***SOLD***For sale: Center Stand - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 Old 01-16-2012, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.
 
Brewcrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 1
 
***SOLD***For sale: Center Stand

I'll try to update this better than my windshield post. As soon as I can get it off, I'm selling the center stand since I flat out don't use it. Looking to get $100 but I'm sure you guys will let me know if that's ludicrous speed.

Brewcrew02 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
beefsalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 2,776
Blog Entries: 51
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Give me $100, and lets go ride...now THAT is a deal if you ask me :P Good luck with sale.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
beefsalad is offline  
post #3 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 04:24 AM
Tirone
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Syd, Australia
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 1
 
Any photos of the stand. PM sent

mjacks is offline  
post #4 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 07:17 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,602
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcrew02 View Post
I'm selling the center stand since I flat out don't use it.
Not even to clean, lube and adjust the chain ?
So they will last longer, as they will because the enhanced ease of doing it results in it being done better and more often?
Perhaps you have a race stand as well.
If not, another consideration is parking the bike on soft pavement or hard packed gravel/dirt. A centre stand is more stable, especially if you have gear on the bike. Particularly so given the 919's high lean angle when on the lean stand.
True, it's easier to put a piece of wood under a lean stand to get a larger foot area.
As you can tell, I am no fan of lean stands !

mcromo44 is offline  
post #5 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,613
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

<<<Yeah, says the guy that parks his bike on bike stands IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Not even to clean, lube and adjust the chain ?
So they will last longer, as they will because the enhanced ease of doing it results in it being done better and more often?
Perhaps you have a race stand as well.
If not, another consideration is parking the bike on soft pavement or hard packed gravel/dirt. A centre stand is more stable, especially if you have gear on the bike. Particularly so given the 919's high lean angle when on the lean stand.
True, it's easier to put a piece of wood under a lean stand to get a larger foot area.
As you can tell, I am no fan of lean stands !

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #6 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,602
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
<<<Yeah, says the guy that parks his bike on bike stands IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET.....
Ummm, ahhh, well, what can I say, you got me good !

mcromo44 is offline  
post #7 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.
 
Brewcrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 1
 
To be honest, I'm 5'11" and a buck forty five soaking wet... She ain't easy to get it up on the stand. I plan on buying a "pit bull" or "race stand" with the $$

Brewcrew02 is offline  
post #8 of 27 Old 01-17-2012, 09:58 AM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,602
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcrew02 View Post
To be honest, I'm 5'11" and a buck forty five soaking wet... She ain't easy to get it up on the stand. I plan on buying a "pit bull" or "race stand" with the $$
So, you are half an inch shorter than me, but a wee bit skinnier BUT surely younger and stronger.
About the same as I was when I rode my CB750, a bike I could almost "throw on the stand" with ease.
A centre stand is an easy do with right technique.
The key is to start rolling the bike back before you depress the centre stand lever foot.
The trick is to use the bike's momentum to assist putting it up on the stand.
Left hand on the bar.
Right hand grab point is not so good, if you have stock pegs, use the foot blocker on the passenger peg as a grab point.
Stand so bike is "ahead of you" so when it rolls back a bit you'll be nicely positioned to be able to plant and step on the lever.
Do it right, and it's a short statured flyweight's job.
Do it wrong, unless you are a serious porker, it's going to be tough work.
Takes a bit of practice, but once you have it nailed, you'll be liking it !

mcromo44 is offline  
post #9 of 27 Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM
TEXAN
 
MF1VE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 1,524
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcrew02 View Post
I'll try to update this better than my windshield post. As soon as I can get it off, I'm selling the center stand since I flat out don't use it. Looking to get $100 but I'm sure you guys will let me know if that's ludicrous speed.
I am interested in the center stand (yes I know I'm a n00b but really, I would like a center stand on my bike). Let me know if you end up removing it.

MF1VE is offline  
post #10 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Tesserarius
 
PHOBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 786
Rep Power: 1
 
Hellooooo! PHOBSTAND!!

PHOBMAN is offline  
post #11 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 05:39 PM
TEXAN
 
MF1VE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 1,524
Rep Power: 1
 
Er?

MF1VE is offline  
post #12 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 05:41 PM
Tesserarius
 
PHOBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 786
Rep Power: 1
 
Do your research!

PHOBMAN is offline  
post #13 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 05:47 PM
TEXAN
 
MF1VE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 1,524
Rep Power: 1
 
Cool stand, man, but it's not exactly the same, is it? I ***think*** this conversation is about the OEM, stays-on-the-bike center stand, which I would like to have.

MF1VE is offline  
post #14 of 27 Old 01-22-2012, 05:52 PM
Tesserarius
 
schrock86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: *
Posts: 765
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF1VE View Post
Cool stand, man, but it's not exactly the same, is it? I ***think*** this conversation is about the OEM, stays-on-the-bike center stand, which I would like to have.
No, its not the same. It does the job of the centerstand, but it comes off in seconds. For those of us who don't want to clutter up the underside with a permanent stand. Its a great stand, lots of guys around here love it.

015.jpg



Don't steal. The government hates competition.
schrock86 is offline  
post #15 of 27 Old 01-23-2012, 06:42 AM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,764
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by schrock86 View Post
No, its not the same. It does the job of the centerstand, but it comes off in seconds. For those of us who don't want to clutter up the underside with a permanent stand. Its a great stand, lots of guys around here love it.

Attachment 19029
+1!!!! to phobeman!

Pvster is offline  
post #16 of 27 Old 01-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Tesserarius
 
PHOBMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
Posts: 786
Rep Power: 1
 
Plus, because of the long lever arm, a 60lb weakling can still get it up!!!

PHOBMAN is offline  
post #17 of 27 Old 01-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Community Moderator
 
g00gl3it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Idaho
Posts: 11,613
Rep Power: 1
  

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOBMAN View Post
Plus, because of the long lever arm, a 60lb weakling can still get it up!!!
There is so much wrong with that statement. I won't even go there.




2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
g00gl3it is offline  
post #18 of 27 Old 01-23-2012, 05:09 PM
Centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right Here
Posts: 1,330
Rep Power: 1
 
OEM Honda or that aftermarket brand?...can't think of the name right now.

Bryce919er is offline  
post #19 of 27 Old 01-23-2012, 05:30 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
Motech? ^

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
andrewebay1 is offline  
post #20 of 27 Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.
 
Brewcrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 1
 
In case we all haven't heard, I took a good spill so this thread is still good and I have received and believe responded to all PMs regarding getting the stand off for those of you still interested. Just got the bike home yesterday and will be breaking her down over the next couple days to a week. If still interested follow up with our PMs or send me a new one. Thanks for the patience and well wishes again!

Brewcrew02 is offline  
post #21 of 27 Old 01-24-2012, 09:00 AM
TEXAN
 
MF1VE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 1,524
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewcrew02 View Post
In case we all haven't heard, I took a good spill so this thread is still good and I have received and believe responded to all PMs regarding getting the stand off for those of you still interested. Just got the bike home yesterday and will be breaking her down over the next couple days to a week. If still interested follow up with our PMs or send me a new one. Thanks for the patience and well wishes again!
PM (re)-sent.

MF1VE is offline  
post #22 of 27 Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.
 
Brewcrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 1
 
Finally got it off and now have pics...

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...7901817439.jpg

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/a...7901857379.jpg

Second pic is of the minimal rash from my crash. It's on the foot lever to push the stand into place. Nothing else damaged.

Brewcrew02 is offline  
post #23 of 27 Old 01-29-2012, 09:56 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
That's the stock Honda one. PM Sending now...

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
andrewebay1 is offline  
post #24 of 27 Old 01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Coloradan
 
coaz4x4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 100
Rep Power: 1
 
I'm interested if its not yet sold.

Peter B
coaz4x4 is offline  
post #25 of 27 Old 01-30-2012, 03:25 PM
TEXAN
 
MF1VE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 1,524
Rep Power: 1
 
Sold and shipped - to me. :-)

MF1VE is offline  
post #26 of 27 Old 01-30-2012, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.
 
Brewcrew02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 432
Rep Power: 1
 
Like he said... Done deal!

Brewcrew02 is offline  
post #27 of 27 Old 01-30-2012, 05:13 PM
rmb
Let's go!
 
rmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sussex Couty NJ
Posts: 7,650
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Thread closed.

rmb is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome