Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Renthal Bars

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  hutcho 
#1 ·
Hi guys, just starting out on this forum.
I am going to install some Renthal UltraLow bars on my 919 soon. Do I need to worry about bar end weights. I note the original bars have weighted bar ends and weighted inserts. These inserts don't fit inside the Renthals so I would need to source aftermarket.
My thinking is that I don't need them but am interested to see what others have done.
Darren

#2 ·
When I bought my rental ultra lows I also got the renthal bar ends for an addition $40, but only ever used one. I have bar end mirrors so can't use the bar ends. I honestly dont think you need the weights, but its personal preference. Also Renthal bar ends are really small compared to stock bar ends.

Make sure you take the time to drill the renthals for the units to fit on. I took the easy way out and dremeled off the tabs and have regretted it ever since.

#4 ·
I'm using the renthal bar ends with mine. My CRG mirrors clamp on them nicely and I get an excellent view. Don't drill the bars untill you make sure where the bars are going to be and the controls are where you like them. I did not drill my bars so I can adjust riding positon and controlls whenever I feel like it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.