Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

stinkin weather!

2K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  FloridaMountaintop 
#1 ·
As the month draws to an end i've only ridden my 919 a total of 3 times this months and maybe 150 miles total! Last year i covered nearly 15,000 miles between my 2 bikes( well 3 since i'm on my 2nd 919). I keep a log of when I ride, miles, destination and even last JAn i did 875 miles; however, between the freakin cold,snow, ice we have had this month I have been limited. I have gerbings heated vest,gloves and wear winter riding pants but when the temp drops to 30 or below ,with a 10+mph wind, I don't ride as its a bit too cold for me. Its these times that makes me want to move my family down south:rolleyes:as i watch the rolex 24hrs of Daytona race and temps are in the 60's

#2 ·
At least you've ridden it three times this month! I've been on mine once in the last THREE months. I don't have any heated gear, just go with the heavy insulated winter gloves, coat, pants, boots, and many layers underneath, but I really don't find any joy in riding when it's cold.

10 degrees and snowing here this morning, stinkin weather indeed!

#3 ·
I feel your pain dougie. I have only been out 3 times as well this month. Better than December, only once. We got an early snow in the first week of Dec. and it is taking forever to melt. Each time I go out it takes me about 10 minutes to get to the end of my street because it is covered with ice. Can't wait for summer!

#7 ·
i live in ft lauderdale it is in broward county... i don't have that much of a ego ... my cbr was stolen back in july .. i ride a 2007 919 that i sold to myself... and the only time i have been in court is when i was a police officer giving sworn testimony or when i was in court regarding a child support/custody issue...

guess you don't know as much as you thought

#13 ·
of course...

last night me mary and the girls went for a ride... we found a new goodwill store and we like looking around those places... so we stop..leave the truck running so the a/c will keep the girls cool.. and went looking.. i found a couple things anyway.... we were walking out and this lady had her hands completely full of things... like vases and books.. so i held the door for her.. she said.. "i didnt need your help" and i said.. "well... have a good night anyway".... as we walked away mary asked what her problem was and as i went to answer i heard the crash of everything she was carrying hitting the ground and breaking...(well the books didnt break)...... the lady looked up and around ... and i said in a loud voice "maybe shoulda let me help ya there"... then we laffed ourselves silly and drove off in a rottweiler breath smelling jeep grand cherokee....

i love instant karma..

#15 ·
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for someone complaining they've only been able to ride 3 times this month. Some of us haven't ridden in nearly 3 months! :blink: Gotta give it to you though, Doug. You'll ride in colder temps than me and I'm up the road from you outside Rochester.

#18 ·
Lets see, 2' of snow in December that stayed way too long
Followed by flooding in early January - even Interstate 5 was under water
A few nice days recently but temps in the 30's
Outside this evening - snowing again.....
Needless to say the 919 is spending the winter indoors
Anxious for spring to arrive

#19 ·
well i have not rode since nov.1st been cold, plus first sign of salt/sand and i park it, not worth it.i might be lucky enough to drag it back out end of april. but this crappy weather gives me time to work on my bike, and i have something to look foward to. SPRING

#20 ·
Good for you Doug! Hell, I haven't even seen my driveway in over a month let alone ride in 3.......Got up this morning to 3 degrees and 25 below with the wind chill......when did PA become Antartica?!?:rant-rave:

#21 ·
I don't mind a ride in the cold, maybe 30s at the lowest, but the seemingly endless days of single digit temps having my riding bug in complete hibernation. Once that bug does start waking back up in a month or so, I'll be praying for rain to wash all the salt away.

#22 ·
I rode in Friday. They had salted the roads, but a light rain washed most of it away. I've been able to ride once every week or two all winter so that's not too bad. They are calling for 10 inches of snow and an inch of ice here over the next two days so I have a feeling that Veronica is going to stay in the garage for a while. I might turn on the heater and give her a sponge bath this weekend. She (my 919) isn't the candle type so we'll do it by fluorescent drop light. :D

#25 ·
I sucked it up and rode in the wodds yesterday - a brisk 35 degress while zzooming around trees, ahh, good times !

As a side note, the Mrs and I were goingto go for a street ride on sat. ( highs in the mid 50s ) but, imagine this, the Ducati wouldnt start ! :lol:

#29 ·
I live in North Florida, on the Western side, and it has been 70 plus all week!

It is supposed to cool off tomorrow, I think thew high will be 58! Man it is going to get cold!

I think I will go for a ride now..............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.