Some ASSHOLE.... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Some ASSHOLE....

knocked over my bike the other day, put it back up, and didnt leave a note to apologize or NOTHING!

its the holidays ffs.. be half decent and atleast say you're sorry.

i had a mint 919 and now it's been molested by the ground and it wasnt even my doing. i'm pissed as hell.

thank god the exhaust, rear cowl, and gas tank are untouched. but my unique bar ends are fucked up bad (custom made and idk how to replace them), engine case is scratched up pretty good on the bottom, rear brake lever is bent, put a mark into the lower frame, and there are marks on the turn signal.

i suspect some young punk with some pos scooter on campus hit it and knocked it over. some of these scooter riders will park inbetween motorcycle spots to try and make their scooters fit and block other scooters/motorcycles from getting out. next time i see a scooter even come close to my motorcycle i'm gonna have a word with the rider.

/rant... for now. had to get that off my chest lol. just cant believe some people...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 04:05 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

That sucks! Too many assholes out there.

post #3 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Tesserarius

At least he put it back up.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.
post #4 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Bacon-powered

fricking dirty scrotebag...

one question: ffs=for fucks sake?

Preschool - Kawasaki 100 enduro
Grade School - Honda CB 125
High School - Honda 400 Hawk
College - Honda VT500 Ascot
Real life - Honda 919
post #5 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Machine Head

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Maybe a strong young punk, 919's are heavy. Pvster if time is not an issue send the bar end to me and I'll skim cut it for you.

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
post #6 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Allons-y!

Garage
I feel for you. Mine was knocked over by an old guy in a pickup. no damage thank god to the painted bits. Hang in there buddy.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it" ~ Ayn Rand
post #7 of 52 Old 12-01-2010, 05:03 PM
Discen

same thing happened to mine a about 2 months ago, except they didnt pick mine up it laid in my parking lot for about 2 hours. it was mint not its scratched and i only have one mirror. some people just have nothing better to do i guess. also my car got keyed early this week and im pretty pissed about that. sucks when people have no regard for your things... i know how you feel man. im gonna catch someone doing that one day and beat the living shit out of them

post #8 of 52 Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 AM
smileage

That does suck, sorry to hear it happened.

The world is full of assholes, unfortunately.

Especially Cycle World!

post #9 of 52 Old 12-02-2010, 06:11 AM
Gets censored

I too have a similar story, sucks man. Pissed me off beyong belife Im sure it did you to.

post #10 of 52 Old 12-02-2010, 07:04 AM
Cat Herder

Garage

Awards Showcase
Veteran Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Didn't your last one get knocked over? Seems to be a lot of the going around

2015 Ducati Monster 1200S

"Anyone who says money can't buy you happiness has obviously never used money to buy a Ducati motorcycle."
post #11 of 52 Old 12-02-2010, 01:27 PM
Tesserarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCatcher View Post
Didn't your last one get knocked over? Seems to be a lot of the going around
Yes it did, maybe he will sell me this one too.

post #12 of 52 Old 12-02-2010, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

dont hold your breath schrock as you'll go blue real quick lol. i like this bike. it's a keeper (919s in general)

just irrates me that no one has any respect for any one's property. could be alot worse i suppose.

post #13 of 52 Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Philanthropist

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Sorry about your luck.

I always get restless when my bike is in a parking lot and I can't see it.
Can I ask if you had frame sliders installed?

post #14 of 52 Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Who, me?

I don't like this one at all PV. Let me know if you need help rebuilding the custom mirrors. The mirrors were the cheap ones off ebay, did the mirror get screwed up, or did the bar end get screwed up?

Contact me for AMSOIL products!

www.rmbsynthetics.com

If it ain't broke, keep fixing it 'till it is...
post #15 of 52 Old 12-04-2010, 01:58 PM
Tirone

Dude sorry. Hey consider getting some sliders...helps for occasions like that.

post #16 of 52 Old 12-04-2010, 04:02 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
dont hold your breath schrock as you'll go blue real quick lol. i like this bike. it's a keeper (919s in general)

just irrates me that no one has any respect for any one's property. could be alot worse i suppose.
Any off season mod plans for the 919 this winter ?

post #17 of 52 Old 12-04-2010, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Any off season mod plans for the 919 this winter ?
what off season? lol.

post #18 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

well, more sad news to report back with. i found out today from my neighbor that he saw my bike over on it's side thanksgiving morning at my home, which pisses me off more and even more so since he didnt bother to tell me until NOW when something ELSE happened sometime last night/this morning.

yes thats right something else happened. this time, i personally found my motorcycle laying on the left side, with significantly more damage. it fell hard considering it got pushed up and over the kickstand (kickstand was till locked in place when i lifted it back up and is bent. gas tank is bent, rear cowl is broken, windscreen is broken, bar end, mirror, and weight is broken, and exhaust is bent. i'm furious! to make matters worse, when someone pushed it over it hit my neighbor's car and left a dent in his door as well.

made a report to the police and am waiting for them to call back, and made a claim with my insurance company. i dont know who the hell i pissed off or what i even did to make someone push my damn bike over. just blows my mind.

merry christmas asshole, whoever you are.

post #19 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Time for a camera.

post #20 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 06:49 PM
Who, me?

I'm pissed off now too. Think I'll come up there, help you hunt the asshole down, duct tape him to a tree in the woods, and let the bears chew on his ass for a while. I put alot of blood, sweat and tears into that piece of machinery before I turned it over to you. You and it deserve better than this.

Contact me for AMSOIL products!

www.rmbsynthetics.com

If it ain't broke, keep fixing it 'till it is...
post #21 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Discen

Quote:
well, more sad news to report back with. i found out today from my neighbor that he saw my bike over on it's side thanksgiving morning at my home, which pisses me off more and even more so since he didnt bother to tell me until NOW when something ELSE happened sometime last night/this morning.

yes thats right something else happened. this time, i personally found my motorcycle laying on the left side, with significantly more damage. it fell hard considering it got pushed up and over the kickstand (kickstand was till locked in place when i lifted it back up and is bent. gas tank is bent, rear cowl is broken, windscreen is broken, bar end, mirror, and weight is broken, and exhaust is bent. i'm furious! to make matters worse, when someone pushed it over it hit my neighbor's car and left a dent in his door as well.

made a report to the police and am waiting for them to call back, and made a claim with my insurance company. i dont know who the hell i pissed off or what i even did to make someone push my damn bike over. just blows my mind.

merry christmas asshole, whoever you are.

damn man i really hope you catch whoever is doing that.

post #22 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 06:58 PM
notsowisecracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciarrocc View Post
damn man i really hope you catch whoever is doing that.
...and when you do, if you need any...uh "assistance", I'm only 45 min south...

This really, really sucks.
Someone needs hurt, bad.

post #23 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 07:10 PM
notsowisecracker

Oh, and even though I benefited from the demise of your last bike by vulturing the pipes and crash bars.....

I swear to God, I'm not pushing your bike over!!!!!!!!

Any help I can be whipping it back in to shape, just call.

post #24 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Gets censored

just food for thought, Ive seen my bike fall off its kickstand twice all by itself. Once I was standing ten feet away and couldnt grab it. I can only guess I didnt roll it back on the stand like I usually do? Theres been a couple folks on here that have had it happen to them on their 9ers as well. I hope thats the case and its not someone trashin your shit ... either way it sucks man, sorry.

post #25 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
Tesserarius

Man that blows. I hate people who do that kinda thing. MonkeyWrench claims he has no part in this, but I can assure you I didnt travel 1500 miles to push it over either. Even though your last bike is sitting in my garage. Looks like its time to get a camera and wait.

post #26 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

thanks guys, i dont know what the hell the deal is... it's gotten me really sad and bummed about the whole situation. i already lock it up under the carport after my roommate's bike got stolen near the beginning of the year, havent had an issue since and we live in a good neighborhood so i dont know what the deal is.

hmm camera.... i've been waiting forever for a garage in my complex and theres no hope anytime soon of getting one so a camera might be needed. any idea how i could go about getting one on the cheap and having it mounted/record inside the carport somewhere?

post #27 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Legalize it please?

U just need a 110 outlet and some cable wire. I havent done one of the "wireless" set ups, but the materials for the hard wired ones might run you $100?

2007 CB900f- sold
2009 K1300s- rockin out
post #28 of 52 Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

yeah cant use cable wire. carport and apt are separated sadly.

post #29 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 AM
Tesserarius

101 Use Wireless Security Camera System

Heres a wireless one, you would have to find some way to record it. I guess you could even just go old school and use a vcr. And just keep taping over the previous day until the bike gets knocked over again.

post #30 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 01:40 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
thanks guys, i dont know what the hell the deal is... it's gotten me really sad and bummed about the whole situation. i already lock it up under the carport after my roommate's bike got stolen near the beginning of the year, havent had an issue since and we live in a good neighborhood so i dont know what the deal is.

hmm camera.... i've been waiting forever for a garage in my complex and theres no hope anytime soon of getting one so a camera might be needed. any idea how i could go about getting one on the cheap and having it mounted/record inside the carport somewhere?
Look in a sporting goods store in the hunting section, there are batery operated motion detecting cameras designed to me mounted to a tree to watch animal trails, they will detect motion and snap a pic.

post #31 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 01:50 AM
Tesserarius

^+1 I shoulda thought of that way easier. I googled it and got quite a few options. trail cam - Google Search

post #32 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 02:02 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Heres one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trail camera.jpg (49.1 KB, 3 views)

post #33 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 07:43 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Pv, I've been following this thread even though I haven't had time to post up much lately. The trail cam is an excellent idea, and a gorilla alarm on the bike would be a good idea too. hell, I'd probably park my car a few spots away and sleep in it for a few nights to see if I could ambush somebody!

Bad cess to the perpetrator, and may the fleas of thousand camels infest his crotch.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #34 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
The Cripple

thanks guys, i like that trail cam idea! brilliant. i'll do some research on that.

post #35 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

That trail cam was on sale in Gander Mountain.

post #36 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
The Cripple

any good brands i should look out for? or key features? i know NOTHING about trail cameras. since i live in an apt complex how do i ensure that the camera doesnt take a picture every time a car drives by? can i aim it so where it focuses on just the area where the bikes are parked?

post #37 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Sorry to hear man. Can you think of anyone that has it in for you?

post #38 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
any good brands i should look out for? or key features? i know NOTHING about trail cameras. since i live in an apt complex how do i ensure that the camera doesnt take a picture every time a car drives by? can i aim it so where it focuses on just the area where the bikes are parked?
I think your questions that you brought up are key considerations, but you are the one that will have to answer them, since the rest of us don't know what your parking area looks like, etc. A trail cam is going to be battery operated so you wont need to run a power lead to it, and yes...it's motion sensitive...you you will need to either aim it at the area where your bike gets parked or else weed through pictures of cars & pedestrians passing by.

Somebody on a different site where your situation got brought up suggested that the Trunk Monkey would have taken care of your problem

I hope you can get it taken care of before it happens again...what did your insurance & the cops have to say about it?

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #39 of 52 Old 12-08-2010, 02:17 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase

Quote:
I've never used one, they seem simple enough though. Let us know if you get one and how it works.

post #40 of 52 Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 AM
Gets censored

Post up a pic of the perp after you work him over once or twice with the louisville. That my friend would be sweet ass sweet!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode