Thoughts - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Thoughts

The past few weeks have been pretty interesting motorcycle wise. I almost bought a Ducati M1100, but at the last minute decided to stick with the 9'er and throw a solid $2,000 into her out of the almost $13,000 I would've paid for the Ducati.

I think I made the right choice. The 9'er is my second bike, my first being a SV650, and the 9'er has a natural fit and feel for me. Its the kind of bike that has potential to tear up the streets of any town, or just provide for a very exciting trip to the grocery store. I have to say though, sitting on the Ducati has an almost orgasmic feel to it, and the exhaust note is very close to total audible nirvana.

But, anyway, I need to replace the tank on the 9'er. Anybody selling one, or know where to get one cheap? I was looking at PartsPitStop and they seem to be the lowest price around, but I think they get you on the shipping. Any advice??

-Zane

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
rider

there's a tank on e-bay right now. slightly damaged but looks like an easy fix. i speak from experience, mine was damaged in the same spot and you could never tell.

post #3 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Tonight we ride

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 2

I have a very slightly damaged green tank I'd sell you cheap. There was a loose bolt stuck in the gas line, and it caused a bit of vacuum deformation of the tank. A simple air blow to restore the shape and repaint would be an easy fix.

post #4 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

S10 - The Ebay Tank looks good, but what about that rust on the inside? Is that easy to take care of?

Nemo - How much would you want for it? Do you have any pics?

I love how this forum helps out like that. Thanks a lot, guys.

post #5 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Hola Como Estas?

Ebay is the way to go, I had to replace the tank due to the first owner. Congrats on your purchase and welcome aboard.

post #6 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Ramrod - Thanks man, happy to be here!

I have another question for the oh-so-wise-9'er-wizards of the forum! Who knows where I could find some new wheels? I like the stocks, but they need a little...something. I was thinking, if not replacing the wheels, how about painting? Has anyone done it? Is it worth it?

post #7 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Mc 9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
Ebay is the way to go, I had to replace the tank due to the first owner. Congrats on your purchase and welcome aboard.
i would go with nemos tank,we know the inside is clean(don't know how long the e-bay one has been sittin).
also she could use the help gettin back on 2 wheels. just my

c 9er
silver,the fasted colour
post #8 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 02:24 PM

If all else fails

Hi guys, I have a candy red tank with a small dent on top where a hekmet dropped on it. Air pressure might just pop it out. Other than that it is in perfect condition, inside too. I can take a picture if anyone wants. Make offer if interested. Thanks

post #9 of 9 Old 11-04-2008, 02:29 PM
US Army

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

if you're thinking about painting look into getting your wheels powder coated. there are lots of colors available and it's very durable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode