The paradox of 919 footpegs. - Wrist Twisters
 2Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2010, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
The paradox of 919 footpegs.

Seemingly, when I sit on the 919 the footpegs feel relatively high.

Comparing to my past VFR and Hayabusa.

However, it was impossible for me to ever touch the footpegs on my VFR down. The Busa I'd drag the engine covers before touching the footpegs down.

However on the 919 it "easy" to touch pegs.

How can that be? ( High feeling pegs touch down early compared to lower feeling pegs never touching down. )

curiousmike is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-27-2010, 04:42 PM
CG
 
catonsvilleguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Catonsville, MD
Posts: 593
Rep Power: 1
 
It's all relative. The VFR is probably narrower. Sam height from the ground but farther out to the sides touches down at a lesser lean angle. I'm guessing maybe everything was higher on the Busa, seat & foot pegs?

catonsvilleguy is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
The 919 feels like the seat height is pretty short -- so did the Busa.
Maybe the 919 has a slightly shorter seat height. I dunno.

At a standstill, the 919 gives the impression ( to me ) of tons of cornering clearance.
Probably exaggerated by the undertail exhaust.

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
I have never scraped the pegs on the 9'ner. I have about 5-10mm of chicken strips left on my rear tyre. I have picked up that for street riding, this should be the case?? Anyway, should you not be leaning off and trying to keep the bike as upright as possible? (I'm not talking GP style angle of leaning here, (scraping elbows) as most of us don't have GP quality roads and gear).

Farab is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:17 PM
Optio
 
touring919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 917
Rep Power: 1
 
Maybe the 919 is just very stable so its easy to lean it over to the point where the pegs touch down.
They also have big long curb feelers on them. take those off and its much harder to touch the pegs down.

Never reallly looked at a vfr to know the relative differences. Same goes for a busa.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
touring919 is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
So far, I'm not sure it's outright lean angle that's causing me to nick the footpegs.
More like lean angle + bump while heeled over.

I tend to hang off ( for a street rider ) a moderate amount.

touring919, in terms of stable + easy -- you might be right. I'm having a lot of fun hustling the bike and maybe I'm just not aware of my lean angle output.

It's really easy to use power on this bike, which may cause tire wear issues down the road.

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Anyway, should you not be leaning off and trying to keep the bike as upright as possible?
Yes, absolutely. But if you're hustling, you're bound to lean the bike over.
Mix a nice bump ( or 3 ) midcorner, and you'lre losing clearance.

Chicken-strips schmicken strips. On the street I don't think (lack of) means much.

I've been unbelievably humbled in the past few years by riders on VSTROMS and F800GS's with knobbies who absolutely haul ass and use a minimum of lean.

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:05 PM
Philanthropist
 
Dave W.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 742
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Can I ask why you went from a buss to a 919?

Dave W. is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
My actual progression was (this decade):
Hayabusa
Bandit 1200
ZX10R
919

I loved the Busa. Hindsight being what it is, I mighta-shoulda stuck with it.
After throwing Buell footpegs, Heli Bar and Bar Risers, I just couldn't feel right on it.

The Bandit was great. If I had put some suspension upgrades on it, it mighta stuck. It just missed out on being a good back-road burner for me.

The 2005 ZX10R. At some point in my life I was going to own a liter-bike. The Ninja was aw3some. But it was too much for a street bike for me. Light, good chasis and oh-my-god thrust. But it was harsh on my back road. My "road" is tight and bumpy and you rarely get out of 3rd-4th gear for 50 miles. The Ninja needed to stretch her legs.

After adding up what I wanted in a next bike, I sorta wanted to blend some of the best of the Blandit ( ergo's ) with a bit more sporty punch.
The normal Z1000, FZ1, 919 debate ensued and I just thought the 919 would meet my expectations of a poor-mans sport-feign-motard-upright.

So far, I'm digging it.

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 09:30 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,490
Rep Power: 1
 
I took the spacers off the curb feelers. Cut the bolts off 1/4 inch reinstalled. That helped. I got knee sliders, and pretty much cured that. On the track, the shortened curb feelers still touch down, but that's ok. That's about as far as I want to lean it over anyway.

Sniper is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 09:43 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
both my peg feelers are pretty ground down... like you i find it easy to make a touch down even if im hanging off the bike... not hangin off much in this pic, the peg is starting to fold, but i have been off further and hit the peg on the ground.


nd4spdbh is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
That's an awesome photo!

You are really heeled over... phew!

Does anything touch down after the pegs? If it's just the pegs folding up... that's OK.

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
I've not touched my pegs - I wizz along at a reasonable pace, but it is on public roads, blind corners etc etc so any quicker and you've not left any escape margin.

Personally I don't bother hanging off - save that shit for the racetrack. If you are traveling fast enough to need to hang off on a public road I figure you are going too fast.

Plus I really like the neutral handling of the 919 and tossing it from side to side without hanging off is easy. Even better with ultra lows

AllanB is offline  
Old 06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousmike View Post
That's an awesome photo!

You are really heeled over... phew!

Does anything touch down after the pegs? If it's just the pegs folding up... that's OK.
ya i got really lucky one day when a photographer wanted to mess with some settings on his camera and needed someone to shoot, i happily obliged.

As far as other things touching down... i dont kno... when a peg touches the ground i usually will lean further off the bike so i can 1 keep the same line or bring the bike up some.. or widen my turn a bit so it never really folds up too far.

nd4spdbh is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:09 AM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
both my peg feelers are pretty ground down... like you i find it easy to make a touch down even if im hanging off the bike... not hangin off much in this pic, the peg is starting to fold, but i have been off further and hit the peg on the ground.
Awesome pic. That said, I am by no means a expert/racer, etc. and I really don't wish to come across as a party pooper or a "holier than thou" asshole, but from the mentoring I have received from a few good racers and riders, is that it seems that you are leaning the bike more than yourself. From what I understand it should be the other way around. Your head should be "kissing" your mirror (with your inner elbow bent or pointing towards the ground). It seems as though your body is crossed back ; your lower body is leaning into the corner and your torso and head is leaning back towards the opposite direction. I used to/have the same problem and am actively working to correct this. Maybe some experts can chime in here, not to critisize, but add constructive advice. After all, one of the reasons we are on forums like this is to learn from each other in a friendly and constructive fashion.

Farab is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:20 AM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
I've not touched my pegs - I wizz along at a reasonable pace, but it is on public roads, blind corners etc etc so any quicker and you've not left any escape margin.

Personally I don't bother hanging off - save that shit for the racetrack. If you are traveling fast enough to need to hang off on a public road I figure you are going too fast.

Plus I really like the neutral handling of the 919 and tossing it from side to side without hanging off is easy. Even better with ultra lows
This is exactly what I was trying to say in my initial post in this thread. From what I can gather, you need to have at least 5 to 10mm chicken strips LEFT OVER on your rear tyre, otherwise you are leaving no margin for error on public roads. I have no interest in chicken strips (or lack of) as bragging rights at the latte shop, but rather as an indication of what is happening during the ride.

Farab is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 03:28 AM
h8tenhogs
 
dukeriley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: north tonawanda ny
Posts: 215
Rep Power: 1
 
i am hearing what you guys are saying about chicken strips..If i go anyfurther down the tread pattern i am out of tire..dunlops 616.I do not ever touch the pegs.?????? just waiting to go down...someday.. i got a quater inch of strip left...i live in the gravel capital of the world...the great lakes region...three to four times last week my back end slides around on the gravel.i am wondering if it is the profile of my tire as to the reason there is no footpeg dragging going on over hear. scraped a toe yesterday... scarey fold a toe back

dukeriley is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 05:19 AM
Tirone
 
redrider22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 73
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeriley View Post
i am hearing what you guys are saying about chicken strips..If i go anyfurther down the tread pattern i am out of tire..dunlops 616.I do not ever touch the pegs.?????? just waiting to go down...someday.. i got a quater inch of strip left...i live in the gravel capital of the world...the great lakes region...three to four times last week my back end slides around on the gravel.i am wondering if it is the profile of my tire as to the reason there is no footpeg dragging going on over hear. scraped a toe yesterday... scarey fold a toe back


+1. I scraped toe on my way to work last week. I have used all rubber on the rear tire, and never a peg on the ground. Dunlop Roadsmarts here.photo.jpg

redrider22 is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Awesome pic. That said, I am by no means a expert/racer, etc. and I really don't wish to come across as a party pooper or a "holier than thou" asshole, but from the mentoring I have received from a few good racers and riders, is that it seems that you are leaning the bike more than yourself. From what I understand it should be the other way around. Your head should be "kissing" your mirror (with your inner elbow bent or pointing towards the ground). It seems as though your body is crossed back ; your lower body is leaning into the corner and your torso and head is leaning back towards the opposite direction. I used to/have the same problem and am actively working to correct this. Maybe some experts can chime in here, not to critisize, but add constructive advice. After all, one of the reasons we are on forums like this is to learn from each other in a friendly and constructive fashion.
ya that was early on, i have now become more comfortable with gettin more of my body off the bike, but still catch myself not gettin the top half off as far as the bottom, its kinda hard with the stock bars as the outside arm needs to be almost full extension to do so.

nd4spdbh is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
ya that was early on, i have now become more comfortable with gettin more of my body off the bike, but still catch myself not gettin the top half off as far as the bottom, its kinda hard with the stock bars as the outside arm needs to be almost full extension to do so.
Stock bars are also too high, for my personal taste anyway. Look into getting a Renthal Ultra Low bar.

Farab is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Stock bars are also too high, for my personal taste anyway. Look into getting a Renthal Ultra Low bar.
i like the higher position... more natural as i have and still ride dirbikes for the past 11yrs or so. i HATE the hunched over crotch rocket feeling.

I am still in the quest to try and drag a peg on my CRF250X... full race dirbike suspension, knobbie tires and a super narrow frame.... i have gotten close but DAMN the bike has to be leaned over WAY far.

nd4spdbh is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:00 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
i like the higher position... more natural as i have and still ride dirbikes for the past 11yrs or so. i HATE the hunched over crotch rocket feeling.

I am still in the quest to try and drag a peg on my CRF250X... full race dirbike suspension, knobbie tires and a super narrow frame.... i have gotten close but DAMN the bike has to be leaned over WAY far.
I think you need to get yourself a motard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg supermotard-lowest-lean-angle-motard.jpg (77.7 KB, 40 views)

Farab is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Le So Cal Troll
 
nd4spdbh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,766
Rep Power: 1
 
ya i have seen that pic before.... thats just insane.... theres one vid on youtube where the dude is dragging knee and elbow on a kawi 450 motard.

nd4spdbh is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:30 PM
h8tenhogs
 
dukeriley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: north tonawanda ny
Posts: 215
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider22 View Post
+1. I scraped toe on my way to work last week. I have used all rubber on the rear tire, and never a peg on the ground. Dunlop Roadsmarts here.Attachment 14523
nice scuff mark..cant tell you how many times i did that.it never gets less scarier..aint go no moto boots.So i gots to know whos dragging pegs.. ?#1what tires are you running if you are dragging pegs.??????#2. Have the rear sets been changed.How low does the bike sit at rest if the rear shock has been adjusted from stock.Mind you mine is an 02.Love haveing the first year bike.hate it that the bugs were not worked out.

dukeriley is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeriley View Post
nice scuff mark..cant tell you how many times i did that.it never gets less scarier..aint go no moto boots.
Do you ride with the ball of your foot on the pegs?

Farab is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 PM
h8tenhogs
 
dukeriley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: north tonawanda ny
Posts: 215
Rep Power: 1
 
the answer to that would be my feet are all over the place.just like my brain. thats why i get my feet scuffed going around corners

dukeriley is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 07:15 PM
INFIDEL
 
Rob919's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,313
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
I've not touched my pegs - I wizz along at a reasonable pace, but it is on public roads, blind corners etc etc so any quicker and you've not left any escape margin.

Personally I don't bother hanging off - save that shit for the racetrack. If you are traveling fast enough to need to hang off on a public road I figure you are going too fast.

Plus I really like the neutral handling of the 919 and tossing it from side to side without hanging off is easy. Even better with ultra lows
I agree that hanging off, for the most part, is not all that neccessary on public streets. But it does help if you're going at a pretty brisk pace through some twisties. It still comes down to the fact that hanging off lessens lean angle, which is always a good thing... especially on the 919. How much you hang off should be relative to your speed and the curve, but the 919 peg feelers touch down pretty early, and if you're at least a little bit off the saddle (let's say 3" to 1 butt cheek off), while dropping your head into the turn, it'll still keep that 919 more upright than if you chose not to hang off at all.

I have no idea how fast I was going in this turn, but I was going pretty quick, and yet my pegs never touched the ground (those are not stock pegs though, as they are beveled up on the underside). Stock peg feelers probably would have scraped on several turns at this track):

Rob919 is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
The other unwritten possibility is suspension.

I'm running stock fork springs and stock rear shock.

Doubtful the stock rear would cause grief, but I go ... ~215 in gear, so I'm sure I'm loading up the front end which isn't helping cornering clearance.

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 PM
919>food>beer
 
Jeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: o-town, FL
Posts: 1,151
Rep Power: 1
 
no peg draggin in this one...



or this one


Jeef is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
My favorite cornering picture - smoking the rear with a knee down and a thumbs up!!!!! I'd be happy if I had half that talent.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corner.jpg (70.8 KB, 46 views)

AllanB is offline  
Old 06-28-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
curiousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fremont, Ca
Posts: 1,264
Rep Power: 1
 
Nice photos' Jeef... you're looking pro!

I know I have to work more on getting my upper-body out in a corner.

Street shot, not particularly cranked over but shows that i'm too "inline"


This Busa shot shows my "Doohan-twist"

curiousmike is offline  
Old 06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Hastatus Posterior
 
Farab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Auckland, NZ
Posts: 1,453
Rep Power: 1
 
Nice pics guys, keep em coming!

Farab is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 02:12 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
Sniper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,490
Rep Power: 1
 
Jeef, are you running stock pegs in those pics? Are they aftermarket rear sets?

That bottom pic the bike looks leaned way over.

At Putnam, I used to get the peg with the shortened feeler, my toe and knee, all down at once. Never once got a pic of it.

Rob, you have great form.

Sniper is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:06 AM
Optio
 
touring919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: OH
Posts: 917
Rep Power: 1
 
Take the silly feelers off. With no feelers at all the pegs are still the 1st thing to hit. It just occures at a much bigger lean angle. Don't know about those with center stands. I'd be cautious if I had a center stand. Once thosse are off you're knee can touch down easily before the pegs do. Assuming "proper" form while riding.

For sure the suspension effects it. The 919 is relativly soft. So it pushes down more in the corner giving less clearance. An after market setup, depending one owner preferences, could have the bike riding higher therefore givving more lean angle.

02 919 (RIP)
07 600RR
07 CRF450X
81 XS850
09 Versys
touring919 is offline  
Old 06-30-2010, 04:22 PM
919>food>beer
 
Jeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: o-town, FL
Posts: 1,151
Rep Power: 1
 
they aren't rear sets, but they are not stock pegs they are competition werks pegs and here is a some what decent pic of them

Jeef is offline  
Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM
INFIDEL
 
Rob919's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,313
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
they aren't rear sets, but they are not stock pegs they are competition werks pegs and here is a some what decent pic of them
I'm nor sure what brand pegs I have on mine, but they're very much similar to yours.

Rob919 is offline  
Old 07-02-2010, 10:32 PM
Old, Bold rider
 
robtharalson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 2,330
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

No worries with a center stand. Trust me on this -- it doesn't have to go around a low mounted exhaust, so will not drag in a corner. Period.

The pegs on the 919 are about ideally placed for long term comfort and canyon carving. That is as long as you "hang off" (in quotes because I do hang off in corners, but not very much) -- very rarely do they touch down. Oh, and the feelers never made it out of the dealership parking lot when I picked it up. Well, actually they did. In my pocket.

Mine is an '02, the rear preload is full soft, and I wish it could go further.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------
robtharalson is online now  
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
INFIDEL
 
Rob919's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,313
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtharalson View Post
No worries with a center stand. Trust me on this -- it doesn't have to go around a low mounted exhaust, so will not drag in a corner. Period.

The pegs on the 919 are about ideally placed for long term comfort and canyon carving. That is as long as you "hang off" (in quotes because I do hang off in corners, but not very much) -- very rarely do they touch down. Oh, and the feelers never made it out of the dealership parking lot when I picked it up. Well, actually they did. In my pocket.

Mine is an '02, the rear preload is full soft, and I wish it could go further.

Rob
BTW Rob, those are your Thar-Bars Protoype I'm using in that pic! In a perfect (for me) position for track-days, too (20 mins. sessions at a time, that is). When back to the streets, I just bring them back up!

Rob919 is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 06:27 AM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
..... the peg feelers on the 9'er lasted a day for me.... also --- whenever I feel the need to reduce lean angle, I hang off.....

I can't even begin to count the number of low sides I've seen by people running off the sides of their tires by not getting off the seat.


See the difference? The top shot is putting it all on trust with the tires (which is fine if you have the sticky tire up to temp to hold it) and the bottom is by leaning off a little farther to push the bike away....reducing leaning angle. The top shot is with sticky track-day tires.... the bottom shot is with sport-touring radials. The bottom shot, I HAD to lean off because of the less sticky tire. BTW --- in the pic below.... I could have had WAY better form --- hunched more over, upper body more to the right kissing the mirror.

BTW --- the bike in question below.....is a KTM 625 SMC supermoto.



arctic954 is offline  
Old 07-03-2010, 06:41 AM
Princeps Prior
 
arctic954's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 1,816
Rep Power: 1
 
Heres one of my favorite pics.....


arctic954 is offline  
 

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Thread Tools



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome