. I would check with Barry @ RPM cycle or keep an eye on Kijiji for used F4/F4i rotors.

Quick question .... how bad are your stock rotors? I wonder if during the previous owners accident or the rebuild something was assembled a little bit off? Just an idea to look into before dumping $$$ into replacements.
One rotor seems fine, the other however has a deep gouge on one side and not very smooth on the other. But the rotors are two completely different rotors as well. Sometimes there's chatter up front when braking, but not too bad. I'd feel better with a better set of discs on it next season. So busy with work now I might have to pull the battery out and put her up for the winter. Rest of the bike works great.

- 2004 Honda 919
Old 11-29-2015, 07:22 AM
Ian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rch View Post
One rotor seems fine, the other however has a deep gouge on one side and not very smooth on the other. But the rotors are two completely different rotors as well. Sometimes there's chatter up front when braking, but not too bad. I'd feel better with a better set of discs on it next season. So busy with work now I might have to pull the battery out and put her up for the winter. Rest of the bike works great.
It's odd to have a mismatched set of rotors on the bike. I was checking your pics in your intro thread and it looks like you have a stock rotor on the L/H side and a aftermarket rotor on the R/H side.

I would park it for the winter and keep an eye out for a set of used OEM rotors. Maybe toss up a WTB add in the classifieds here on WT as well.

Old 11-29-2015, 08:05 AM Thread Starter
Ayatolla of RoknRolla

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliMech View Post
It's odd to have a mismatched set of rotors on the bike. I was checking your pics in your intro thread and it looks like you have a stock rotor on the L/H side and a aftermarket rotor on the R/H side.

I would park it for the winter and keep an eye out for a set of used OEM rotors. Maybe toss up a WTB add in the classifieds here on WT as well.
yep, that's the first thing I'm switching out for next season for my own peace of mind, along with a new set of pads

- 2004 Honda 919
Old 12-01-2015, 10:37 PM
The Cripple

+1, OEM just seems to do really well.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:05 AM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Does anyone know what the rotor thickness should be on a new set of OEMs? About to get some used ones and wondering just how used they are...

Old 02-18-2016, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Ayatolla of RoknRolla

Garage
a member here sent me an excellent set of used OEMs during the holidays. Looking forward to getting them on.

HeliMech, could you PM me any info about the accident with this bike? All I know or heard, it was a front ender. forks were replaced with a set of 2003 forks because there is no adjustments on top of them. I bought it with a "rebuilt" title on the papers.

- 2004 Honda 919
Old 02-18-2016, 03:31 AM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazaev View Post
Does anyone know what the rotor thickness should be on a new set of OEMs? About to get some used ones and wondering just how used they are...
The minimum thickness is stamped on the rotor .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in