Want 2007 919 used seat - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By BlakJak
  • 1 Post By BlakJak

post #1 of 23 Old 05-23-2016, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
. . .

Want 2007 919 used seat

I'm looking for a seat for my 2007 919. The Bike Bandit part number is "Honda SEAT ASSY., DOUBLE Part # 77200-MCZ-D10". BUT... I'm going to rebuild the seat completely and only need the plastic frame. I rebuilt my present seat and would like to play with another one. I don't want to spend a couple of hundred dollars for a good seat, when all I want is the frame. It doesn't have to have an ounce of foam on it. I haven't had any luck tracking one down on salvage sites. Anyone have any leads?

I don't ride to get somewhere.
I ride to go somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 05-23-2016, 07:21 PM
RIDE RED

https://www.ebay.com/itm/131811903489

All I could find for you brother

post #3 of 23 Old 05-23-2016, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
. . .

Yeah, I found that one. Bike Bandit has a discount sale for two days that would let me buy a new one for less that the ebay one. I just hesitate shelling out that kind of money when I'm sure that out there somewhere, there is a guy who wrecked his 919 and will sell the seat, or a salvage yard that has one they haven't sold because the padding is all gone.

I ride to go somewhere.
post #4 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Aquilifer

Buy the new seat and swap with someone here that has a ripped seat with some cash going your way. Or someone with a ripped seat buy new and sell their old seat to you.

A little bit of trouble but at least two people would benefit. Just a thought.

post #5 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 03:02 PM Thread Starter
. . .

Or even cheaper, maybe someone with a torn up seat would like the ebay one listed above with the small tear. They could buy the ebay and sell me their bad one.

I ride to go somewhere.
post #6 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 04:08 PM
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I have 2 seats.
1 with a small tear (2 hook model). And 1 in great shape (4 hook model).
The better one, I want the Spencer mod.
The other.... it would be mine until the Spencer mod was completed and free to anyone afterwards.

Here my problem. Spencer no longer ships to or from Canada.

Find a solution and the "not so good seat" is yours.

Arte et Marte
post #7 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariannasdaddy View Post
I have 2 seats.
1 with a small tear (2 hook model). And 1 in great shape (4 hook model).
The better one, I want the Spencer mod.
The other.... it would be mine until the Spencer mod was completed and free to anyone afterwards.

Here my problem. Spencer no longer ships to or from Canada.

Find a solution and the "not so good seat" is yours.
I think Steve bought Spencers

post #8 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 06:10 PM
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post

I think Steve bought Spencers
Oh no! Not Steve again!

Arte et Marte
post #9 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
. . .

I'm not forum savy enough to know who Steve is, but figure there is a good story behind the "Not Steve again." If you find a solution to getting your seat rebuilt by Spencers, I'm definitely interested in buying your other seat.

I have one other point of confusion, though. You say 2 hook model and 4 hook model. I'm guessing you mean the hooks that fold out to use with cargo nets. Is that right? If so, my 2007 seat has four hooks. What model has two? Since you are using both, does that mean there are no differences between the seats other than that?

I ride to go somewhere.
post #10 of 23 Old 05-24-2016, 09:46 PM
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakJak View Post
I'm not forum savy enough to know who Steve is, but figure there is a good story behind the "Not Steve again." If you find a solution to getting your seat rebuilt by Spencers, I'm definitely interested in buying your other seat.

I have one other point of confusion, though. You say 2 hook model and 4 hook model. I'm guessing you mean the hooks that fold out to use with cargo nets. Is that right? If so, my 2007 seat has four hooks. What model has two? Since you are using both, does that mean there are no differences between the seats other than that?
As for the Spencer mod... I have no options other that me shipping my seat stateside to someone on the forum. They would be able to relay the shipping from there to Spencer and then ship back to me.
So let's say, I ship my seat to you. You ship to and from spencer. Then ship the completed seat back to me. When I receive my modded seat, I then ship my other seat to you for free. Perhaps some shared shipping costs....

As far as I know, 02 - 04 models only had 2 hooks. That's the only difference. I got the other a while back with hopes of modifying myself.... didn't pan out. Lol

And as for Steve.... some arse on the site here that pissed just everyone off and got the boot a couple of times. He gone now.....

Arte et Marte
post #11 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Zman

Garage
I would help you get the seat to spencer.
I would like to add I have a corbin seat with red stitching I will be putting on Ebay Soon.
I've shipped to him before and it was 30 or 40 bucks for a two pc seat at the time.
If any of this help you hit me up.

post #12 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
. . .

ariannasdaddy,

Sorry I haven't responded quickly. I've been out of commission for a week. I've thought about the prospect of you shipping me your seat, me shipping it to Spencer, them shipping it back to me, me shipping it back to you and then you shipping the other seat to me (did I get all of that right? I got dizzy in there somewhere.) The problem I haven't solved is that it is much like buying something on eBay without any guarantee. No matter what configuration we come up with, one or both of us are vulnerable.

Bad Scenario 1: You ship it to me. I keep it and you never hear from me again.
Bad Scenario 2: You ship it to me. I ship to Spencer. They ship it back. I like it. I keep it and you never hear from me again.
Bad Scenario 3: You ship it to me. I ship to Spencer. They ship it back. I ship it to you, having paid for shipping to Spencer and then to you. And you never send me anything and I never hear from you again.
Bad Scenario 4: You ship it to me. I ship to Spencer. They ship it back. I ship it to you, having paid for shipping to Spencer and then to you. And you ship me a seat that isn't what you say it is that I can't use it.
Bad Scenario 5: You ship me both seats (possibly saving some shipping cost). I ship your seat to Spencer. They ship it back. I now have two seats and you never hear from me again.

See what I'm getting at here? From my angle, the safest way would be the last one where you ship both seats and I keep one and send the other through Spencers and back to me and then back to you. That second seat being something of a hedge against not getting money for shipping. (I don't know what is involved in shipping things across the Canadian border.) But that option leaves you totally vulnerable to a guy in Texas who is nothing more than a name on a message board.

Not knowing any details about what all that shipping would cost, it just gets difficult to commit to doing something that if everyone was a good guy, could benefit us both, but if they weren't would hurt at least one of us.

It would be so much easier if you lived in a foreign country that was closer, like Oklahoma.

I ride to go somewhere.
post #13 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 06:46 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Hey AD, shoot me a PM, I'll be more than happy to help you with the seat. I don't need your extra either, feel free to sell it.

post #14 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
. . .

RMB, thanks. That takes some pressure off of me.

I ride to go somewhere.
post #15 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 06:58 PM
The Cripple

I'll buy the extra stock seat.

post #16 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 08:44 PM
Milites Gregarius

I have a spare seat off my 2006. A previous owner had it over stuffed with gel padding, looks like a 70s era seat with no differentiation between rider and passenger areas. I bought a salvage seat off ebay and sent it to Sargent for the premium upgrade. I've been holding on to the over stuffed seat to ensure I like the Sargent seat. I have about 1500 miles on the Sargent and so far I like it better than the other seat. The seat is in perfect condition and has 4 hooks but its not in the original configuration. Perfect for someone that likes their crotch plastered against the tank or for a rework. I'll try to get some photos in the morning.

post #17 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
. . .

Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. I'm going to rebuild it from the shell up. I'll be looking forward to your photos and what $ you will need.
ray.beard likes this.

I ride to go somewhere.
post #18 of 23 Old 06-01-2016, 11:35 PM
Centurion

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
I'll buy the extra stock seat.

In the fall if that works for you.

Arte et Marte
post #19 of 23 Old 06-02-2016, 03:23 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakJak View Post
RMB, thanks. That takes some pressure off of me.
Welcome. When do you want to have your seat done?

post #20 of 23 Old 06-02-2016, 05:42 AM
Milites Gregarius

post #21 of 23 Old 06-02-2016, 08:47 PM Thread Starter
. . .

ray.beard,

What price are you thinking about on the seat?

I ride to go somewhere.
post #22 of 23 Old 06-03-2016, 03:35 AM
Milites Gregarius

I'm thinking $100 plus shipping for my seat.

post #23 of 23 Old 06-14-2016, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
. . .

I just wanted to follow up on my search for a seat. Ray.beard sold me a great seat for a great price. It was a pleasure dealing with him. Now all I have to do is some playing and some praying that I can make some magic by resculpting the seat into something else. If I am happy with the final product, I'll put a couple of photos up. But, it may be a couple of months before that happens. Here's a photo of my bike with the current seat that I rebuilt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.JPG (214.7 KB, 20 views)
CKutz_GO likes this.

I ride to go somewhere.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode