renthals have been installed - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

renthals have been installed

ok just got finished installing the renthals.. that makes flapper mod, 17t, 98 cbr900rr full exhaust, michelin stickys frt and rr, now am waiting on barend mirrors and time to design and build the turbo... mwaahhhaaa...

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture003.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture004.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture005.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture007.jpg
http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture008.jpg

these are mostly from today...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Lookin' great!

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #3 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Nice work Barton!. Did you paint the headers or get them ceramic coated?

post #4 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

3.00 walmart high heat paint.. we are low budget.. have to repaint them next week.. with a good high quality paint.. the bikes running lean and headers got hot.. my pc3 is supposed to be in tomorrow but knowing our parts dept it will be tues.. thanks for the complement

post #5 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Tirone

OK Barton that picture may be what you believe and you may even fool other simple minds as well into believing it but what it does show is that like McCain you have no integrity or honor only ignorance in abundance.

And by the way, at least Obama knows the difference between Sunni and Shia, well MaCain does too as long as Liberman is around to whisper in his ear.

post #6 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Ken
Community Admin

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZamp View Post
OK Barton that picture may be what you believe and you may even fool other simple minds as well into believing it but what it does show is that like McCain you have no integrity or honor only ignorance in abundance.

And by the way, at least Obama knows the difference between Sunni and Shia, well MaCain does too as long as Liberman is around to whisper in his ear.
Wow, Jim. You have one previous post here at WT and have the balls to turn a naked bike thread into a political rock throwing contest and schoolyard name calling? Way to make an entrance.

[EDIT] - so your first post:
Quote:
Can't believe this is my first post, but this is so typical of those who don't want to discuss the important issues, but want to move the discussion to issues that are trivial and play on the "low information voters" decision making process. Bottom line, if you like the direction that the Bush administration has taken our society in the last eight years, vote McCain, but if you don't vote Obama. Rewarding the republican party for their behavior of the last eight years by giving them another four years is what you do when you vote for McCain.
You aren't really here for motorcycles are you?

2009 Honda Goldwing
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.
post #7 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Damn JimZamp, A total of 2 posts.. you do have as more experience on this board then that "Community Organizer" you're hawkin.

post #8 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

well jim.. i am less than two hours away if you would like to meet and discuss it in person.. i have the right to my opinion as do you.. but the whole telling me i have no honor is not a good idea.. remember we are here to talk about motorcycles and motorcycle stuff.. the other stuff like the name calling you can do in person with me.. i dont mind the drive

post #9 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 07:36 PM
duc duc GOOSE!

Quote:

I for one appreciate your represntation of Obama, it clearly shows you think ignorant name calling is the way to sway people in your favor, what a bright idea! can you hear the sarcastic tone? tell me, is the throttle on the right or left?

14 Ducati Monster 1200, termi's
07 VFR Anniversary Edition-SOLD
02 919-SOLD
01 CBR F4i-SOLD
02 CBR F4i-SOLD
92 Kawi EX 500-SOLD
post #10 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Nice bars. I think you will like them compared to the oem ones.

post #11 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 08:01 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Which Renthals are those? they don't look like Ultra Lows. Bike looks good.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
post #12 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

thank you.. they are the ultra lows.. and hondacrazy its the one on the right if your in the seat or behind it.. if your in front its the one on the left..

post #13 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 PM
boogerface

Looks good, fellow Floridian.

Michael Reyes

2002 Honda 919 / 2009 Honda Civic Si Sedan
post #14 of 31 Old 09-18-2008, 11:53 PM
Resident Viper Driver

Quote:

Wow, that was an ignorant post.

On another note, nice looking 9er dude!

It's hard to be humble at 9 G's.
post #15 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 03:52 AM
Primus Pilus

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation 

Grow Up!

Quote:

Are you kidding? Nice attack you put on there!

The sad part is you're so obviously oblivious to being a mindless drone, that you're unaware of how wrong this attack was! Just goes to show everyone what your mind set is! Unlike others here whom may support Obama, at least they refrain themselves from personal attacks for ones Political beliefs. Instead they will engage you in conversation filled with compassionate statements and a few small jabs thrown in for fun! ;-)

I for one, would be embarrassed to have you as a fellow party men!

post #16 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:

Wow! You must have just stepped off of the "short bus". If you are the typical Floridian democrat, no wonder they say McCain has Florida wrapped up...

post #17 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

can of political worms opened have i (done in a really really bad yoda voice).. i was just trying to brag on my bike a little and some a$$head from tampa area screwed it up.. i would say i will be glad when this election is over but then obama's crew will sue for a year ala al gore style.. sigh..

post #18 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 06:17 AM

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride Donation Community Leadership Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

I can't get a 919 now. It makes people crazy and ignorant!

On a side note ... I like the bars.

It's better to have loved and lost than live with the psycho for life!
post #19 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 06:22 AM
DaveCB919F4

I sure like the look of that exhaust. I'm running a pretty good PCIII map I'll down load it and send it if you want. It is one I down loaded I just don't remember where from. Be sure to turn on the accellerator pump function and you'll need to play with settings to fit your riding style. The PCIII really makes the power smooth. I'm also running a speedo-healer so when I change gear sets around I don't have to remember... Anyways cool bike.

post #20 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 06:55 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbackdlm View Post
I sure like the look of that exhaust. I'm running a pretty good PCIII map I'll down load it and send it if you want. It is one I down loaded I just don't remember where from. Be sure to turn on the accellerator pump function and you'll need to play with settings to fit your riding style. The PCIII really makes the power smooth. I'm also running a speedo-healer so when I change gear sets around I don't have to remember... Anyways cool bike.
thank you and thank you... sitting here at work doing my best 5year old the night b4 christmas impersonation... i really need the pc3 as i am running leeeaannn... lol ... btw i gotta cut those bars.. i think i need about 1.5" off each end.. i will doit in .5" increments.. but the vibration is gone...

post #21 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 07:09 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

looks great man, keep up the hard work

Bill

post #22 of 31 Old 09-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Praefectus Castrorum

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDROKR View Post
looks great man, keep up the hard work
+1

Looks great!

Spoiler:
"The list is an absolute good. The list is life."

"What kind'a tires you runnin'?"

post #23 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 01:34 PM

Hey Guys! As an independent conservative it is important to reach across the aisle, after all we are almost all humans and we dig bikes that move quickly.

I have gone so far as to let my girlfriend a staunch liberal, who has admitted to voting for Kerry/Edwards, ride on the back of my bike which she has nicknamed "the Wolf" and have let her do this on several occasions. I have even proccured a Corbin to make her experience more enjoyable.

I believe this is the ultimate in bipartisanship.

This sacrifice is even more remarkable on my part since she has a face like an angel, smart as a whip, sly as a fox, smile like a halogen headlight and legs that do not quit. and she brings me joy.

Let this serve as an example to those who have 'drawn a line in the sand". Can't we all get along?

post #24 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Since this is still considerably off topic, I guess I will mention what I came home to today. A little background, I share a house with 2 other guys that vary in political activism.

Anyway, I came home and there's an Obama 08 sign in the front yard, and and Obama cutout in the window. I pulled the sign out of the ground (just to annoy the roommate responsible) and walked inside, dog following. We get inside and I go to move the cutout and my dog flips out, growling and barking. I thought maybe someone was outside (not atypical for him to growl/bark at a closing car door) but that wasn't the case. I continued to move the cutout and he freaks out even more. Hair raised, tail tucked, teeth showing...

I'll have to see if I can get a video of him freaking out and post it on the intrawebnets somewhere for everyones amusement.

post #25 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
Since this is still considerably off topic, I guess I will mention what I came home to today. A little background, I share a house with 2 other guys that vary in political activism.

Anyway, I came home and there's an Obama 08 sign in the front yard, and and Obama cutout in the window. I pulled the sign out of the ground (just to annoy the roommate responsible) and walked inside, dog following. We get inside and I go to move the cutout and my dog flips out, growling and barking. I thought maybe someone was outside (not atypical for him to growl/bark at a closing car door) but that wasn't the case. I continued to move the cutout and he freaks out even more. Hair raised, tail tucked, teeth showing...

I'll have to see if I can get a video of him freaking out and post it on the intrawebnets somewhere for everyones amusement.

good dog!!

post #26 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 04:03 PM
Franklin McGillacutty

Wow the bike looks great. Cant wait to get my header on. you should only be allowed to comment on Osama-Obama if you live in Illinios.................................the truth is if you could do reference search on corrupt Chicago ward politician there would be a picture of Obama.....................dont even get me started with Bill Ayres,or the Tony Resco stuff...........Florida what do you know of Chicago politics. I dont think he deserves neg rep for his opinon thats his view I may not agree but I would go to war for his right to say it.

post #27 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Hey BeefSalad, While we are off subject, and on to dogs......
What do you call a dog with no legs?.............Any thing you want, he's not coming to you anyway. Just a little canine humor, I love dogs.

post #28 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Tirone

Good looking bike Barton!

I hope your pacing yourself with those mods. Your supposed to savor each one.

post #29 of 31 Old 09-20-2008, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

i'm trying to pace myself.. the pc3 was a "you better do it or else" kinda thing.. it was running wayyy to lean.. scary lean.. burn the paint off the headers lean.. but now.. muuuuch better.. it will pull me up in 2nd now..lol

post #30 of 31 Old 09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Tirone

I have always wanted to get bars but i want to sit on a bike with em b4 i buy em. Well the winter is around the corner. then all the fun starts. If only i lived where u lived (in florida) would i enjoy the pavement all them time. then again we up here have all winter to mod our bikes and drool until next spring. the bike looks very nice by the way

post #31 of 31 Old 09-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Curmudgeon

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsalad View Post
We get inside and I go to move the cutout and my dog flips out, growling and barking. I thought maybe someone was outside (not atypical for him to growl/bark at a closing car door) but that wasn't the case. I continued to move the cutout and he freaks out even more. Hair raised, tail tucked, teeth showing...
I've learned to trust my dog's instinct.
The bars are great however! I have enjoyed my Coerce lows for four years now and would never go back! The Renthals you used look much the same bend.

I plan to die young, as late as possible.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode