Since I'm not riding... - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.

Since I'm not riding...

I got deeper into my other hobby... "Tinkering" with electronics. Since I can't work on a bike and my car is pretty lame ('98 Acura 3.2TL) I needed to slake my tinker thirst with a good project... So here it is, 80's ghettoblaster made a little more new school. Clarion 2-way speakers, 12v led strips on separate rocker switch, aux input in the tape deck, runs on 12v li-ion rechargeable battery, and 12v motorcycle amp as the "brain" complete with remote. Wired the IR for the remote to the front where the phones jack hole was (I said jack hole!). Can play via mp3 player, sd card, or USB stick. USB is best as that allows full use of the remote. Unfortunately had to gut the OG stereo parts out but am working on a second that should be dual purpose. Yes I will build you one if you want... But it's a pain in the ASS to find the OG boomboxes at a good price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghettoblast.jpg (76.0 KB, 31 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 10:21 PM
Batman

Can u program a simple avrcp remote that is connected to the clutch handle of my niner? I've tried a Bluetooth stack app and a remote from a Wii, but it doesn't jive with my HTC EVO dammit.

Just curious as that's some good DIY building there.

I may not have a lot to say but it doesn't mean I don't listen.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-07-2012, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
Needs training wheels.

Unfortunately either get an iPhone/iPod
Amazon.com: Monster iEZClick Remote Control for iPod (Black): Electronics
or gotta go my same set up. That's one thing that is SHITTY about Android... They don't have accessories because they're all different HARDWARE. They don't jive for shit except for on firmware... that's if we get a good update. Good EVO mount and your current is best so far. I've got an Atrix that I LOVE but shit for good apps and hardware compatibility (can't even get good covers!)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode