sad day...last photoshoot with 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

sad day...last photoshoot with 919

I never did take many photos of the bike. wish i had taken the bike to a place with a nice back drop for a proper shoot when i still had time. anyways, last shoot of my 919. enjoy!

If you know anyone who's looking for a 919, send them over to my auction on ebay. my user name is the same over there.

thanks for all the help in the past with the bike guys. hopefully one day i'll be back again!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:31 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 2

You should post the link to the auction.

post #3 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by async View Post
You should post the link to the auction.
didn't know that was allowed. anyways, here it is
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...9490&rd=1&rd=1

sigh...hopefully at the least, i won't loose too much $$$ on the sell.

post #4 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:38 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Holy sh!t dude...

Are you serious? There's no reserve on this auction? What happens if the highest bid is 3000? Are you going to let it go for that?

post #5 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Pilus Posterior

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

You should have removed all those trick bits and exhaust and sold them to us mod addicts over here! Love the bike sorry for your loss.

post #6 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

nah, no reserve. the bike's gotta go no matter what. i don't have a wife who's as understanding as one's you guys might have. anyways, it was either the cars or the bikes...it was a hard choice but i would have taken a bigger hit if i sell the modified cars.

i would have taken off the parts but i've either given or throw away the stock parts. lesson learned.

it should sell for more than $3k though eh? you're giving me a good case of panick attack right now, async

post #7 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Awesome pics! But why the parting of ways if I may be so bold to ask?

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #8 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy0296 View Post
nah, no reserve. the bike's gotta go no matter what. i don't have a wife who's as understanding as one's you guys might have. anyways, it was either the cars or the bikes...it was a hard choice but i would have taken a bigger hit if i sell the modified cars.
I've very sorry to hear that! You remind me why I never thought I'd find someone that would respect cycling. I hope it all works out.

post #9 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadogs View Post
Awesome pics! But why the parting of ways if I may be so bold to ask?
got a new born coming in a couple of months...won't have much time to ride any more but i didn't really want to sell the bike. wife thinks i have too many toys and have been trying to get me to sell the bikes before i fall on one. i guess it's the responsible thing to now that i've got a baby girl.

i had visions of taking her on country side rides like my dad did back in the day...maybe one day

post #10 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Official thread derailer

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 7

Completely understood. Congrats and good luck with the new addition as well! Children are priceless.

Proud member of Wristtwisters, where we drill things the right way.
post #11 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Tribuni Angusticlavii

Awards Showcase

Quote:
it should sell for more than $3k though eh? you're giving me a good case of panick attack right now, async
The problem is there's nothing preventing it for going low, most people put a reserve on it. In any case, I know what you're saying about your wife. It was like pulling teeth to get my wife to agree and in the end, she still worries every time I get on it.

Good luck with the auction.

post #12 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Don't worry... it just barely listed. over 6 days left and it's got plenty of time to go up. If you don't see enough on the bids for your comfort with about a day left.. cancel all the bids and close the auction. Re-list with reserve and say it was listed incorrectly. Don't let eBay etiquette and policy scare ya. Perfectly legit!.. it's your bike and you don't have to take a wash on it. Seriously doubt you will. Lots of time left here gents.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #13 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
got a new born coming in a couple of months...won't have much time to ride any more but i didn't really want to sell the bike. wife thinks i have too many toys and have been trying to get me to sell the bikes before i fall on one. i guess it's the responsible thing to now that i've got a baby girl.

i had visions of taking her on country side rides like my dad did back in the day...maybe one day
Fully understand and you have the right priorities!

The only reason my SO might want me to sell my 9r is if I picked up a ST. It will take a lot of honey do points to keep both!

post #14 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 12:40 PM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

Gorgeous bike!! Good luck on the ebay auction, hope you get a fair price for it. Sorry to hear that you can't keep all your toys.

post #15 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Church of the Holy Smoke

Oh.. almost forgot.. beautiful pics on that listing. Very crisp and artistic. Never ceases to amaze me how folks don't get that pics are what sell your items on eBay. The better the pics.. the more interest and the higher the bids get. Even for crap.. at least people can see the crap that they are getting and are fully aware or it's crapiness. I am in no way comparing your 919 to crap. Thing is beautiful man! You will get top dollar.. just ride it out.

- Rev. CYCHO -

tires.... it's what's for dinner!
post #16 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

thanks for all the kind words guys. i may have sounded like i like having my toys more than the new baby girl...the truth is far from it. I'm super excited at the prospect of being a father, however saddened at the same time for selling the bike (it's like losing a best friend i suppose).

In anycase, 20 more years then i can start buying rediculous toys again and blame it on midlife crisis,lol.

i had a couple offer for $3500'ish...what are they thinking? anyways, thanks for the compliment regarding the photos. photography has always been a huge (and expensive) hobby since the school days. it's actually how my wife and i met--i was hired to photograph one of her sorority's events and.....

post #17 of 21 Old 07-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Resident Viper Driver

Pretty bitchin' man.

It's hard to be humble at 9 G's.
post #18 of 21 Old 07-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Optio

Awards Showcase
Donation BOTM 

Red face Congrats!

Quote:
thanks for all the kind words guys. i may have sounded like i like having my toys more than the new baby girl...the truth is far from it. I'm super excited at the prospect of being a father, however saddened at the same time for selling the bike (it's like losing a best friend i suppose).

In anycase, 20 more years then i can start buying rediculous toys again and blame it on midlife crisis,lol. . .
Sixteen years ago my daughter was born. Got rid of some of my toys as well. You'll be surprised at how the mid life crisis thing can come up so fast. . .just better toys are avaiable. For example, I was one of the first to order a Ducati 1098. But the mature (re: being a dad), got the best of me. Instead that money stays where it should, in my daughter's college fund. Besides I have the 919 to putt around with still. And my daughter? Occassionally, she likes puttin' around with her "papa". You've got a lot of memories ahead of you with your daughter. I certainly have many with many more to come. Hopefully some of my gearhead attributes rubbed off on her so she can someday show some of the boys a thing or two!! ---Congrats on the new one on the way. Your 9er won't be missed once you hold your newborn daughter for the first time.

post #19 of 21 Old 07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Fool in the Rain

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
In anycase, 20 more years then i can start buying rediculous toys again and blame it on midlife crisis,lol.
Nope, in 20 years you'll be paying for college.

Good luck on the auction.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
post #20 of 21 Old 07-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Nice Wheels, too bad it has to go, I did that "new born" thing twice in the past 23 years, and still kept my Z1. I've found out when you get over 50, you don't get rid of anything. You still have time.

post #21 of 21 Old 07-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Talking Well I hope it doesn't go too high

Hi Guys,
Gee, I don't want it to go too high 'cause I'm one of the blokes bidding on it. Not to worry, you'll get a fair price. Well I guess I'm one of those baby boomers that's found my second childhood one more time. The kids are raised and it's grandchildren now. They are great. Rent-a-kids. Spoil the heck out of them and have a great time and then send them home to mom and dad to try and straighten them out. I'm 60 and currently riding a honda sabre 1100 V Twin, which I dearly love, but I need something that puts my adrenalin up a little higher now and then. I figure some kind of naked sport bike will do the trick. Maybe this 919 is the one. We'll see. I keep dragging floorboards on the sabre so it's time I add something to the stable that will allow me to get a little more agressive.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode