Tail tidy on the cheap - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Tail tidy on the cheap

I was looking at the "tail tidy for $5.00" method of cleaning up the (what my friend dubbed) Christmas Tree posing as a rear fender. I liked the simplicity of it, but I wasn't thrilled about having to use integrated brake/turn lights.

So, I started looking at modifying it to include a mounting point for some lower profile turn signals.

Once I had the rear fender off I decided to try something a little different and I liked the way it turned out. Looking at the fender, I thought I could use the "tower" that the plate light is mounted on as a mount point for my turn signals.

I used a dremel with a cutting disc to trim down the fender so that it as the corners come around to the front it cuts straight across, then redrilled new mounting holes for the license plate bracket (measure 6 times etc, etc).

Then drilled holes in the center mass of each side of the trapezoid shape that is the side of the "tower" and mounted a couple of turn lights with a small horizontal profile, but decent height so they are nice and visible.

Here are a couple of bad photos (was raining and used my cell phone for a camera).

Is it just me, or do those turn signals look a little uneven in that first photo? They do NOT look that way on the bike! Believe me I have checked those suckers with a good level and by eye several times and everything looks all lined up and square.

Total cost $15.99 for the new turn lights (well, I didn't have a cutting disc for my dremel so I bought an ez-snap adapter and 5 discs for like $9.99)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM
Le So Cal Troll

jezus wtf did you use to take those pictures.... chalk?

nice setup... similar to mine.

https://wristtwisters.com/naked-bikes...liminator.html

post #3 of 7 Old 05-28-2010, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

yah i know - need to take some new ones - i downloaded a new camera program onto my phone because of the features it had and it turns out to take the worst pictures since cave drawings.

I will take some more tomorrow with the default program and repost

post #4 of 7 Old 05-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Pilus Posterior

Man, I looked at the photos and dusted off my platforms, flares, disco ball and started shaking it.

post #5 of 7 Old 05-29-2010, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

alright - let's see how the new photos look

little better - took, edited, and uploaded all from the phone - technology is cool when it works eh?

post #6 of 7 Old 05-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Tirone

1st two pics made me have an acid flashback......third made me so dizzy i puked, now....what was it you wanted? a tiddy or titty or??&*?

post #7 of 7 Old 05-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingfast View Post
1st two pics made me have an acid flashback......third made me so dizzy i puked, now....what was it you wanted? a tiddy or titty or??&*?
What you say?

Have some acid and look at titty photos? You may even see some tidy tail .......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode