Vibranator Install with Barend Mirrors - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 08-29-2010, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Naked bikes = Perma-grin

Vibranator Install with Barend Mirrors

Got the Vibranators installed. Major improvement, alot less vibration, its not all gone, I can feel it change at different RPms. Mirrors are now clear. Can see what's following back there. I will report when I take a road trip.

Had a couple people ask me about it, so here is how I did my install.

Here's my Renthal street fighter bar with Renthal bar ends and Trackside mirror.

Stock Vibranators

Stock Trackside bar end mirror end (top).
Ordered a 8MMx1.25x60MM long flat hex head stainless steel faster through Fastenal(bottom). No one else stocked any 8MM this long. The stock fasteners are 45MM long and don't thread through far enough to fasten the to the Vibranator.

I liked the Renthal barend look, but they use a 6MM bolt which won't adapt to the Vibrantors.

Here's the Trackside end with longer 8mm fastener and Vibrinator. Installed into bars, rode it around. Definite reduction in vibes, but wasn't real happy with the way they tightened into the bars. Didn't seem like they squared/centered properly. Wasn't sure that the Vibranator was bumping up against the bar. So I took them out and did a little revising.

Removed the Trackside wedge and installed the Vibranator rubber snubber piece. This tightens better, and also seems to Isolate the vibes even better.

Here's the finished product. We'll see what the final verdict is after a 100 miles trip.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-29-2010, 09:33 PM
Cornicen

One other possibility, which I used on an XR650L with handguards that I wanted to use the Original mounting fasteners....I shoved the Vibranators in far enough that I could use those original fasteners....so, they didn't actually have any contact with the handguards. They worked fabulously.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode