Single Two Brothers --- Need PCIII map - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Single Two Brothers --- Need PCIII map & a quick review

..... if you have the Single sided Two Brothers Exhaust on your 919......

I'm looking for a couple of different Power Commander III maps to try out.

---- custom tune coming, but I'd like to get her close first!

Don't hate me.... let me start by saying.....I don't and never have liked Two Brothers.

BTW...... did everything in my power to NOT buy the Two Brothers. In the past with every sportbike I've ever owned the Two Brothers were at the bottom of the list. Did the research....and couldn't find anything against it. (other than people just simply not liking the brand....and not wanting to give it a chance....like the info on 919.org for instance...)

Now that I've bought the system and installed it..... have to say.... I'm quite impressed. It has a nice deep tone at idle, not too loud at highway RPM's, the single can 3/4 system is CHEAP - paid $350, surprisingly comes with a Galfer braided rear brake line, everything install wise has been well thought out, was surprised to see that the fit and finish were excellent (didn't expect this), it is a HUGE difference in weight reduction, and to be honest the bike noticably pulls harder. Add to that.... I'm sure when I get the right map in the PCIII --- its going to be even better.

Only down side to the entire install was - time involved. In order to pull out the OEM Y pipe --- you have to pull out the rear shock. (there may be another way.....but couldn't figure it out....so, I just pulled it not wanting to scratch anything up in the process). The only other issue was pulling the OEM brake line, reinstalling the SS line, priming the line with the Mighty Vac, then doing a good bleed with some fresh fluid.

It probably took me a solid 2 hours to complete.

All in all though......You just can't beat it. (I'll post up pics this afternoon)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Well......

The Power Commander website has a couple maps for the 919. (which I knew...)

Did a little testing this morning.... decided to run the TWO BROTHERS DUAL SLIP-ON's map.

No popping on decel....and doesn't seem to be running overally rich.... So, looks like I'm good until I can get in to get a custom map made....

post #3 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 12:29 PM
orange

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Glad it's working well for you, so this is the one with the dummy can on one side or is it just a single pipe?

post #4 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 01:09 PM
Gets censored

I have a RR pipe with a yosh slip on Ive been runnig the K&n D and D dual exhaust map with no issues, very slight pop if you try to make it happen. Personally I dont see the need for a custom map on a daily rider, If I was doing track days with it sure but for the street I'll keep my free map and my 250 bucks all day. Why shell out $ for an extra couple ponies all the way at the top?? maybe it runs pretty damn hard.

I too noticed a significant difference when I took off the OEM restrictive exhaust, but part of me wonders if it's accually making more power or Im just hearing the motor now and it feels like it? I definitly feel like it pulls harder towards the top but I dont know if its in my head or not, The throttle response also feels alot more 'snappy' but again I dont know if Im making shit up or not.... Either way I like loud and thats the real reason I did it. Post up a pic man!

post #5 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Gets censored

And yeah if you wanna get that Y pipe out the shock has to come off you did it right.

post #6 of 8 Old 06-16-2010, 05:22 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I have a RR pipe with a yosh slip on Ive been runnig the K&n D and D dual exhaust map with no issues, very slight pop if you try to make it happen.
I have the 900RR with a Scorpion Can, no PCIII and same thing...a little pop on decel occasionally, but almost have to try to make it happen.

post #7 of 8 Old 06-17-2010, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeau1960 View Post
Glad it's working well for you, so this is the one with the dummy can on one side or is it just a single pipe?
Didn't get a chance to post up pics.... I'll do it soon.

........no dummy..... the kit comes with a new mid-pipe...and a high mount right hand canister.

I've been riding the bike all week...... still like the pipe ALOT. Nice deep tone and not tooo loud --- noticable weight difference in the corners --- the dual slip-on's map from the PowerCommander website seems to be pretty damn close.

There is a local guy that will make 'HALF-MAPS' for us for $150. Basically if you have your map close, he'll go in with an exhaust gas sniffer and make any more major changes needed......(instead of getting a full map made for $300)

Communter or not..... I think a full map is worth its weight in gold.... better running, better fuel mileage, more power, and less stink.

post #8 of 8 Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Gets censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
I have the 900RR with a Scorpion Can, no PCIII and same thing...a little pop on decel occasionally, but almost have to try to make it happen.
When I slapped my PC on there and had the map loaded, I noticed a lot better throttle response... way better. Seems to make smoother power as far as more power Im not sure but the throttle control was a big bonus for me as I found the 9er was fairly 'twitchy' and that has been smoothed out ten fold.

I may sack up and do the custom map one day but Im going to school and ballin on a budget so I'll have to pencil it in after I get a decent seat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode