Tires - Again - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Naked in Cheese Land

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Tires - Again

Alright guys - I have looked everywhere else to get this information, cause i know what a stir this question always creates, but....

DUAL COMPOUND TIRES -

It's time again for tires. having gotten only about 3k miles out of the Pirelli Corse III's on the 919.

I have friends who have gone to the Bridgestone BT021 and report over 6k miles. I don't know, every time i leave Pirelli, i always come back.

I know we all ride different (i probably need to engine break less for the sake of tread life) but i want to know who's getting the most out of what tires.

Anyone have the Pirelli Rosso's yet?
how disappointed will i be going from Diablo's to Strata's?
Should i take the leap to the BT 021's?

Let the Posts begin!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

well not sure on best tires to get have not gone through to many brands yet but here is what i do know.
1 stock tires (bridgestones) 4k miles with rear cord showing
2 avon sport venom i beleive 4k front tire 2k both rear tires slips with out warning in corners wet or dry. dont do it.
3 conti road attacks. dunno how long they last got 2k on em look brand new. front tire will loft b4 rear will slide (so far)

post #3 of 7 Old 07-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration Outstanding Restoration 
Total Awards: 5

oh yea contis feel really good to

post #4 of 7 Old 07-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Tirone

I run powers front/rear, no complaints. Have about 3k on them with plenty left on them.

T

post #5 of 7 Old 07-14-2008, 07:47 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dcycle View Post
3 conti road attacks. dunno how long they last got 2k on em look brand new. front tire will loft b4 rear will slide (so far)
I have 6,000 miles on my Conti Road Attacks and they still have about 50% tread left, have been outstanding tires.

post #6 of 7 Old 07-14-2008, 10:05 PM
Discen

you mentioned strada, so i will mention z6.... metzeler has their new version coming out also, so maybe can find them on the cheap(the old ones). I know I will be keeping an eye out. I have 1700 miles on mine, and about 1500 of that is highway commuting. barely even looking flat spot in the back, front perfectly round. I have a friend runs the strada on the bandit 1200 and gets 7k, he said he is near 6k on the z6's probably get 8 or 9k. but his is all curves, no interstate.

i never had a traction problem with the z6's, even have some laps on the dragon on these sets.

post #7 of 7 Old 07-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Discen

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

I have the Avon Storm ST's & love them. I haven't had any traction issues. Got about 6k on both. Front looks great, rear will have to go soon about 1k or so.

2006 919 (Sold)
2011 Cb1000r

"oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good." - Cage The Elephant

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode