Spouts on/not on Yosh TRS slip-ons - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 AM
hairball919

Question Spouts on/not on Yosh TRS slip-ons

Here I go again with my infamous question and answer session

Okay, I mentioned this in an earlier post but I'm still wondering about those cool spouts that were shown in ALL the ad pics and even on the Yoshimura site on the slip-ons for the 919. I was not very happy when for $525 mine didn't have them!

I contacted the place I got them from (StarCycle.com) and they were as surprised as I was. Hey, I believed them, after all they never opened my box to do a quality control check. They just sell what Yoshimura sends them. They even contacted Yoshimura and sent me a copy of their email to them and the response they got. Yoshi's reply was that those spouts no longer come on the TRS slip-ons for the 919 and Yoshi sent them a CD-ROM to update their ad pics.

Back to MY question:

Does anyone know if a person can BUY those spouts and somehow put them onto the Yosh TRS slip-ons? Mine have 3 screws at the ends to open them up to put the limiter inserts in but the ones in pics that have spouts don't have the 3 screws.

I like the spouts becaus they are angled so the air goes staight back rather than up in the air. I was thinking they should make spouts that you can install just like the inserts: open the end, put them in, close the end, POOF!, done! Of course it's probably not this easy but it should be!

Anyone know anything about these spouts and if a guy can ADD them somehow? How about spouts from a different brand of slip-on, would that work?

The pic on the left is what I saw on Yoshimura's site (and www.starcycle.com) for the 919, and the one on the right is the end of MY slip-ons. See the difference? Pretty lame!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Yoshimura TRS.jpg (86.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 0206091930.jpg (58.0 KB, 8 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 10:25 AM
Milites Gregarius

That's not cool at all!! I don't think the new ones look bad but it would probably increase the stink. Either way you didn't get what you expected.

post #3 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

you can probably get them to send you new end caps and drill out the rivets and then pop rivet the new tips on. O my friend has a set that has tips he would gladly trade you. Obviously his are used though.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #4 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 10:34 AM
hairball919

Exactly! And they STILL show the spouts on Yoshi's site for the 919, however they did change the actual pic of the 919 but not the slip-on next to it! And neither did Star Cycle! Check it out...

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-2557-...p-on-dual.aspx
http://www.starcycle-usa.com/servlet/Detail?no=16301

post #5 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 10:37 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

the one you wanted is the older model that my friend has. Send them back and go with a set of Satos. I love mine

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #6 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 AM
hairball919

I doubt they will take them back since they've been on my bike for over a week. Plus they're cool anyway, with or without the spouts.

BUT I do know what you mean about the Sato's from pics I've looked at! They weren't as cheap as my Yoshi's but DANG they have spouts that look like freakin round laundry shoots! Huge!

Another thing I noticed is that the ones they SHOW on the sites say "Yoshimura USA" but mine just say "Yoshimura". Oh well, they look nice and sound nice. The spouts were just to add to my coolness factor...

Their advertising the muffs having spouts but actually NOT is a bunch of bull
Even the ones in the downloadable PDF install instructions for the 919 Yoshi's SHOW SPOUTS!

post #7 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Tire abuser

You should look at this thread:
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...caps+yoshimura

The author took the spouts off to put on the carbon end caps. You should be able to see how it is done. You will probably want the carbon end caps after you see them.

post #8 of 8 Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prtsimmons View Post
You should look at this thread:
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...caps+yoshimura

The author took the spouts off to put on the carbon end caps. You should be able to see how it is done. You will probably want the carbon end caps after you see them.
Here's an updated link to my thread: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=15891

I had the old style end caps with the spouts, and am in the process of selling them right now to another WT member. It's my undrstanding that Yoshimura changed to the new style a year or two back. The 919 must not get enough attention if they can't remember to update their website with the photos of the newer product.

I love the Yoshi exhaust but wanted a different look than what they offered so I called Yoshimura and told them I was looking for carbon end caps and ended up with the exhaust you see in that thread.
I think the project was totally worthwhile, but it wasn't cheap and it wasn't easy... the parts cost close to $250 and the first set they sent didn't look as good and weren't even close to the correct size. I sent everything back and we talked some more and they sent me the parts you see in the thread, but the base plates had to be modified to correctly accept the rivets. A good amount of time was spent with a drill and dremel tool to get everything how it should be. Not that big a deal though, everything eventually fit.

It sucks that you didn't get what was advertised. Start a post and ask if anyone wants to trade their old end caps for your new ones. People always wants something different.

I see you're only about a half hour away, you can check mine out in person if you decide to go the carbon route.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode