Rear Light Switch - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Rear Light Switch

I found this switch under the seat and was wondering what it was so I started messing with it.

found its this......

what would this be used for and where would it be mounted so that it could be used readily??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-16-2015, 04:16 AM
Semper Vigilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pohnjarker View Post
I found this switch under the seat and was wondering what it was so I started messing with it.

found its this......

what would this be used for and where would it be mounted so that it could be used readily??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V2-...ature=youtu.be
Assuming that you have the CustomLED tailight...

It is used to setup and program the CustomLED integrated taillight. Go to their website and look up the instructions, you can change what color the blinkers flash or not flash and how many times the brake light flashes when the brake is activated before staying on steady.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/019...ctions.pdf?810

post #3 of 6 Old 01-16-2015, 05:19 AM
Tirone

I would only use that if I were broken down on the side of the road and wanted everyone to be able to see me so as not to get hit. Most states have a law that states lights cannot have any strobe capability as to separate from law enforcement/emergency. Maybe once programmed it would work for everyday use. There sure wouldn't be any excuse for someone rear ending you with how bright that is!

post #4 of 6 Old 01-16-2015, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

jrw69 - that was my only thought of using it was if i was broken down on the side of the road so that people saw me.

2007BruteForece - that looks like what i have. when i hit the break, it flashes 3-5 times really fast, then stays solid. it is a great safety feature. the switch and flashing threw me for a loop since i havent seen it before except for like bikes at bike shows or TV.

not my style but since its tied up under the seat, no need to get rid of it, just keep it in case i need to be seen on the side of the road or whatever.

thanks guys

post #5 of 6 Old 01-16-2015, 11:16 AM
Riding Naked All The Time

Yep, CustomLED rocks! That thing is so bright that the other night I was out working in my garage with the door open. I tested the brake switch and lit up our chicken coop which is around 50 yards away.

2004 919 Uranium

post #6 of 6 Old 01-16-2015, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

haha...nice. it is definitely bright!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode