TANK PROTECTORS - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

TANK PROTECTORS

PLEASE forgive me if this has been beat to death but i can't find where to get these stick ons ? ,see pic ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 919.jpg (206.2 KB, 98 views)

2003 MATTE BLACK 919,POWDER COATED MUFFLER SHEILDS,BAFFLES REMOVED,GIVI 755 WIND SCREEN
BOUGHT 9/9/2008 395 MILES ,2ND BIKE 1983 V65
ROCK HILL, SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 09:47 AM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 
Total Awards: 2

Scott. . .help him out. . .

post #3 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 01:12 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

I want those but in clear since I have a silver bike

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #4 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I used tank slapper brand clear film.

Got it here Tank Slapper

Ive had it on about a year and it still looks good. Cant really even tell its there unless you look close

post #5 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 05:05 PM
I had a H-D

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I got mine here:

http://www.techspec-usa.com/

post #6 of 13 Old 11-24-2008, 07:20 PM

Awards Showcase
Donation 

A bit pricey, but I like the removability (is that a word) of their tank protectors. www.mag-knight.com

post #7 of 13 Old 11-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Tirone is the Cool Dude

I own a mag-knight and while it is removable I have never gotten it to fit to my satisfaction. No matter what you do it never lines up 100% or has small gaps. If you look at their site there is a picture of one on a 919 and I can see the sloppy fit on that one as well. Needs Work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam919 View Post
A bit pricey, but I like the removability (is that a word) of their tank protectors. www.mag-knight.com

post #8 of 13 Old 11-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Sheepdog

I've been using clear vinyl cling material that is used by scrapbookers. It works great, has no adhesive at all, but is not only easily removeable, but doesn't come off in the wind, conforms pretty well to curves, and works over and over (I pull it off when I wash and wax the bike, and then clean it and put it back on.) It is almost invisible on the tank. The best part is, you can get several 8-1/2 X 11" size sheets for a couple of dollars on eBay and cut it to whatever shape(s) you want with scizzors. The scrapbookers use it for mounting "unmounted" rubber stamps to acrylic handles. I like this better than anything else I've tried, as I didn't want adhesive on my tank, and wanted it to be fairly unobtrusive to the look of the bike. This stuff also works good to protect your paint from saddlebag straps, bungees, etc. Here's an example on eBay.

When seconds count, the police are only minutes away! Support Concealed Carry & the Right to Keep and Bear Arms!
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams
post #9 of 13 Old 11-25-2008, 11:14 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Thanks Timmy, I was about ready to buy one.

post #10 of 13 Old 11-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Al

I am going to be looking hard for a tank cover as over the weekend I collected about 5 more little chips in my paintwork on the tank. With all the dabs of black and clear touchups it's beginning to look like a teenagers zitty face... As for my knee, it collected the biggest stone of all, right on the side of the knee cap and it hurt like hell, leaving a small bruise, even with leathers on but at least I heel up all by myself and for free too...

post #11 of 13 Old 11-26-2008, 12:59 AM
new 919 pilot

hmmm...I was looking at tech spec's website and I like the snake grip over the fusion griptape looking one. They have another grip called "ice" but I don't know, the website's not clear about it. I might have to get the "make your own" kit at the bottom of the honda section its cheaper too. would black or clear be better on a candy red 919? Anyone have pics? ...ceebee, I picked up a bee on my throttle hand on the highway and it stung me before I could shake it off, then let go of the throttle to remove the throbbing stinger, then resumed riding at 45mph. Imagine if that sucker got stuck in the helmet. Maybe it was a hornet?

post #12 of 13 Old 11-26-2008, 02:09 PM
Shoot to stop

I emailed Tech Spec and if you can send them a pattern of what you want, they'll cut it for you for something like $49. I'm thinking about doing that for my 919 just so the cuts will look better than my hack job would end up being.

2003 Honda 919 - flapper mod, Clear Alternatives Smoke Tailight w/ integral turn signals, Stebel Nautilus air horn, DIY fender eliminator, LED license plate bolts, LED front turn signals, no resistor or new flasher so I blink like crazy.
post #13 of 13 Old 11-28-2008, 11:49 PM
bike n00b

I went with the "full kit" from here their shipping was god-awful slow, but the product is great. Installation was a breeze (I am used to applying this kind of film to SMALL gadgets, so large areas with little to no curvature is easy). It is invisible unless you're looking for it, and provides a little bit more grip when squeezing the tank. I like that they include protection for pretty much all the forward-facing painted surfaces: sides and back of tank, front and both sides of the the front fender, tops of the tail section, and head light (pretty much anything a rock will chip when driving). I do wish there was more complete coverage for the tank though, since I am sloppy when I fill up. Also, I ended up using the headlight piece just above the center tank piece for a little added help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode