Self-Cancelling Signal Flasher? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Self-Cancelling Signal Flasher?

Does anyone know where I might locate a self-concelling turn-signal flasher for a 919? Occasionally, I forget to turn mine off and it ticks me off when I do. I can't believe they haven't been standard equipment on everything for years.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Kisan Technologies makes one.

post #3 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRider View Post
Does anyone know where I might locate a self-concelling turn-signal flasher for a 919? Occasionally, I forget to turn mine off and it ticks me off when I do. I can't believe they haven't been standard equipment on everything for years.

Thanks
lol... i have the same problem then got over it... i dont have the license plate ring that says Blinky for nothin.

post #4 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

that happens to all of us from time to time. i feel minorly ticked off when i do it, too.

which leads to the next question...what bikes out there have self-cancelling turns? could you take the left control pod off of one and transplant it onto your 9er?

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #5 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 01:01 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
that happens to all of us from time to time. i feel minorly ticked off when i do it, too.

which leads to the next question...what bikes out there have self-cancelling turns? could you take the left control pod off of one and transplant it onto your 9er?
only ones i know that have self canceling turn signals are..... harleys. Only cus if they didnt the rider is too dumb to figure out how to turn em off... hell they have the actual buttons on the respective side instead of on one switch LOL.

post #6 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Red Rider

My old 1983 Suzuki 1100 Katana had self canceling signals stock!

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #7 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Gets censored

I've never heard of such a thing and can't imagine how it would work?

If a blinker really pisses you off you may wanna consider talking to your doctor about anger managment.

post #8 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Aquilifer

CBRider, are you saying you forget to put your arm back in?
MY signals cancel any time i use the clutch, as i have no electrically-lit turn signals.

post #9 of 11 Old 07-20-2010, 02:50 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

My 85 Maxim X had self canceling turn signals. Many jap bikes do. they based the cancellation on time. Harley i think cancels based on speed.

Oh and thanks on the tip rmb.

post #10 of 11 Old 07-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

I just stopped signaling altogether. "Fuck 'em" I say. All I was doing is telling where to go to block me or hit me anyway. I think a surprise attack works much better now.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #11 of 11 Old 07-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

Many motorcycles came with self cancelling turn signals in the '80s, but since then you'd have to buy a high end touring bike or a more recent Hardly Ableson to get them. My '82 Honda Sabre VF750 had it, but it took a solenoid in the left switch housing that mechanically shut off the switch to maintain driving lights when it did shut down. There were a variety of inputs to the control module, including speed, clutch, neutral, side stand (for some strange reason), steering angle, and a couple others. It always worked very well.

The '80s Yamaha Seca line had them as well, and the entire control was packed into the flasher unit -- simple because they did not have integrated driving lights. It also had a variety of inputs that varied shutoff time.

The Kisan unit is a time only type with settable delays -- in other words the signals will shut off while waiting for a protected left turn light or similar delay, and you could suddenly find yourself without turn signals when you're actually making the turn. Not good. Additionally, the unit may turn off the signals, but it doesn't turn the driving light back on -- you have to hand cancel them yourself to do this, or get the necessary harness to do the driving light function. It seems to me that for $110 it should do everything but wash your socks while turning!

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode